Chapter 48 - Journey.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

5 months later...

"Jongin, we have a new order!" Hara opened the door with a phone on her left hand, entering the pantry. "Two dozens of assorted cupcakes from Jiyoung."

Jongin, the boy behind the pantry looked up. "Roger!"

Hara smiled and put down the phone on the pantry's table. She walked toward the small locker room and grabbed a hair band.

It was a busy day for those two, as usual taking care of The online bakery Minah made, specialized in cupcakes, 'The Scrumptious'.

"We have so much things to do. But don't worry, you are still leaving on 1. Luhan will come to help later." Hara said while tying her hair into high ponytail.

Jongin nodded brightly. "Okay!"

After being Xiumin's boyfriend, Luhan came to meet Sohee more often in the cafe. It's just a simple meeting and routine date hangout at the beginning, but then Luhan got intoxicated with the cakes. The boy was amazed by how the cakes were decorated beautifully and decided to try it on. Then boom. He loved it. Since then, Luhan would pop out at 1 to help Hara with the decoration everyday.

Jongin put the tray of unbaked cupcakes into the oven while Hara taking care of the frostings.

"So in total, we have 13 dozens of assorted cupcakes order, 2 dozens of belgian chocolate, 1 dozen of green tea cupcakes, and 5 more funfetti." Jongin said while writing the new order which came to Hara's phone previously.

"Exactly." Hara grinned. "Ah, it's so tiring but I'm so happy!"

Jongin replied the smile and nodded. "Me too!"

The two then back to their work, enjoying their time talking to each other while baking the cupcakes.

Well there was nothing more enjoyable than working for something that you love, right?

Jongin's phone vibrated and the alarm sound from it started to play.

Jongin glanced at his phone and then to the clock that was hanging on the wall.

"It's one! I'm leaving then, noona!"

"Arra, take care." Hara smiled and continued her job.

Jongin changed his working uniform to a casual clothes and dashed out of the kitchen after saying goodbye to Hara.

Jongin almost run to Sohee who was bringing a tray of fresh-baked pie.

"Omo!" Sohee gasped in surprise before chuckled. "You surprise me, Jongin-ah."

Jongin grinned apologeticly. "I'm sorry, noona. Have to leave now or I'll get late."

"Okay, okay. Take care!" Sohee said.

Jongin flashed his sweet smile then waved his hand at Eunji who was sitting on the cashier.

Yes, Jongin and Hara worked under the same roof with Jib cafe. They just baked in two different pantries. The pantry for 'The Scrumptious' was being taken care by Jongin and Hara, only for baking cupcakes. The other pantry is for delicacies in Jib cafe, was handled by Sohee and a new baker, Jungkook.

Jongin walked fast toward the front door but stopped when his name was being called.

"Jonginnie!"

Jongin turned his head and spotted Taemin, was sitting on the sofa with his friends.

"Hyung!" Jongin broke into a smile and approached Taemin. "You come again!"

"Someone is insisting to come to see a new baker here." Taemin said while giving Jonghyun a look.

Jongin chuckled and nodded. "How long have you been here?"

"Just an hour maybe. You are leaving for school?"

"Yes, but I need to go somewhere first." Jongin smiled.

Taemin immediately understood what Jongin meant. "Ah... I understand. See you later then. Ah! Don't come home late! Tonight our menu is spaghetti meatball!"

Jongin grinned and nodded. "Okay!"

"Take care, Jongin." Minho who was sitting beside Taemin casually waved his hand.

"Fighting for the school!" Onew joined in.

"I'm looking forward your cupcakes, Jongin-ah!" Key added with his bright face.

"Don't forget to share it with me." Onew nudged Key lightly.

"Of course~" Key chuckled.

Key?

Yes, Key.

Key turned out to only spend two weeks in America. His dad and his mom discussed about whether their kid should stay in America or not-, and ended up going back to Korea.

After seeing the farewell between Key and Taemin, Key's parents finally came to a resolution; to give their son another chance. Key ended up spending two weeks as a holiday in America.

Since Key had quitted his college in Korea, he applied as a student of Seoul's fashion school. But even though they had separated college, their friendship was still as strong as ever.

Jongin smiled. "Then, I'll take my leave."

Taemin and his friends then bid their goodbye with Jongin.

Jongin headed out of the cafe and walked toward a zebra cross not far from the cafe. He took out his phone and was about to dial a number when a line chat popped out.

 

Hei, Jongin!

Don't forget that you have a meeting with me tomorrow!

 

 

Kyungsoo.

Jongin chuckled as he typed back a short 'yes' for his best friend. Of course he wouldn't forget. Baekhyun, Kyungsoo's boyfriend is having his birthday coming up in a few days and Kyungsoo bought a birthday cake from Jongin.That's why they had to meet up and discussed about the cake's theme. Ah, you are asking about Baekhyun and Kyungsoo? Yes, they're an item, officially together a few weeks after Jongin being released from the hospital. Seems like Kyungsoo spent a long long time together with Baekhyun since Jongin's ran away from the campus back then.

Ah, before Jongin forgot, he immediately dialed a number which was previously forgotten.

"Chanyeol hyung?" Jongin asked once the people on the other line picked up the call. "I'm outside now."

Jongin then ended his phone call and waited for Chanyeol to pick him up.

Just in a minute, a black metalic car stopped by and the window of the car rolled down.

"Jongin, up." Chanyeol stretched his head outside with a loud grin.

Jongin immediately made his way to enter Chanyeol's car. He set his on the back seat and fanned himself with his hand. "Ah, it's so hot outside."

"It's almost summer." Sunggyu replied and turned back his body. He extended his hand, offering Jongin a cup of Starbucks' passion fruit smoothie. "For you."

"Woah, hyung! Thank you!" Jongin chirped when he saw his favorite drink.

"He bought that for you but he didn't buy anything for me." Chanyeol whined while driving.

"You can share with me!" Sung

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter