Chapter 44 - Suicide

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin opened his eyes slowly. Bright light hit his eyes right away, making him winced. He shut his eyes back tightly and groaned.

"Ah..."

"Jongin!"

Jongin re-opened his eyes at the voice he recoqnized the most.

Sehun's voice.

He blinked twice, tried to get rid of the bluriness on his eyes to finally see the clear view of Sehun.

"Jongin-ah? How do you feel?" Sehun asked while putting both of his hands on Jongin's cheeks.

"S-sehun...?" Jongin whimpered as he looked around. "W-where am I?"

"Hospital." Sehun replied while putting his hand on Jongin's forehead, brushing the other's bangs away from his face. "You have fainted for two days."

"W-what?" Jongin widened his eyes. "H-how-,"

Jongin's words trailed off when his brain started to replaying everything that happened two days ago. The tanned boy gasped in shock and immediately pulled his body to a sitting position.

"MYUNGSOO!!!!"

"Don't move too much!" Sehun shouted as he held Jongin's body on his place. "You are just get healed!"

"B-but... B-but... Myu-myungsoo..." Jongin stuttered as he pointed at the door.

Sehun just looked down when his boyfriend mentioned Myungsoo's name. He tidied Jongin's blanket without replying Jongin's question.

"Sehun?" Jongin asked, face painted with pure terror. "W-where's Myungsoo?"

Sehun gulped down, didn't know what to say.

"He's alive right?" Jongin started to sound desperate. "H-he's still alive right?"

Sehun looked away. Jongin felt a heavy rock just landed right on the top of his head.

"H-he's..." Jongin's lips trembling wildly. "G-gone?"

Sehun finally turned and met Jongin's eyes. "I'm sorry, Jongin-ah..."

Jongin stared at Sehun in puzzled look.

One second...

Two second...

"NOOOOOO!" Jongin shouted and immediately hopped out of the bed.

"JONGIN!" Sehun was shocked with his boyfriend's sudden movement and immediately grabbed his arms. "Don't!"

"I have to go to see Myungsoo!" Jongin struggled on Sehun's hold.

"Don't! Jongin-ah please! You are not fully healed yet!"

Jongin squirmed desperately, accidentally pulling his left hand too hard that the needle on his hand tore, leaving blood trickled out from his vein.

"Jongin!" Sehun panicked and tightened his hold, leaving Jongin helplessly wriggled out.

A second after, nurses ran inside and hold Jongin's hands, forcing him back to his bed.

"DON'T! I HAVE TO GO TO MYUNGSOO!!!" Jongin shouted hysterically.

"Get the sleeping shot!" One of the nurse commanded her friend.

Sehun stared eye wide at the squirming Jongin. He watched as one of the nurse came back with the needle, gently inserted it on Jongin's hand and shot the sleeping liquid right to the tanned male's vein.

Jongin kept on squirming and screaming, but slowly becoming weaker and weaker as the seconds passed. Soon enough, the boy slowly lost his power.

The nurses one by one released their hold on Jongin, slowly pulled away.

Sehun watched as Jongin stared blankly at the wall with tears rolled down his face.

"Myungsoo..." Jongin whispered.

Sehun closed his eyes and exhaled a shaky breath. He approached his boyfriend and hugged him gently.

"H-has... Myungsoo... Really gone...?" Jongin asked in whisper.

Sehun didn't reply. He just hugged the frail body of his boyfriend tighter and nodded his head.

Jongin felt his heart crushed into million pieces and he started to sob.

Little by little, the sobs turned into the cry.

Jongin cried out loud in Sehun's embrace, eyes shut tightly and face all red.

He's sad. He's heart-broken. He had lost someone that's so special in his life.

"Why?" Jongin cried out. "Why? Why? Why?"

Sehun buried his face on Jongin's crook, also could feel what his boyfriend was feeling.

"He's still so young, Sehun-ah..." Jongin cried. "Still so so young..."

"I know, I know..." Sehun whispered soothingly and rubbed Jongin's head lovingly. "I know..."

Jongin slowly raised both of his weak arms and circled it onto Sehun's neck.

He cried there for a long time before finally dozing off back to sleep.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Chanyeol climbed the stairs of the apartment infront of him in a hurry. After great hard work of searching Sunggyu's apartment address, he finally found it. Sunggyu had been missing since the day of Myungsoo's death. Just after crying all his heart and eyes out in the hospital, Sunggyu stayed one more day beside Myungsoo's body and then walked home without Chanyeol's knowing the day after. Right after Chanyeol finished his written exam, he went to school only to discovered that the boy had gone.

Chanyeol had been trying to call him afterwards but he got no response. Chanyeol panicked and kept running here and there the whole day before finally discovered Sunggyu's apartment address after much begging from the nurse in the hospital.

Chanyeol rushed toward the apartment's room with number 268 which turned out to be Sunggyu's apartment and knocked it.

"Sunggyu-ssi? Sunggyu-ssi? Kim Sunggyu?"

There was no reply from the other and Chanyeol knocked even harder.

"Sunggyu-ssi, it's me Chanyeol! Please open the door!"

Still got no response, Chanyeol ended up picking his phone and called Sunggyu's number once again.

There was no answer.

Chanyeol sighed. With left hand on the phone and right hand knocking the door, he started to shout more.

"Sunggyu-ssi? Sunggyu-ssi? Kim Sunggyu?"

Chanyeol stopped after he slowly got tired. Negative thinking rushed through his mind.

What if Sunggyu fainted? He was sure Sunggyu hadn't eaten anything since yesterday.

Or...

What if Sunggyu...

. No, no.

"Hei, Kim Sunggyu!" Chanyeol started to bang even louder. "Don't joke around and please open the door for me!"

There was nobody who replied his shouts but Chanyeol didn't give up and kept on banging the door. He only stopped when a girl on her twenties came out from the room beside Sunggyu's.

If Chanyeol wasn't in such a great panic, he would definitely froze to see the girl. The girl was holding two pieces of cucumbers on her left hand. Her right hand was the one holding the door's knob. Her whole face unless eyes and mouth was covered with dark clay mask. She tied her hair into high bun, earphone hung low on her ears.

"Ahjussi, I don't know who you are, but can you please don't shout too loudly?" The girl hissed. "I'm trying to enjoy my me-time here."

Chanyeol immediately pointed at Sunggyu's room. "The guy who lives here, has he comeback?"

"He hasn't comeback here for days already." The girl replied.

"R-really?" Chanyeol widened his eyes.

"Of course. This apartment's wall was so thin that we could hear our neighbor's voice well. I don't hear any voice from this room since yesterday." The girl replied and then pointed at Sunggyu's apartment. "Besides, his lamp was off."

Chanyeol followed the girl's finger and cursed lightly. He turned his head and bowed.

"Okay, then."

Chanyeol immediately ran downstair after he said that.

The girl just raised her eyebrows high, shrugged and entered back her room.

Chanyeol sighed in frustration. "Kim Sunggyu, where are you?"

The tall boy massaged his temple and looked around.

Where else should he go?

Chanyeol tried to remember the possible places Sunggyu went to, but he ended up getting even dizzy.

"Ah... How can I know that, we are not even close to each other." Chanyeol hissed.

Chanyeol ended up walking without clear direction. His upcoming exam was long forgotten as the only name that filled his head was Sunggyu.

"Where is he now?" Chanyeol sighed and held his head. "Ah... This is so frustrating..."

Chanyeol didn't know why he was doing this. He wasn't even close to Sunggyu. They just met four times and yet Chanyeol was acting like this. Chanyeol couldn't deny, but there was something inside of Sunggyu which made his protective side growing. The same protective feeling he had toward Jongin back then, but this time it was even stronger.

After pacing around in confusion, Chanyeol widened his eyes when he caught the familiar figure which was standing on the top of the bridge from far.

Sunggyu!

Chanyeol hurriedly ran approaching to take a better view from the back.

Yes it was indeed Sunggyu!

Sunggyu was staring at the river underneath the bridge with blank stare. He didn't do anything at all. Just stare in silence.

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows.

Would he...

Wouldn't he...

Chanyeol gulped forcefully.

Was the other planning to jump?

It can't happen!

Chanyeol ran toward Sunggyu in a lightning speed. He arrived on the other's back with a loud noise, making Sunggyu startled and turned to look at him.

"S-sunggyu-ssi!" Chanyeol panted heavily.

"E-eh..." Sunggyu widened his eyes and turned his body fully to see Chanyeol. His back was pressed onto the edge of the bridge.

"D-don't move! You can fall anytime!" Chanyeol extended his hands.

Sunggyu just stared at Chanyeol with a bewildered expression.

"Sunggyu-ssi!" Chanyeol extended his hand toward Sunggyu even more. "Hold my hand. Don't stand there, it's dangerous!"

Sunggyu still stared at Chanyeol for a few seconds before his expression turned cold. "What are you doing here, Chanyeol-ssi?"

"I'm looking for you!" Chanyeol replied. "Come on, Sunggyu-ssi. It's scary to see you standing so close to the edge!"

"Why are you looking for me?" Sunggyu replied, stubbornly stayed on his place.

"I'm worried about you." Chanyeol said. "Come on, let's go back to your apartment."

"Why are you worrying me?" Sunggyu replied again. "You don't have to worry about me. Go back to your own home, Chanyeol-ssi."

"No. I'm taking you with me." Chanyeol insisted. "Come on, Sunggyu-ssi. Isn't that terrifying to stand there?"

Sunggyu glanced at the heavy flow of the river emotionlessly before raised his head and stared at Chanyeol. "No. It's not scary at all."

"Come on, Sunggyu-ssi." Chanyeol pleaded. "Come here. Don't scare me."

"Go away, Chanyeol-ssi." Sunggyu started to look irritated. "I'm not scared with this kind of thing. I even look forward it."

Chanyeol widened his eyes and gasped in horror. "Sunggyu-ssi!"

"Go." Sunggyu commanded coldly. "Leave me alone."

"No!" Chanyeol shook his head. "You have to come with me, Sunggyu-ssi. This is not right!"

"What is not right?" Sunggyu suddenly shouted. "This is right! What I am doing now is right! Everything has been wrong! This is the right one!"

"Sunggyu-ssi, please don't play around!" Chanyeol looked even more and more terrified.

Sunggyu inhaled deeply and closed his eyes. He turned his back on Chanyeol.

"Sunggyu-ssi!" Chanyeol

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter