fire

untitled*

 

onho; fluff

 

 

 

Jinki chews his lips, slowing his steps as he finds his home finally, and luckily it has not burned to the ground. There’s smoke though, and firefighters in and out of the small home.

Once Jinki spots Minho in all the slowing havoc, he hurries over to the young man sitting at the back of an ambulance, blanket covering his shoulders and head hung low. Jinki looks to the dark skies a moment, a silent thankful prayer going out. Minho is okay and that’s all that matters really. He calms with each step.

Jinki stops beside Minho, and the younger must know it’s him because he mumbles pitifully. 

"I just wanted to make you dinner… cause you’ve been working so hard lately.. I just.."

Jinki glances around at the mess once more, and really it could have been so much worse, so despite the heavy mood, a laugh escapes him in a deep breath. 

Minho looks up then, eyes red and puffy and Jinki’s smile falters because now he realizes Minho has been sitting here alone sulking and beating himself up over a simple mistake. Jinki only remembers taking off wrappers from his own teenage mistakes. He didn’t actually cause firemen to come to his home though.

Luck isn’t always on Minho’s side, and Jinki wonders if he’s rubbed off on the younger. 

Minho makes Jinki lucky and Jinki makes Minho unlucky, or something like that. It makes sense in Jinki’s head.

"Minho, it’s fine.. you’re okay, right? It’s fine," he speaks quietly, like to a small, frightened child.

"The kitchen was on fire!" Minho looks at Jinki with bulging, hysterical eyes, causing Jinki to step back slightly in fright.

With a deep breath, Jinki runs fingers through Minho’s hair, trying to sooth the young man. His voice lowers, being gentler. “I’m just glad you’re okay.”

Minho relaxes some under Jinki’s gentle touch, big eyes softening and small smile spreading. Long lashes flutter as big eyes close and he leans into the touch. “..I’m really tired..”

Jinki finds a laugh again, reaching down to wrap a warm, comforting hug around Minho. “Me too, baby..”

Neither are sure they’ll get to sleep in their home that night though, and neither one of them is hungry anymore either.