Chapter 35 - Accident

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Key didn't have any guts to see Taemin's face. He kept his eyes down on the floor. His whole body trembled as he clutched desperately on Onew's hand.

"Key." Taemin whispered his name out. The almond haired boy looked so shocked with Key's sudden appearance.

Onew gulped and smiled. "Key said he want to help solving this problem."

"Help?" Taemin immediately snapped. "What can he do to help? He will just worsen the situation!"

Key shut his eyes closed tightly as he snuggled closer to Onew. He had been Taemin's best friend for years but this was the first time Taemin raised his voice at him.

"H-he has his own w-way." Onew stuttered out. "C-Calm down, Taemin. Let Key explain everything."

"There's nothing to explain!" Taemin roarred. "If 'talk' that you meant before is talking to this kid, I don't want to do it. Go home, hyung."

"W-wait!" Onew extended his hand to grab Taemin's hand before the almond boy moved back into the house.

"Let go!" Taemin shouted and pushed Onew away. "I don't want to see that crap's face ever again!"

Key felt an arrow hit his heart hard, choking him with pain. He knew he deserved every single treatment Taemin just show him. He had prepared himself for all the curses and harsh words Taemin would tell him before, but it felt so different in the real life.

"Please listen to Key first, Taemin." Onew pleaded, still not letting go of Taemin.

"No!" Taemin said sternly. "I'm not hearing any bull that come out from him anymore! Now go and leave me alone!"

Key's tears spilled out of his eyes. His legs went weak like a jelly and he lost his balance. He fell on his knees with a loud thud and gained attention from the other two.

Taemin and Onew immediately stopped fighting and froze when they saw Key had kneeling on the floor.

"Taemin-ah, I'm sorry." Key let out a pathethic whimper. "I'm really really sorry... I knew I had done w-wrong... But please give a chance to fix what I've done. I-, I promise I would makeup ev-everything with Jongin. P-please give me a chance."

Taemin almost felt sorry toward the kneeling boy but his brain immediately shout another words

. "I don't believe you." Taemin shook his head. "You lied to me, Key. You had lied to me too many times."

, it hurts.

Taemin's words hurt Key's feeling so much. Like a super sharp knife stabbing his heart.

Onew couldn't do anything. No matter how much he wanted to defend his boyfriend, Key had warned him to stay out from this problem as far as he could. Key also didn't want Onew to defend him and made Taemin even angrier.

"I'm sorry..." Key whispered as he clutched the floor desperately. "I know I was such a jerk... I'm sorry..."

"You are!" Taemin shouted as fresh tears flew down from his eyes. "Do you know what you have done? You have ruined me! You have ruined my family! You have ruined everything, Kim Kibum! EVERYTHING!"

Key cried harder as more and more guilt ate him alive. He knew exactly what was happening. He had planned to make Taemin living hell before, but now he regretted it. All of it.

"Aren't you sattisfied with my condition now? HUH?" Taemin started to sob hysterically. "Jongin is angry with me! Minho is angry with me! All the people in the college are talking about me! ISN'T THIS WHAT YOU WANT, KEY???"

Key let out a loud sob and shook his head. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."

Taemin was really angry. He really wanted to just choke this boy infront of him tightly. He wanted to kill this boy. He hated Key so much for making his life miserable like this.

But he couldn't.

Key was his bestfriend.

Key helped him a lot back then. Key was the one who accompanied him studying in the library until it got late, the one who gave relationship advices, the one who understand Taemin deep to his bones...

Taemin then fell to floor, right infront of Key.

"Why are you doing this to me, Key-ah?" Taemin asked in a shaky tone. His tears kept on flowing out from his eyes.

"I'm sorry..." Key sobbed out without lifting his head to meet Taemin's eyes.

"Then... H-how you gonna fix everything?" Taemin asked. "I don't think there's nothing left to be fixed! It's all broken! Permanent!"

Key bit his lower lip. "B-by... By the record..."

Taemin stopped his cry for a while. "What record?"

"The record that I played back then..." Key explained with all the courage he had. "... I'll replay it infront of Jongin."

Taemin's mouth hung open wide. "W-what? Are you crazy? What do you mean by replaying it? Huh???"

"T-that record," Key quickly explained before Taemin exploded again. "W-wasn't finished yet."

Taemin knitted both of his eyebrows deeply. "What?"

"T-the record..." Key explained again. "Di-didn't end there. There was more."

Taemin still couldn't get what Key was saying.

Key took out his phone out from his pocket. With trembling fingers he gave it to Taemin.

Taemin stared at the record then to Key's face. He still couldn't believe Key. After everything the cat-eye boy had done, Taemin had completely lost all of his trust toward him.

"Take it." Key pleaded with sad face. He knew Taemin still couldn't believe every single thing that he did. He had prepared himself for it. "Please."

Taemin finally took the phone hesitatedly. His eyes shifted from Key's face to the phone's screen and slowly his finger touched the play button.

And the record started to play.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Three days had passed since then. Like a dejavu, Jongin and Chanyeol had already sitting again on the airplane. Sadly this time it headed back to Korea, not to a place Jongin had never been anymore.

"It's over..." Jongin pouted when the airplane finally landed on the airport.

"Hey, cheer up." Chanyeol smiled as he patted the other boy.

"I don't want to go back to Korea..." Jongin whined. He looked outside of the window with sad face. "I want to stay in Japan forever..."

Chanyeol sighed and smiled. He pull Jongin to his embrace. "Don't be sad, another adventure is waiting for you. Starting from tomorrow you will be working in Minah's bakery, right?"

Jongin's face lit up a little when he was once again reminded by the fact that he could started to spend his time in the pantry soon.

"Let's go down and head back to the apartment." Chanyeol smiled while standing up from his seat.

Jongin followed the other boy from behind with a sad face. Those two took care of their belongings in the airport and then continued to catch the taxi. The drive to Chanyeol's apartment was like a torture for Jongin. He didn't want to go home yet the taxi moved so fast and in a 45 minutes, it had stopped.

"Tomorrow you have to go checking up your condition to doctor Siwon." Chanyeol said. "He has texted me this morning."

Jongin groaned as he pull his luggage roughly toward the lift. "Hospital again?"

"You've been spending free 5 days without doctor Siwon. Of course he miss you." Chanyeol chuckled as he lifted Jongin's big totoro doll on his right shoulder.

"Ha,ha,ha." Jongin laughed humourlessly as he entered the lift and punched Chanyeol's apartment floor. "Very funny. I miss him so much too."

Chanyeol helped Jongin to bring the extra luggage filled with souvenirs from Japan.

"You even bought a totoro doll." Chanyeol laughed. "Are you planning on to sleep with that Totoro tonight? Because my bed doesn't have more space for a big round fluffy totoro."

"I will sleep on the top of him." Jongin replied confidently. "He will fit it. For sure."

"That Totoro will take our places. He's even bigger than you." Chanyeol laughed as he pointed at the totoro on his right shoulder.

"Don't care~ my totoro is more precious than our body."

"Yaakk!" Chanyeol laughed as he pull Jongin closer to tickle him.

Ding.

Jongin squealed and laughed when Chanyeol's fingers attacked his ribs.

"Aw! Stop it! Hahahaha!"

The lift door opened and Jongin ended up tickled Chanyeol again as a revenge.

"Aw!" Chanyeol shouted and Jongin ran out from the lift while laughing.

Until he met a pair of eyes stared back at him. Jongin widened his eyes when he saw the boy infront of him.

"S-sehun?"

Sehun stared at Jongin emotionlessly. His eyes were lifeless and empty that it freaked Jongin out.

"Are you having fun?" Sehun asked with a raspy voice.

Jongin winced at the question. He didn't immediately answer Sehun. He just stared at Sehun with his round big eyes.

Chanyeol hurriedly approached the two and stood behind Jongin. "Sehun..."

Sehun's eyes shifted back to Chanyeol. The two exchanged glances for a while before finally Sehun opened his mouth.

"Can I talk to Jongin in private?"

Chanyeol stole a glance at the hesitating Jongin before turned to face Sehun. "Okay. But no touching, no violence."

Sehun gritted his teeth as anger washed him off. Who was this kid, pretending like he's Jongin's protector? What was that question?

Chanyeol took Sehun's silent as an answer and entered his apartment's room. He hurriedly put down the big totoro on the bed and peeked over to watch those two.

"He's really becoming your guard dog, huh?" Sehun mocked.

Jongin bit his lower lip. "What do you want?"

Sehun pressed his lip into a thin line and gritted his teeth. "I'm coming here for a clear explanation."

Jongin winced when he heard Sehun's stern voice.

"You don't love me anymore, do you?" Sehun asked.

Jongin widened his eyes in surprise. "Eh?"

"I'm waiting for you for days, Jongin. For days." Sehun's voice came out shaky. "And you left with that boy just like that. You don't even try to-, to maintain our relationship. Y-you, you just left..."

Jongin widened his eyes when a tear rolled down from Sehun's eye.

"I'm not that important for you, aren't I? I'm so hurting by the fact." Sehun said, ignoring his breath that got heavier and heavier each second. "I'm so pathetic, waiting for your answer and keep on calling you. I feel so stupid that I'm the only one that fight hard here..."

Jongin felt his lungs burnt when he heard the broken words. "S-sehun..."

"Why don't you fight for me too? Am I not important for you anymore?" Sehun asked with a broken expression.

"Sehun... It's not like that..." Jongin shook his head.

"Then what?" Sehun snapped with tears on his eyes. "You don't even want to listen to me anymore! I just want to explain everything and you just run away with that bastard!"

"Sehun!" Jongin gasped. "Calm down, Chanyeol is not a bastard!"

"He is! He's a bastard that want to steal you away from me!" Sehun said with flame glaring on his eyes.

"He's not trying to steal me away!" Jongin also raised his voice.

Chanyeol had been his best friend since he was little and if somebody insulted his best friend that way, he couldn't help but got angry.

"Not trying to steal you away?" Sehun took a step closer and grabbed the whole of Jongin's wrists. "He is clearly likes you! I know he likes you!"

"Sehun, let go!" Jongin whimpered when Sehun pull him even closer to Sehun.

"You know that he likes you, right? You know it, right?" Sehun shook Jongin's wrists. "Then why are you ing go to Japan with him? Huh?"

"S-sehun, it hurts!" Jongin whimpered when he felt Sehun's nails digging onto his skin.

Chanyeol's apartment door being opened and the ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter