Chapter 18 - Mental Breakdown.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin stared at his phone with a tense expression. It's been days and the blackmailer hadn't sent any message for him anymore. But that didn't make Taemin relaxed at all. It was like a calmness before a heavy storm.

"TAEMIN!"

Taemin jumped when he felt a loud tap on his shoulder. He turned his head only to meet Key's grinning face.

"Key-ah!" Taemin huffed. "You scared me!"

Key stuck his tongue out and took a seat beside Taemin. "I'm starving! Let's go eat something!"

"Hmm." Taemin hummed while shoving his phone inside of his pocket. "Where's the others?"

"Onew and Jonghyun are still having their classes." Key said. "What about Minho?"

"He's also in the class." Taemin said. "Where should we eat?"

"I want to eat out. Something like pasta... Pizza... I want to eat Italian food."

"Italian food..." Taemin hummed. "Alright, let's go."

The two of them then headed out of the college. They talked about literally just anything. Newest movie, coolest place to hang out, and...

"Isn't that Krystal?"

Taemin turned his head toward the direction that Key pointed. Oh yes. It's indeed Krystal. She was having lunch in a Japanese restaurant with Amber and Sulli.

"Should we join them?" Taemin asked.

"Ung..." Key pursed his lips then shook his head. "No."

"Why?"

"It just..." Key sighed. "I think... Krystal has changed."

"What do you mean?"

"She doesn't hang out with us often. And... I think she's..."

Taemin waited for Key to finish his words but the cat-eye boy never did.

"...nothing. Forget it! Let's just go and eat our pasta now!" Key said happily and pull Taemin's wrist away.

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows as he followed Key from behind. Well, that's right. Krystal hadn't been hanging out with their clique lately. Krystal also didn't talk much. She just did it when it was needed. Key's right. Krystal's a little bit different from usual.

"I'm afraid she gets angry because you and Minho are officially an item now." Key said all of sudden with low voice. "You surely have known that Krystal used to be Minho's biggest fan, haven't you?"

Taemin frowned. "But she said she was just a fan..."

"Oh, come on Taemin." Key groaned. "Krystal likes Minho. It's obvious."

Taemin's face paled. "No way."

Key sighed. "Whatever you say."

Key then grabbed Taemin's hand and guided him to find the Italia's restaurant while Taemin followed from behind with a thumping heart.

Krystal had never liked Minho. She had never show it. She looked so happy when Minho announced that he and Taemin were officially dating.

Or...

Was it just an acting?

"How do you know?" Taemin asked Key hastily. "That Krystal likes Minho."

"Well..." Key bit his lip. "...forget it Taemin-ah."

"Eh?" Taemin grabbed Key's arm tightly. "Why forget?"

"Maybe I'm wrong. I have a feeling that she likes Minho, but maybe she doesn't. I don't want to ruin our friendship." Key said with a worried face. "-just... J-just forget what I've said."

Taemin closed his mouth. He stared at Key who was now turning back and guiding him to enter an Italian restaurant. Taemin's mind had flown away from his body.

Did Krystal... Did Krystal really the one who did it all?

He should ask Jongin.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Jongin smiled as he posted the last blog post on his laptop and sighed happily. Each day, he could feel Sehun grew even more romantic and loving. Sehun also had stopped talking or asking about Taemin. Even though the tall blonde guy still sometimes became extremely jealous toward Chanyeol, that never bothered Jongin.

Jongin's lips curved into a small smile when he remembered how Sehun kissed him that time. It was so clear in Jongin's memory, and it had been the best one that Jongin had ever gotten.

Jongin reached out for his phone only to find a message came from Sehun.

 

Jonginnie~

Free the day after tomorrow?

 

Jongin went excited. He typed back the reply.

 

Yess~

 

Jongin stared at his phone patiently, waiting for Sehun to reply his message.

 

I'll pick you up after you finish your classes. 2 days from now.

 

Jongin smiled as he typed back an 'ok' before hugged his phone close on his chest. Jongin was so happy, so happy that he felt he could just eat his phone like that. Jongin had never even dream to have such a beautiful boyfriend like Sehun. Instead, he used to think he would never have someone that love him. But Sehun had changed that perspection of his. Jongin felt so so so blessed to have him as a boyfriend.

Jongin was about to turn off his laptop when his bedroom's door suddenly being pushed open.

Taemin appeared behind the door, all pale and nervous.

"T-taemin?" Jongin gaped in surprise and his chair. "W-what happened?"

"Jongin." Taemin whimpered and approached Jongin. The older twin held both of Jongin's shoulders. "Jongin, tell me again about what the boys said to you last time."

"Boys?" Jongin frowned even deeper. "What boys?"

"Those- those who threatened you!" Taemin's voice shook. "Those who said that I couldn't be with Minho!"

Jongin widened his eyes. "A-ah, that one."

"Tell me what do they want." Taemin demanded.

"T-they..." Jongin stuttered. "They wanted you... To stay away from Minho."

"And then?"

"If you didn't do it..." Jongin squeezed his memory to remember what the boys said. "...err... You would...get into a danger?"

"Do you know who sent them?"

Jongin blinked and furrowed his eyebrows deeper. "...no. I don't know. But wait..."

Taemin watched in maximal nervousness as he waited patiently.

"But you are pretty. No wonder that girl is jealous with you."

"..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter