Chapter 24 - Found.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I- I can explain." Krystal said with trembling lips. "This... I'm- I'm really sorry, Taemin-ah."

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows as he eyed both Krystal and Yugyeom. "S-sorry for what?"

"We are going out." Yugyeom said from Krystal's back and put his right hand on the top of Krystal's shoulder.

"You what? Going out?" Taemin widened his eyes.

Krystal's eyes sparkled in pure fear. "I'm s-sorry Taemin-ah."

"Why are you apologizing to me?" Taemin asked, confused with Krystal's behavior.

"She's scared because I was your ex-boyfriend." Yugyeom explained without lifting his hand off Krystal's shoulder.

Minho raised his eyebrows high. Ex-boyfriend?

"Why scared?"

"Because a good friend will never date their friend's ex." Yugyeom explained again.

Taemin frowned for a while and let his brain processed the words. Soon enough, something clicked on his head and he immediately let out a soft chuckle. "Oh, so you are afraid that I will get mad at you just because you date Yugyeom?"

Krystal blinked for a while before nodding her head slowly.

Taemin shook his head without stop his laugh. "I'm not angry at all, Krystal. Yugyeom's just like... My old old old boyfriend. Geez, we were not even fully fall in love to each other back then."

"B-but still he's your... He was once your boyfriend..." Krystal said while playing with her fingers.

Taemin chuckled again, finding Krystal was so cute. "Don't mind me, Krystal. I'm so happy that you guys are together now."

"See? I've told you." Yugyeom smiled and nudged Krystal. "You know, Taemin? She has been very cautious whenever she goes around with me. She always gets afraid if she suddenly bump to you. She's totally panicked when she ran into your twin last week. She was so afraid that your twin would see the two of us together and report it to you. Trust me, she wants to explain about our relationship to you but gets chickened out everytime she sees your face."

Taemin grinned when his eyes caught Krystal's red blushing face. "Ah, and that's the reason why you have been avoiding me these days?"

"Y-yes." Krystal said groggily. "I... I don't have any courage t-to meet you."

Taemin sighed and patted Krystal's head lovingly. Krystal was surely looked cold and y but her true personality didn't match her face at all. Inside, Krystal was just an innocent girl who treasured friendship so much. Taemin felt bad for being suspicious toward her that time.

But if it wasn't Krystal... Then who was the blackmailer?

Taemin felt his head pounded once again with the thought, but deep inside of his heart he was so relieved to discover that his best friend wasn't the culprit. At the end, Taemin introduced Minho to Yugyeom and they parted away.

"Your ex... Is kinda good looking." Minho commented.

"You think so?" Taemin chuckled.

"You don't think so?"

"Well... He's good looking but he's not really my type." Taemin answered.

"Eoh?" Minho turned his head toward Taemin. "You dated him even though he is not your type? So how's your type?"

"My type is of course..." Taemin smiled smugly. "...you."

Minho blinked for a second with eyes locked on Taemin's face before turn away. "Oh."

Taemin could see the blush on Minho's face and he chuckled. Minho is so cute when he's blushing like that. Taemin wanted to tease his boyfriend even more but had to stop when his phone rang. Taemin reached for his phone and answer the incoming call. He widened his eyes when the caller turned out to be Jongin.

"Hello?" Taemin said when he picked up the call.

"Taemin-ah!" Jongin replied from the other line. "Can you come to the police station near Chanyeol's apartment now?"

"What?" Taemin almost shouted when he heard the mention of 'police station'. "What happened? D-did you do something or someone attacked you or what?"

"No." Jongin replied. "Just come here now!"

Taemin pull his phone away from his right ear when he heard Jongin cutting off the connection.

"What- what's wrong?" Minho also went worried when he saw Taemin's expression. "Something's wrong?"

"I- I have to go." Taemin said while tugging Minho's hand. "We'll see each other again tomorrow. Okay?"

"What?" Minho rounded his eyes but then Taemin had ran away to left him.

Minho sighed when he saw his boyfriend's figure slowly dissapearred among the crowds of people. Something must be wrong with Taemin. Minho could feel it. Minho wanted to help his boyfriend to solve the problems Taemin had to face but...

Taemin would never include Minho in any of his problems at the end.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"T-tracking the blackmailers?" Taemin widened his eyes. The almond-haired boy was now sitting on the chair inside of the police station.

"Yes. The blackmailer had sent Jongin a message and hopefully we could track the person down." Chanyeol said calmly.

"M-message?" Taemin turned his head toward Jongin. "Jongin? Message? Why Jongin?"

Jongin just blinked. He didn't really want to tell Taemin what kind of message the blackmailer had sent.

"So Mr. Kim, this person have never texted you before, but instead he just used a private number to call you?" A police with big built body asked.

"Y-yes." Taemin nodded his head.

"But he sent the terror messages to your brother instead." The police continued. "How long have these kind of calls happened?"

"S-since... Last month I guess." Taemin explained. "That person just suddenly... Called me with private numbers and... Started to terror me."

"Have you ever reported this problem to any police before?" The police asked again.

"N-no." Taemin said while playing with his fingers.

"You should have reported this any sooner." The police said. "It could be even worse if your brother didn't report this now."

Taemin just nodded helplessly. He felt all his body went numb and powerless.

"We will track the owner of this phone number tonight and report the result tomorrow." The police said. "Please fill your data first."

Taemin nodded and filled the blank paper with his name, address and phone number.

"If we found anything, we would contact Mr. Park Chanyeol." The police said. "We will get the result tomorrow."

After a few minutes, they were done and the police permitted them to leave.

"Jongin-ah." Taemin called out. "What did the blackmailer say to you?"

Jongin looked startled and blinked. "U-urmm... Nothing..."

"Nothing?" Taemin furrowed his eyebrows. "It couldn't be nothing! And moreover- how could she know your phone number?"

"It is someone close to both of you guys, then." Chanyeol said. "Or someone who's close to your friends."

"Who-" Taemin sighed. It couldn't be Krystal, right? Krystal had no motive anymore and Krystal was too kind to do things like blackmailing and something like that. Taemin felt his head pounding against his skull. It was just getting more and more confusing.

The rest of the journey back to Chanyeol's apartment was filled with silence. Chanyeol ended up driving both Jongin and Taemin back to their house.

"Are you alright?" Jongin asked when he saw Taemin's white pale face.

"Yes..." Taemin said while nodding his head. His expression contrasted perfectly with his words. Taemin wasn't okay. He was stressed o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter