Chapter 33 - Tension

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1. Become a baker.

 

Jongin stared at the paper infront of him. He shifted his head to left, examining the first point he had written there. He pouted his lips as he recalled everything that he wanted to do in his head.

Jongin's hand that was holding the pen moved and stratched the paper infront of him. Sound of water droplets filled the private onsen that Jongin was bathing at.

2. Exploring the world.

 

 

The pen moved again on the paper, creating more words there.

 

 

3. Get married in French.

4. Living with my loved ones.

5. See a rainbow.

 

Jongin moved back his pen and blinked. See a rainbow? What was he writing? None of his wish seems possible! Well, to see a rainbow is one of his wish indeed. Seoul is a crowded city and he really want to see a rainbow even just once in his life but...

The tanned boy slowly laid his pen and paper on the floor and moved further deep to the onsen.

"What I want to do, hmm..." Jongin hummed while closing his eyes and drowning his body to the onsen. "There's a lot... But I don't know if I could do them all."

Jongin sighed and lowered his body even more inside of the hot water. He opened his eyes a second later and stared at the view from his onsen.

Magnificient.

Chanyeol's choice of hotel is superb. The one with the most extra-ordinary view Jongin had ever seen. It was built on the top of the mountain and in the night-time Jongin could see stars on the sky, shining so bright it looked unreal.

Jongin stared at the dark blue sky. Even though he had spent a full day in Japan, he still couldn't believe that he finally landed his feet on his dream country. Jongin recalled the day he had just passed. New place, good foods, nice weather, friendly people... It's almost perfect for Jongin.

Almost.

You know what's missing?

Family and love.

Jongin gulped down forcefully when Sehun's face flashed through his mind. It was a lie if Jongin told people that he didn't miss Sehun. Heck, he missed that blonde-haired boy so much. Jongin secretly keep think about Sehun all day in Japan. He couldn't let go the image of Oh Sehun. His beautiful Oh Sehun.

Jongin turned his head to the left out of the onsen, glanced at his phone which was placed neatly on the desk. There was no call neither message from anyone. Well, he changed his number. There's no way people could contact him. Jongin's eyebrows twitched when he was suddenly overwhelmed by the urge to just grab the phone and call Sehun, telling the other that Jongin missed him like crazy and that Jongin wanted him back.

No, forget it. It made Jongin sounded so desperate.

"He doesn't want me, he doesn't want me, he doesn't want me..." Jongin whispered to himself, eyes closed tightly to shooe away the feeling that he had.

Jongin stayed unmoving in his spot for a few seconds before finally opening his eyes and shifted them toward the sky.

"You are just playing with me, right? Sehun?"

Jongin's own heart throbbed when that words slipped out of his mouth. Sehun's face once again flashed on Jongin's mind. Sehun was so desperate and pathetic that time, pleaded for some seconds to explain everything. Jongin bit his lower lip. Jongin was dying to hear the explanation Sehun wanted to say and he was already at the edge of hearing them when Sehun suddenly attacked Chanyeol. Sehun shouldn't have attacked Chanyeol. It wasn't Chanyeol's fault at all! Chanyeol was just trying to cheer him u-

Wait...

Chanyeol...

Chanyeol's face then popped out on Jongin's mind, replacing Sehun's face.

"I, Park Chanyeol..., ...has been loving you, Kim Jongin, since we were in highschool."

"I was a coward... Who didn't have any guts to confess to you, afraid that you would avoid me if I did. I was a coward... Who didn't have any guts to confess to you, afraid that you would avoid me if I did."

Jongin felt his cheeks reddened when he remembered Chanyeol's confession back then.

"Chanyeol-ah... Are you just saying that so I want to get operated?" Jongin whispered to himself as he played with the hot water.

Maybe Chanyeol just wanted Jongin to believe that his life was worth to be fighting for. Maybe Chanyeol just did his responsibility as Jongin's best friend. Or maybe Chanyeol really liked Jongin?

Jongin felt his head pounded at each expectation.

"I have to talk to Chanyeol..."

Jongin decided at the end and raised himself from the hot onsen. The tanned boy wrapped himself in a kimono and walked out of the private onsen and headed back to the bedroom.

He had to listen to Chanyeol's explanation.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Chanyeol was sitting on the bed when Jongin entered the room. The giant boy was lying on his side while watching the television.

"Hei, Jongin." Chanyeol called out. "Do you want to watch Japanese's show?"

Jongin turned his head toward the television to see a bunch of girls were sitting on the stage.

"They are AKB48." Chanyeol explained. "A group with 48 members."

"Fourty-," Jongin gasped. "That's a lot."

Chanyeol chuckled and stretched his body. "So... Should we go to sleep? Tomorrow will be a long day for us."

Jongin blinked and nervously fiddled with his fingers. He wanted to ask Chanyeol about his confession but once he finally stand up infront of the giant, he immediately lost his words.

"Jongin?" Chanyeol called out when he received no answer from Jongin.

"O-oh?" Jongin widened his eyes. "S-sleep? Yes, o-of course."

Chanyeol watched as Jongin awkwardly made his way toward the Japanese traditional futon on the floor.

"I think the hotel's owner has mistaken us as lovers." Chanyeol said slowly while stratching the back of his head. "She gave us a couple bed. You don't mind, do you?"

Jongin immediately shook his head and smiled. "I-, I don't mind! Let's-, let's just go to sleep."

Chanyeol caught something weird from Jongin's tone and decided to kept his eyes fixed on Jongin for a while.

Jongin sat on the futon and awkwardly sat on that without really knowing what to do.

"Jongin-ah?"

Jongin turned his head toward Chanyeol in surprise. "Y-yes?"

"You seems off. Something's wrong?"

"Oh... N-no." Jongin shook his head. "It- it just..."

Chanyeol waited as Jongin tried hard to tell him what had happened.

"It..." Jongin bit his lower lip, took a deep breath and laughed. "Aniyeo... I just wonder... Where we gonna go tomorrow. I'm... I'm so excited, hehehe."

Chanyeol frowned.

"It's- it's getting really late!" Jongin said while pointing out at the dark sky outside. "Let's just go to sleep and wake up early tomorrow! Okay?"

Chanyeol blinked when Jongin smiled brightly at him before slowly nodded. "Okay..."

"Okay! Good night!" Jongin said while slipped out onto his futon. He laid his head and snuggled to search for a comfortable position.

Chanyeol slowly laid his body beside his best friend, eyebrows still furrowed. He could sense that something was bothering Jongin but the other wouldn't answer him no matter what.

Chanyeol turned to his side to see Jongin's back. He stared at the small and fragile looking shoulders.

Could he touch them? Could he pull Jongin close to his embrace? Could he make Jongin his even just for a night?

Chanyeol didn't tear his gaze away from Jongin even after some minutes passed. He kept locking his eyes on Jongin, examined how the other would shifted a little from his position.

Chanyeol had lost the track of time.

It must have been passed 5 minutes...

10 minutes...

15 minutes...

20 minutes...

30 minutes...

Chanyeol glanced at the big clock that hung above their futon.

30 minutes had passed.

Chanyeol watched as Jongin had stopped fidgetting around. The other boy had fallen to the deep slumber. The giant stared at Jongin's body, from his shoulders to his legs.

Oh, how he love this kid from the top of his head to the bottom of his leg.

Chanyeol shifted closer to Jongin and casually extended his hand to pull Jongin into his embrace.

Jongin let out a small noise when he was being pulled gently backward but didn't wake up. He had been so tired this day and nothing could tear him away from his dream.

Chanyeol's hand slowly making it way toward Jongin's head and rested it on the silky black hair.

Soft.

Chanyeol bit his lower lip when a sudden feeling

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter