Chapter 37 - Dying.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Appa!"

A man in his late twenties turned his head to find two kids were running toward his direction.

"I want an ice cream!" A twin with white fair skin said in excitement.

"Of course!" A man, who turned out to be the young Mr. Kim answered. "What flavor do you want, Taeminnie?"

"Vanilla!" Taemin answered happily.

"Vanilla." Mr. Kim repeated. "What about you, Jongin?"

Another kid with the similiar face that resembles the other kid turned toward his dad.

"Chocolate..." The small thick lips moved a little cautiously.

"Vanilla and chocolate!" Mr. Kim repeated. "Come on, follow daddy."

They bought ice creams from a nice old lady in the park. The two kids immediately demolished all the ice creams happily.

"Yum!" Taemin smiled so brightly while eating all of the ice cream.

Mr. Kim smiled at his oldest son's reaction and turned his head to see the younger twin's face. "Jongin, you like your ice cream?"

Jongin raised his head from the half eaten ice cream and nodded. "Appa, can you squat down?"

Mr. Kim's eyebrows twitched and he immediately squatted down. "Yes? What's the matter?"

Jongin immediately took a step forward and landed a kiss on his dad's left cheek.

Mr. Kim widened his eyes.

Jongin pulled away and smiled so sweetly. "I love you, daddy."

 

 

 

 

"Honey?"

Mr. Kim almost jumped on his seat when Mrs. Kim's came out from the ouside. He immediately released the family frame he was holding and put it back on the night table.

Mrs. Kim entered the room. "Can you take Woobin to the hospital today? His wife can't take him there since there's a meeting on the company."

Mr. Kim nodded before standing up and awkwardly walked away.

Mrs. Kim stared at her husband's back and stole a glance at the frame on the night table. She knew her husband had been looking at the frame.

She knew that her husband also missed Jongin.

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

Jongin opened the door of Sehun's patient room and found Taemin was leaning against the wall. Sehun's parents had arrived and Jongin moved out to let them have a 'family talk' with Sehun.

Taemin straightened his body when he realized Jongin's existence beside him. The almond haired boy awkwardly stared back into his little brother's eyes. "H-how's Sehun?"

"He... He is fine..." Jongin said slowly. "W-where's Chanyeol?"

"Urm..." Taemin felt a slight sting on his heart. He had been waiting for almost an hour and the only person Jongin looked for was Chanyeol. "H-he is downstair... Having a coffee."

Jongin nodded awkwardly and turned toward Luhan who busily ushered both of Sehun's parents inside. Both him and Taemin fell into a silence. It was awkward. Silence between them used to be comforting, each focusing on their own work but their mind kept on connected as if sending each other a telepation. They didn't know since when the telepation dissapearred.

"Mom and dad..." Jongin started again. "...they must be looking for you. It's almost 9 PM."

Taemin felt his whole body tensed when Jongin started to talk about the family's matter.

"..." Taemin bit his lower lip hard, didn't really know how to answer.

"They are still angry with me. Aren't they?" Jongin asked again carefully.

Taemin's eyes dulled but smiled anyway. "They aren't."

Jongin let out a bitter chuckle. "Don't say that to make me feel better, hyung. It's not working."

Taemin's hands clenched into fists and tears swelled on his eyes. "Jongin-ah..."

Jongin blinked as he watched how Taemin fought hard to hold his tears. Somehow it made him torn inside as well.

"I-is it true... About you... H-hate me?"

Jongin widened his eyes in shock. "What? Hate? I-, I don't... - I don't hate you, hyung!"

"I'm sorry..." Taemin sobbed out loudly. "For making you... Feel that way..."

Jongin bit his trembling lower lip when crystal tears running down Taemin's pale face.

"I can't live without you..." Taemin cried. "Please... Please comeback home, please..."

Jongin shook his head. "I can't..."

"Mom and dad want you! We want you back!" Taemin pleaded desperately.

Jongin shook his head again. "No. There's no way dad would want me back. I know him so well. In his life, he just wants you. I know he had never wanted me to even exist."

"Jongin, please don't say that!" Taemin cried out. Jongin kept on shaking his head.

"I don't want to comeback, Taemin! I also want to live!"

Taemin's lips trembling hard when he heard the pathetic request from Jongin.

"My life..." Jongin took a deep breath. "...isn't that long anymore, Taemin-ah..."

Taemin's eyes widened. "You can't say that!"

"No, I'm telling the truth." Jongin whispered.

"Don't say stupid things, Kim Jongin!"

"I have a heart disease." Jongin said bluntly.

Taemin froze when he heard that. Those brown orbs widened in shock. He repeated the words Jongin had said slowly in shock. "W-what? H-heart disease?"

"Yes! I have a heart disease!" Jongin almost shouted at the end. "I am dying! I also want to live! I also want to chase my dreams! I don't want to be trapped in the house forever!"

Taemin felt his knees went weak like jelly. His brain immediately clouded with thoughts. The images of his uncle being operated numerous times, unable to do things like before...

"No..." Taemin whispered out faintly. "No... It can't be..."

Jongin took a deep breathe and nodded his head. "I'm not coming back home. Not before I am abl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter