Chapter 9 - Break.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was in the kitchen. He sighed happily as he opened up a package of flour and poured it inside of the large bowl. Time for made blackforest for Sehun.

Jongin cracked some eggs and started to work his magic on the bowl.

I am making a cake... For my boyfriend...

Jongin let out a small chuckle as his cheeks were heated perfectly. He then poured sugars to the bowl while imagining Sehun's face infront of him. Sehun was indeed a nice person. He's funny, loves to throw jokes around. Jongin easily laughed whenever he's around Sehun.

Well except one...

Why did Sehun ask things about Taemin?

Jongin bit his lip as his brain played the record of previous day. Why did Sehun has to ask whether Taemin has a boyfriend or close to any boy...

Could it be...?

Jongin blinked away the fear that slowly clouded his heart. No, no. Sehun couldn't possibly happen to slowly falling for Taemin, right?

No way, no way.

But... Why not? Taemin's irresistable, right? Taemin is so much better than Jongin, right?

Jongin gulped as he felt his heart pounding again. The sharp stinging pain made him took a sharp breath.

No way. No way...

As Jongin tried to get rid of the bad feeling from his mind, light steps were heard from upside.

"You're outside? Okay, okay. I'm coming! Wait, wait."

Jongin stared at Taemin who was walking down the stair. His black converse made a loud voice through the house.

Jongin immediately hid his body in the kitchen. He glanced at Taemin who had his back on Jongin, making his way out of the house. He's going out. With some... Jongin didn't know. Maybe with his friends?

Yes, the popular friends of his.

Jongin sighed again. Talking about friend, he suddenly remembers Chanyeol. Jongin then took his phone and dialed Chanyeol's number. Jongin waited while continuing his work with the cake.

Beep...

Beep...

Beep...

Jongin frowned. Usually when he calls Chanyeol, the boy will answer it immediately. Even if he's falling asleep.

That's weird.

Jongin then tried to call it again. Failed again.

"Aish, this virus..." Jongin hissed while pressing the call button once again. "I don't care. I'll call him continuously. Even for 20 times!"

After some view more trial, Chanyeol finally picked up.

"Hmm..."

Jongin frowned when he heard the lazy sound answered. "Hei, happy virus! Are you sleeping?"

"...yes."

"Ah, I'm sorry. But I miss you! Let's meet up tonight! Nobody's home and I've been doing nothing but cook!"

"..."

There was a silent for some seconds as Chanyeol didn't reply Jongin's question.

"...chanyeol-ah?"

"...I'm... I'm busy Jongin-ah."

"E-eoh?" Jongin was taken a back. Chanyeol was rarely busy. "...b-busy with?"

"College's project. I have no time to go out."

Jongin flinched. Was it just his feeling or Chanyeol's voice did getting colder? "I see..."

"Hm."

Jongin heard some rusting and he was almost sure that Chanyeol was about to end the connection. "Chanyeol-ah!"

The rusting sound stopped for a while before Chanyeol's deep voice rang again in Jongin's ear.

"What?"

"N-no." Jongin suddenly felt nervous. Something was off with Chanyeol. "A-am I disturbing you, Chanyeol-ah?"

"..."

"I m-mean..."

"Kinda."

Jongin gulped immediately. He was hurt deeply at the flat words. "A-ah... Really? S-sorry..."

"Hm." Chanyeol hummed a flat response.

Jongin's expression turned sad. He slowly lowered his phone and staring at the screen. Chanyeol had disconnect the call, which was weird since Jongin was always the one who end it up first.

"Have I done something wrong?" Jongin wondered and sighed heavily.

And then.

The pain came again.

Jongin was sure he saw darkness for a split second before stumbled on the floor. Jongin let out a choked gasps as he clutched hard at his neck. He couldn't breathe! Jongin's other hand desperately clawed on the floor.

A second later his hand gave up and he fell to the floor.

What should he do? Taemin's outside. His dad's obviously in the office while his mom's out to meet his uncle in the hospital.

Jongin let out a desperate cry as he tried to slow down his raging breathe. His head started to pound so hard and he felt all his energy started to drained away from him.

All of sudden his phone vibrated and Jongin glanced at it. He desperately tried to keep his conciousness as he reached it out and without seeing who's the caller, he pressed the 'answer' button and placed the phone under his chin.

"Jongin-ah? Jongin-ah I..."

Jongin immediately recoqnized Chanyeol's deep husky voice. Well why did he call again? But Jongin couldn't think again. He gathered all his power to breathed out his words.

"Jongin-ah? Are you ok-"

"Hyung." Jongin called out. "H-hyung please help me..."

And then Jongin's fingers lost their energy. The phone slid down and fell with a loud thud on the floor. Jongin's eyes rolled to the back of his head as he felt the last breathe was knocked out of him before he lost his conciousness.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"How's Jongin?"

Sehun turned his head to Luhan before sighed. "Nothing's too special. He's kinda boring."

"I see." Luhan hummed. "But still, treat him good. Okay? He's innocent after all."

"Yeah, yeah." Sehun responded lazily. It was saturday, and Sehun felt too lazy to go out so he invited Luhan over instead.

"Your parents are not home?" Luhan asked when he noticed the unusually quiet house of Sehun. "I didn't see them when I climbed upstair just then."

"They were out for a reunion." Sehun answered lazily.

"So there's no food?"

"There's not." Sehun answered. "Should we order pizza?"

"Sure!" Luhan jumped excitedly. "The one with lots of cheese on it!"

"Roger." Sehun said while reached out his handphone. Right before his hand touched it, Luhan gasped.

"Hei, Sehun-ah! Look, Nichkhun hyung's instagram!"

Sehun dropped back his phone and reached Luhan's phone. He looked at the newest picture that Nichkhun, his senior posted.

It's the pictures of Taemin...

And the boy that he saw yesterday!

They were laughing while holding a cup of ddukbokki on their hand. They were standing so close to each other and it irritated Sehun. Especially the caption is : 'Look at who's having the hot date now! @taemin_kim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter