chapter 32 - decision

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu ran to his younger brother's room in a hurry. He had to stay a little longer in his office and that's why he was late to met his brother.

Myungsoo was sitting on the bed while closing his eyes. The window beside his bed opened and sunlight shone its way inside of his room. Myungsoo let himself soaked up beneath the light.

"Myungsoo!" Sunggyu called out while trying to catch on his breath. "I'm sorry! The meeting was crazy!"

Myungsoo turned his head to meet Sunggyu's face and then broke into a wide smile. "Don't worry, hyung! I'm alright here."

Myungsoo chuckled when he noticed his hyung's messy appearance.

"Aigoo... Look at you, hyung! You looked horrible! Tidy up your hair a little. Tsk tsk tsk..."

Sunggyu huffed while combing his hair with his fingers. "I'm afraid you will get mad at me because I'm late, you know?"

"I won't get angry no matter what happen." Myungsoo shook his head. "I have been such a burden, can I even ask for more?"

Sunggyu stopped his movement and froze. "You are not a burden, Myungsoo."

Myungsoo let out a sad smile and raised both of his shoulders. "Have you eaten, hyung?"

"Well..." Sunggyu his lips. "I will eat later."

Myungsoo watched as Sunggyu made his way toward him and sat down.

"Myungsoo-ah," Sunggyu said softly. "You have never been a burden for me. You are my only brother and I will try my hardest to keep you beside me, forever."

Myungsoo stared at his hyung for a while. He really wanted to let out a bitter chuckle and state how impossible that 'forever' sounds, but he decided to just let out another smile.

"Thank you hyung, I'm sorry."

Sunggyu shook his head and pull Myungsoo gently inside of his embrace. "Stop worrying little things around. You should get enough rest. Okay?"

"This morning," Myungsoo suddenly opened his mouth. "I lost my sight for 5 minutes."

Sunggyu widened his eyes when he heard that.

"But then I gained my view back. It was so dark and I couldn't see anything. No matter where I turned my head to and no matter how wide I opened my eyes... I couldn't see anything..."

Sunggyu felt his brother trembling inside of his embrace. His heart clenched painfully when he felt the vibration.

"Is that how it feels to be blind? Because it's so scary, hyung. It's all dark. I can only hear voices. I'm... I'm scared, hyung. I'm scared that I will have to spend a day without a sight. I-..." Myungsoo stopped when he felt his shoulders were being squeezed by Sunggyu.

"Stop it, Myung... Stop it..." Sunggyu whispered weakly. "You just lost your sight for a while. It will never be temporary. I promise you."

Myungsoo let out a sad sigh. He knew his brother just trying to comfort him. Myungsoo knew that little by little, he would lose all of his sense. Sight, touch, taste, sound, walk... Myungsoo would slowly becoming a disabled person.

Sunggyu pulled away from his brother.

"I will change the flowers here."

Myungsoo watched as his brother walked away with his back on him.

"Hyung..."

"Hmm?" Sunggyu answered without looking back at Myungsoo.

"You don't have to worry about me. It's time for you to search for a boyfriend."

Sunggyu turned his head toward Myungsoo. His small eyes widened. "What? Boyfriend?"

Myungsoo nodded his head. "Someone that will take care of you really well. Someone who can protect you from any danger."

Sunggyu's eyebrows knitted before shook his head. "Are you crazy? I don't have time for any relationship now."

"Why you have no time?" Myungsoo asked. "Is it because of me?"

Sunggyu stopped his activity to put on the fresh flowers inside of the vase.

"If it is because of me, hyung, please don't worry again. You don't have to spend all of your free time with me. You have to spend your time on yourself too. Hanging out with your friends, buy yourself good clothes and other things... Spoil yourself. Please."

"Myungsoo stop it, please."

"One day I'm not going to be here anymore, anyway. You can't shut yourself out from the world just because of me. I don't want to be your burden, hyung."

"Myungsoo, don't."

"You have to make friends with more people, fall in love... You have to find your own life, hyung."

"Myungsoo, please. Stop, stop..."

"You don't have to force yourself going here that often. It's okay, I'm fine. I want you to be happy, hyung. I know you reject a lot of invitation from your friends these days. I've pull you to a friendless zone. So, please hyung-,"

"KIM MYUNGSOO STOP IT!" Sunggyu shouted hard and it silenced Myungsoo almost immediately. "Stop, it. Stop, please."

Sunggyu stood there with ragging breath. He eyed Myungsoo silently pleaded for the other to just stop say anything. Myungsoo sat there, frozen with his hyung's loud voice.

"I'm not leaving you no matter what happen! off with the world, with my friends, with boyfriends, I don't care!"

"You should live your life, hyung..." Myungsoo said carefully.

"My life is you, Myungsoo! Since our parents passed away, the only one that I have is you! You are my world, you are my life! I have no reason to leave you alone!"

Myungoo gulped down forcefully when he saw his brother's angry face.

"Please, understand Myungsoo..." Sunggyu whispered. "I don't mind losing anyone else. I just don't want to lose you..."

With that, Sunggyu turned his body and come out from Myungsoo's room. Myungsoo felt his eyes burnt and a lone tear escaped from the corner of his eyes. He just didn't want Sunggyu to waste his life just for him. Myungsoo knew exactly there was no hope for him to survive from this deadly disease. He didn't want Sunggyu to invest his time with something useless.

Myungsoo sighed as he looked down to his hands.

He was dying.

And he didn't have much time left.

 

 

***

 

 

It was 8.08 PM in Tokyo and there was no sign that the city would be less crowded than it was on the day time. People were still scattering everywhere. There were some lovey-dovey, group of students, fashionable tokyo girls, and many more.

"Woaa..." Jongin looked around in amazement. "Tokyo is so bright."

Chanyeol just smiled at the comment. He watched as the tanned boy infront of him bounced around excitedly. Yuto's shift ended on 6 PM. The Japanese boy recommended them to walk around Shibuya at the night time and that's what they did.

"Look, Chanyeol! The kids are also very fashionable!" Jongin chuckled when he saw two girly looking kids that were busy with their gadgets. "They looked like 8 but their fashion sense are wow. How cute!"

The two then walked passed the busy Japanese people who walk around fastly.

"People here are so in a hurry. We don't even have any time to stop walking." Chanyeol chuckled. "So the rumour that said Japanese people walk fast are really true."

Jongin nodded his head excitedly. "Yeah, ahhh... It's so good that we can prove it by ourselves!"

Chanyeol smiled. "There's a lot of things that you need to prove by yourself, huh?"

Jongin nodded his head. "Yes! I need to prove many things! I need to go to many places! I want to leave memories everywhere!"

"There. We will make it happen." Chanyeol said while crossing his hands together.

Jongin stared at Chanyeol for a while before sighed. "Can I make it happen?"

"Of course." Chanyeol nodded. "Why not?"

"Because I don't think I can do anything." Jongin replied. "I've paid quite much for this trip. As a student that is not working, this amount has been too much for me. I've almost spent all the money on my bank's account."

Chanyeol eyed Jongin's scrunched up expression. "Then... Why not starting to work? To save money?"

Jongin looked up and furrowed his eyebrows. "Work?"

"Try to be Minah's new online shop's baker." Chanyeol replied. "She needs one, and I think she wants you to be one."

Jongin gulped down before looked away. "I don't think I can."

"Why? You can bake. Your cakes are so good that I've gained weight for eating it too much." Chanyeol said. "You should really grab this opportunity."

"B-but I don't think I can do well..." Jongin played with his fingers nervously. "What if I disappoint her? What if her online shop fails because of me?"

"Well..." Chanyeol sighed. "You can't just doubt yourself right now."

"But it's true." Jongin pouted. "Everything that I do is a failure. Study, family, love."

"It's not a failure." Chanyeol shook his head. "You just happen to face the wrong thing to deal with."

Jongin blinked. Well, Chanyeol was indeed true. Jongin had never liked his major. He had never liked studying management. He had always hated the counting things since he was little, but still his parents forced him to study them.

"If you can start doing things that you love from now, it won't be failure anymore." Chanyeol lowered his body and smiled. "It will be a successful thing instead."

Jongin pressed his lip into a thin line. "You sure?"

"Of course." Chanyeol grinned. "Let's go. Shall we? Shibuya is still waiting for us."

Jongin broke into a wide smile and nodded. They then explored Shibuya. They entered the famous Shibuya 109, taking some pictures with Hachiko, the loyal dog's statue, watching as people passed by, and finally stopped when hunger hit them.

"Minah recommended a ramen shop, but not here in Shibuya." Chanyeol said while opening his best friend's itinerary book. "It's in Harajuku. We have to buy crepe too there. She writes the best crepe in Japan is in Harajuku."

Jongin nodded excitedly. "So, we are going?"

Chanyeol nodded. "Let's go."

The two then moved to Harajuku, another popular hangout places for Japanese teenagers.

"Omo..." Jongin gasped when he saw a girl with blue long hair wig dressed up in all black lolitta dress and walked around.

Chanyeol followed Jongin's eyes to catch the pretty looking girl.

"She's cosplaying as Miku Hatsune." Jongin clasped both of his hands. "Wonderful! She's really pretty!"

Chanyeol chuckled. "I think we should dress up as one too, tomorrow. Minah and the other Jib cafe's staffs did when they wer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter