Chapter 42 - Acceptance

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"KIM JONGIN!!!"

Jongin turned his head to the right and widened his eyes when he saw a thin boy was running toward him. "K-kyungsoo!"

"What the !" Kyungsoo roarred once he arrived infront of Jongin. "Where have you been, silly? You have disappearred for almost two weeks!"

"I'm sorry!" Jongin grinned. "I'm away for a while. To... Take care of some things..."

"Why your phone is ing off all the time, huh?" Kyungsoo jabbed his finger on Jongin's chest. "I've been calling them for million times!"

"I-, I changed my number." Jongin groggily replied.

"And where have you actually been? I went to your home TWICE last week and nobody's there!"

"I..." Jongin bit his lower lip. "I went to Japan..."

"What the f-," Kyungsoo widened his eyes even more. "Y-you? Are you dreaming?"

"No. Seriously. I went to Japan and just got back here two days ago."

"Eh???" Kyungsoo screamed in disbelief, stunned for a second before slapping Jongin's arm. "You don't know how much I'm worrying you? Huh? Huh?"

"S-sorry..." Jongin winced. "I'm sorry Kyungsoo-ah!"

"This little rascal..." Kyungsoo hissed. "You... Ah, seriously!"

Jongin bowed his head. "M-mianhae..."

"Aishh..." Kyungsoo stratched his head. "I was worried sick you know? I thought... I thought something happened to you after... After that time..."

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo for a while, studying the other's face.

Kyungsoo did looked so worried. Jongin felt sorry toward the small boy.

"Mian..."

Kyungsoo huffed again and didn't tear his eyes away from Jongin at all. "Ah, what should I do. You are... Seriously... Are you coming here for exam?"

Jongin shook his head. "No..."

"Huh?" Kyungsoo widened his eyes. "You gonna skip the exams?"

"Yes..." Jongin stratched the back of his head. "I'm thinking of quitting college."

It took more than three seconds for Kyungsoo to registered what his friend just said before shouted.

"WHAT?"

Jongin was taken a back with Kyungsoo's sudden loud voice. He looked around to see whether people took their interest on them...

And well yeah some did. Jongin's been a hot topic in the college anyway.

"Q-quit! A-are you even sure with your choice?" Kyungsoo stuttered. "Think about it, Jongin! You have spent a semester here!"

"Just one semester." Jongin shrugged his shoulders. "This is not the major I want to learn, Kyungsoo-ah. Seriously. If I have to spend another semester here, I'll die for sure."

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin with an opened mouth. "B-but... W-what will you do after this?"

"I'm signing up to a pastry school." Jongin explained. "Don't worry! I will bring you lots of cakes later!"

"Y-you bake?" Kyungsoo gasped. "I don't know that you can bake a cake!"

"I... Err..." Jongin grinned shyly. "I'm too shy to bake one for you. I'm afraid you wouldn't like it..."

"Well, that's rude." Kyungsoo huffed. "And I thought we were friends."

"We are!" Jongin cut in. "I will bake one for you! For sure!"

"Okay, call." Kyungsoo replied the grin. "So... Are your parents agree with this?"

"Yes." Jongin nodded his head.

"Good. What school are you signing up to?"

"Err... Le Cordon bleu..."

"You don't say..." Kyungsoo gasped. "That international cooking school? Wow. That school is no joke, Jongin-ah!"

"I know." Jongin grinned. "But I haven't signed up to that school yet. Maybe I'll do it later on the next semester."

"Why not now?" Kyungsoo frowned. "I thought that school would receive new students even when this is not the freshmen year."

"That..." Jongin trailed off.

That's because I don't know whether I would get the heart donation or not. I don't know whether I would die or stay alive until next year.

"...urm... I want to take a part time job first before enrolling to the school." Jongin faked a smile.

Kyungsoo nodded his head and stared at Jongin. His hands that shot up, grabbed Jongin's cheeks and pulled Jongin's face toward him.

"I'm so worried, stupid." Kyungsoo whispered. "How's everything? How's your relationship with Seh-, ah that bastard. Don't be sad, he doesn't deserve you Jongin-ah. That bastard is seriously... Tsk. I knew something was up when he confessed to you last time. I didn't know it woul-"

Kyungsoo's words cut off as a hand circled around Jongin's neck from behind. A soft kiss landed on the tanned boy's left temple and it surprised him.

"Have you gone to the administration office?" A soft voice echoed through Jongin's ears and he immediately turned his head to see who's behind him.

Sehun!

"Not yet, I'm just about to." Jongin replied sweetly that made Kyungsoo's jaw dropped.

"Will you be waiting for me? Let's go out once the exam ended." Sehun said again.

"Only if you could finish all of it in 1 hour." Jongin smiled.

"One hour?" Sehun pulled away from Jongin. "A piece of cake."

Kyungsoo still watched the magnificient view infront of him in daze.

Oh, those two had made up?

When?

"I'll be going then." Sehun said and landed another kiss on Jongin's head. "See you in one hour!"

Jongin smiled and waved his hand as he watched Sehun walked away from him.

"Okay?" Kyungsoo turned and glared at Jongin. "What's going on?"

"Well..." Jongin played with his fingers. "Last time... Last time it was an accident..."

"Accident?" Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. "What accident?"

"Misscomunication." Jongin explained again. "Well... It's gonna be a long story, but shouldn't you be in a class now?"

"Well I can have a minute more." Kyungsoo insisted. "Just tell me what hap-,"

"Kyunggie~ come on, we are late!"

Jongin and Kyungsoo turned their head toward the source of the sweet voice from their behind.

Byun Baekhyun was waving with big smile on his face.

"K-kyu-kyunggie?" Jongin replayed Baekhyun's words, totally mesmerized with how Kyungsoo turned into deep shade of red.

"I-, w-we have to meet up soon! You own me explanations! G-give me your phone!"

Jongin handed his phone wordlessly, eyes still stared at Baekhyun who was standing not really far from them, patiently waited for Kyungsoo.

Jongin then peeked at Kyungsoo who was typing numbers in Jongin's phone as fast as the lighting.

"Well, I guess you also owe me some explanations too later on." Jongin said and slowly turned into a smirk. "Since when do you guys... Calling each other with baby's na-"

"See you tomorrow!" Kyungsoo gave Jongin's phone back and immediately ran away from Jongin.

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo and Baekhyun's back with a playful smirk before turned his body. He should go to the administration room and then wait for Sehun now.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Chanyeol hurriedly made his way toward the Seoul sky hospital's cafe. He entered the cafe's door hastily and looked around to search for Sunggyu.

Ah, there!

Chanyeol caught a glimpse of Sunggyu's face on the table near the window.

Chanyeol immediately rushed toward that boy. Sunggyu was staring out of the window with right hand supporting his chin. His eyes were empty.

"Hei."

The sharp-eyed boy raised his head when he heard the low barritone voice. Sunggyu turned his head toward the owner of the voice.

Chanyeol threw a small smile as he sat down infront of Sunggyu. "Hei."

"Hi..." Sunggyu replied weakly as he tried to smile. "I'm sorry for calling you here."

"No, no." Chanyeol shook his head. "What are you saying sorry for? I owe you coffee anyway."

Sunggyu smiled weakly and stared at the table. The two fell into silence.

Chanyeol silently examined Sunggyu. There was something clearly wrong with the smaller boy. Those sharp eyes seemed dead, totally different with those which penetatred Chanyeol's eyes two days ago.

"Hei..." Chanyeol nudged Sunggyu lightly. "What's wrong?"

Sunggyu stared at Chanyeol with sad eyes. "I'm..."

Chanyeol waited patiently as Sunggyu struggled with his words.

"I don't know... Whether I should tell you... Or not..." Sunggyu said while rubbing his tired eyes. "I'm so confused... I don't know whom I shall be talking to."

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows and leaned his body on his elbows, curious about what actually happened. "That's okay, Sunggyu-ssi. Just tell me what happened."

Sunggyu sighed and blinked as tears started to form on the corner of his eyes. "It's... It's about my brother."

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows. "Myungsoo?"

"Yes..." Sunggyu sighed. "Err... How shall I say this..."

Chanyeol waited patiently while staring at Sunggyu.

Sunggyu raised his head and let his eyes met Chanyeol's. At that time, Chanyeol felt a chill ran through his back. That eyes, were so enchanting.

Deep, soothing but also mysterious, as if wanting to hide million things away from everyone.

Sunggyu's small lips parted open but no words came out. Chanyeol focused his eyes on those pink lips. Those lips were not in their perfect condition. It slightly chapped, proving that Sunggyu hadn't been drinking enough water lately.

But it still looked beautiful...

And alluring...

Huh?

Chanyeol blinked his eyes two times, surprised with his own mind.

What the heck, man?

Did you just...

"Chanyeol-ssi, do you have any sibling?"

Chanyeol was taken a back when he heard Sunggyu's voice. "E-eh?"

"Sibling." Sunggyu repeated. "Do you have any?"

Chanyeol froze when he heard that question. His tongue turned numb as flashbacks hit him right on the head. He blinked the painful memories away and shook his head.

"N-no... I'm... I'm the only child in the family."

"Ah..." Sunggyu nodded his head, looked a little disappointed.

"B-but it doesn't matter, I can still understand you. I also... Have someone that I love as much as I love my own brother." Chanyeol immediately added, didn't want to see Sunggyu's sad expression any further.

"Hmm..." Sunggyu looked hesitated. "Chanyeol-ssi... If you were I... What will you do... When your brother..."

Chanyeol focused all his attention on Sunggyu, desperately wanted to know what was going on.

"...want to donate his organ to other patient?"

Chanyeol was stunned for a while. He furrowed his eyebrows and a 'huh?' escaped.

Sunggyu didn't reply. He just stared at Chanyeol with serious yet sad face, hoping to get an answer.

"W-well... I..." Chanyeol bit his lower lip. "...d-does Myungsoo ask this?"

Sunggyu felt tears gathered on the corner of his eyes. When he felt one drop succeeded to made its way out of his eyes, he bit his lower lip hardly.

"S-sunggyu-ssi?"

Sunggyu immediately let out loud sobs. "Yes..."

Chanyeol looked around in reflex, catching people stared at the them weirdly.

Aish, people would think he's the one that made Sunggyu cry!

"S-sunggyu-ssi..." Chanyeol whispered. He immediately extended his hand to reach for a box of tissue on the table and handed it to Sunggyu.

"H-he said-, h-he said he wanted t-to donate his o-organ once he's a-away *sob*, b-but I-, I c-can't ac-accept that *sob*"

Chanyeol felt his heart sank when he heard Sunggyu's cry. He immediately took Sunggyu's hands onto his own and held them gently.

"H-he said... H-he said it's his d-dream and... H-he wanted t-to make it hap-happen. H-he... B-but doesn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter