Chapter 34 - Discovered

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin stared blankly at the television screen infront of him. He was watching his most favorite TV show, Running man. Usually that show would make him laugh and roll around hysterically. Today was an exception.

Taemin didn't find Kwangsoo's joke funny at all. He didn't giggle when he watched Jaesuk's blabber, he didn't get interested in Monday couple's interaction. Heck, he didn't even squeal when he saw Jongkook's well toned body!

Taemin closed his eyes slowly and sighed. These days had been quite crazy for him. He had to bear with Minho's sudden coldness, the fact that his own bestfriend betrayed him, and his only brother that just said that he hated Taemin.

"Ugh..." Taemin held his head with both of his hands. "I'll explode for sure..."

The sound of high-heels made Taemin turned his head around. He saw his mom, had been dressed up really pretty, was making her way out of her bedroom.

"Mom?" Taemin called out. "Where are you going?"

Mrs. Kim raised her head to meet his son's stare and smiled. "I'm going to my friend's party. Take care of the home, okay?"

Taemin just nodded his head and turned back his attention to the television.

"You don't eat the cookies?" Mrs. Kim asked while pointing at the chocolate chip cookies on the table.

"No... It usually Jongin who finishes the cookies."

Mrs. Kim felt her heart throbbed at the mention of her youngest kid. She gulped down and forcefully let out a small bitter smile. "Oh..."

Taemin bit his lower lip when Jongin's name accidentally slipped out of his lips.

"Then..." Mrs. Kim awkwardly straightened her body posture. "I'm going first. Goodbye."

Taemin nodded and watched as his mom leaving the house. He sighed and laid his body on the sofa. Exams will be starting the day after tomorrow but he had no energy left to even read one sentence of the subject.

Taemin inhaled deeply and released it slowly. His eyes darted from television to the jar of chocolate chip cookies on the table.

"Jongin-ah..." Taemin pouted. "Just... When will you comeback?"

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Mrs. Kim hopped on the taxi that she had called a while ago.

"Seoul sky hospital, please." Mrs. Kim said.

The taxi driver nodded and started to run the taxi.

Mrs. Kim looked outside nervously. She hadn't told both her husband and Taemin about Jongin's disease. She wanted to check it out herself first.

Mrs. Kim's eyes averted back to the front. A glossy tear slowly making its way out of the dark orbs. Jongin had never told anything to her.

Anything.

How's school?

You've gotten taller.

Do you have any boyfriend?

Mrs. Kim bit her trembling lower lip hardly. She had never asked Jongin those questions for years.

Why didn't she realize it? When Jongin fainted back then, why she didn't ask him?

Mrs. Kim felt herself had failed as a parent. She had failed as a mom for Jongin. Especially when she started to compare Jongin to Taemin.

At first, Mrs. Kim didn't do it on purpose. She just got a little irritated at how Jongin behaved. Jongin was totally the opposite of Taemin. Those two were totally different.

Oh, right. They aren't same. Why should force them to be like each other?

Mrs. Kim put her hand on her forehead as he tried to block out any sobs that wanted to escape.

What a stupid mom she is.

Mrs. Kim blinked away the tears she had held and with trembling hands reached out for her phone.

Mrs. Kim had known that Jongin had changed his phone number. That's why he typed a message and sent it to someone else.

To Chanyeol.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Chanyeol opened his phone and widened his eyes when he saw the mail sender.

 

 

Is Jongin alright?

 

 

 

Chanyeol gulped down and with shaky fingers typed the reply back.

 

 

He is, auntie. I'm so sorry for taking him away to Japan.

I know it's impolite but I think Jongin really need a little escape.

I will take all the punishment.

I'm so sorry, auntie. I'm really sorry.

 

 

 

Chanyeol gulped down and punched the send button. He then plopped himself on the sofa and played with his fingers.

What if Mrs. Kim got very angry?

What if Mrs. Kim decided to kick him out of Jongin's friend list?

Chanyeol stratched the back of his head and pouted.

Heol... What would happen?

Chanyeol's heart jumped when his phone vibrated again. He immediately snatched it away and opened the message.

 

 

It's okay.

When are you guys coming back?

 

 

Chanyeol released the breath he had been holding on when he read the sentence but the uneasiness still tickled his heart.

 

 

We will be coming back in three days. I'm so sorry once again, auntie.

I promise you I won't ever take Jongin somewhere like what I do now.

I'm so sorry, auntie.

 

 

Chanyeol gulped down and pressed the send button. He stood up awkwardly and moved around the hotel room to reduced his nervousness. When his phone vibrated again, Chanyeol immediately punched the open button.

 

 

That's okay. Please take care of him well, okay?

Make sure he eats on time, don't overwork himself.

 

 

Chanyeol was stunned with the message.

What happened? Why suddenly Mrs. Kim became like this?

Chanyeol hesitatedly typed back the reply agreeing Mrs. Kim's words. He had just pressed the send button when Jongin opened the bathroom door.

Jongin went out inside of his fresh t-shirt and long jeans. His hair was damp wet and he was smiling. "Shall we go?"

Chanyeol blinked and for a second lost his soul. Jongin looked so beautiful that he could die at that time.

"L-let's go..." Chanyeol said while putting his phone back into his jeans. He coughed slightly and tidied himself.

Jongin nodded and grabbed his backpack. He then headed first to exit the hotel bedroom.

Yuto had already waiting outside with his bright smile as usual.

"Good morning!" The Japanese boy greeted. "Ready for today's adventure?"

"Sure!" Jongin nodded in excitement. "So where are we going today?"

"Well... Based on Minah nee-chan's itinerary, we are going to visit museum first!"

Jongin's face changed a little. "M-museum?"

"Yep! Museum!" Yuto nodded and laughed. "Why? You don't love it?"

"Err..." Jongin hesitated. His cheeks blushed when Yuto caught him off guard. Jongin didn't like museum, indeed. Even though he fell in love with Japan, visiting museum wasn't on his list.

"Don't worry." Yuto laughed. "Minah nee-chan also doesn't like boring museums. So if she chooses museum, it's definitely a super cute museum!"

Jongin tilted his head in confusion.

A museum that isn't boring?

"So..." Yuto glanced at the now smiling Chanyeol behind Jongin.

"Tell me Jongin-ssi. Do you like Doraemon?"

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"DORAEMON!" Jongin shouted childishly when he saw the park filled with Doraemon statues everywhere. "This is fantastic!"

Chanyeol and Yuto followed from behind, laughing at Jongin's energetic behavior.

Jongin explored the whole museum in excitement. He touched every single statues and commented at every single one.

Doraemon had been filling most of the 90's kids life. Back then when he was a child, Jongin and Taemin loved to watch that cartoon together.

The three then entered the souvenir shop. They separated to see everything on the store.

"Chanyeollie, look!" Jongin called out excitedly.

"What?" Chanyeol asked while approaching the smaller boy.

"Do you remember this? It's a time-table crispy bread! Could I bring the real one and copied the whole management accounting into one then shove it to my mouth? That way I don't have to study anymore!" Jongin blabbered cutely while pointing at the bread he was holding.

Chanyeol chuckled and took the bread. "Nice imagination, but so sorry it couldn't happen."

Jongin puffed his cheeks and took the bread back. "I don't care. I'm buying this."

Chanyeol chuckled at Jongin's expression. He watched as Jongin explored more and grabbed another souvernirs.

They then made their way out of the souvenir shop and played in the park.

"The handsome giant!" Yuto pointed out and approached the giant hole.

"Woa!" Jongin and Chanyeol also ran forward and watched in excitement as Yuto stood beside the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter