Chapter 15 - Bloom.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin placed five pieces of kimbap he just bought in supermarket on the plate and brought it to the living room. The almond-haired boy sighed and put down his plate on the desk. No one's home and he was hungry. He didn't have any class coming up so he decided to just go home and chilling infront of television.

Taemin the television. He glanced at the clock. It's just 6 PM. Usually Jongin would be in home around that time but he hadn't shown up until now.

"Maybe he is out with Chanyeol." Taemin mumbled while putting one roll of kimbap in his mouth.

Taemin had known Chanyeol since the first time the tall boy become Jongin's friend. Jongin was super shy and scared when they were in elementary school. He didn't easily make friends and he's always quiet. He sticked around Taemin so much that it irritated Taemin's other friends too. Jongin didn't like to share Taemin with the other. He wanted Taemin to be his and only his. Taemin, being a gentle person, couldn't even say no toward both Jongin and his friends. He was torn between Jongin and his friends before Chanyeol came out as a savior.

Chanyeol was a year older than them. He met Jongin when Jongin was sulking becase Taemin had to leave him for a soccer match with his friends. Jongin was usually quiet and shy, but when he met Chanyeol, he suddenly turned bright and happy. Since that day, the two seems inseperable. Both Jongin and Chanyeol enjoyed each other's presence so much.

Taemin let out a sigh. He envied Jongin to had such a loving and caring bestfriend like Chanyeol. Taemin also had Key, but Key's attention had been divided into Taemin and also to his boyfriend Onew lately.

Taemin had a lot of friends. Really a lot. They hang around together, eat meals in school together... It was cool to have bunches of friends but what Taemin needed the most is someone who he can trust. Taemin had a difficulties to trust people. Not even Key and Minho, his soon-to-be-boyfriend. The one that he trust was Jongin. Only Jongin. But with Jongin distancing himself from Taemin these days, Taemin had lost that source of warmth he used to seek.

Taemin sighed as he pushed more kimbap on his mouth. He missed Jongin.

Just when Taemin was about to eat more kimbap, the front door was being opened. Jongin entered the house with a sad expression.

Taemin straightened his body and opened his mouth. He wanted to say something but he's afraid Jongin would ignore him.

Jongin looked surprise when he saw Taemin was sitting infront of the television.

The two were staring at each other in silence.

"...h-have you eaten?" Taemin asked while holding out his plate of kimbap.

Jongin shook his head and proceed his way up to his bedroom.

Taemin sighed again. He really wanted to ask about Jongin's wrist. Had it been better? But Jongin wasn't even willing to look at him even longer than 5 seconds. What should he do?

Taemin bit back the last kimbap on his plate and made his way to the kitchen. He washed off his plate and put it back to the sink. 6.41 PM already. His mom and dad hadn't go back home yet. His mom must be in Seoul sky hospital, visiting his uncle. His dad's working.

Taemin was pretty much bored. He had nothing to do, and he couldn't even talk to his twin. Minho was in the middle of his soccer practice. Key was... Probably in salon. And his other friends were... Nah, they must be hanging out together now. Taemin's a little tight on budget so he wasn't in mood of going out anywhere.

Taemin then decided to take a nice warm shower. He stayed in his bathroom for almost an hour, just letting warm water poured over him. Washing away his stress and sore muscles.

Taemin closed his eyes for a while. His life was surrounded by so many people, yet he felt so empty.

After a while, Taemin finally turned off the water. He walked out from the bathroom and headed to his bedroom.

"Too much hot water is damaging my skin." Taemin mumbled as he twisted his room's door knob. "I'll just put on a lotion the-... Jongin?"

Jongin was startled when his name was being called. He looked up and his eyes met Taemin's. Jongin immediately went frozen.

Taemin on the other hand was also stunned. He had never predicted Jongin to enter his bedroom. The younger had never done that anymore since he moved from it.

"W-what happened? What bringing you here?" Taemin asked while approaching Jongin.

"E-err..." Jongin looked down and played with his fingers. He wanted to say something, wanted to ask Taemin about his relationship with Minho. Jongin wanted to tell Taemin to be careful since many people were after him. But his mouth was locked. He couldn't even open it.

Taemin waited patiently for his younger twin to speak. He then pulled out a chair and sat on it, eyes boring onto Jongin.

"Err..." Jongin started again, this time a lot braver than before. "Are you going out with... Minho?"

Taemin blinked.

Once...

Twice...

"W-why do you want to know?"

Jongin immediately kept his mouth shut and Taemin immediately regretting what he had just said. It's a little to harsh.

"I m-mean, I'm not going out with him. W-why?"

"You are not going out with him?" Jongin asked again.

"Nope."

"O-oh... Erm..." Jongin toying again with his hands. "Do you... Do you like him?"

Taemin's mouth fall open. Why did Jongin asking such a weird questions? All of sudden and out of nowhere, the image of Zico flashed through Taemin's mind.

Did Jongin possibly...

"Do you like Minho?" Taemin asked back, eyes narrowed in suspicion.

Well he did say that Jongin should be honest with him, but Taemin was being serious with Minho and he didn't want to hand the other to anyone. Including his beloved twin.

"What? No!" Jongin immediately shook his head.

"Then why are you asking me?"

Jongin was loss at words. He didn't know how to tell Taemin about the threat he had just received, nor how to start his own story.

"Jongin?"

"N-no. It just... I heard... There's someone who also likes Minho..."

"Who?" Taemin asked sharply. He clearly showing his dislike to what Jongin had just said.

"E-erm..." Jongin bit his lower lip.

"Your friend?"

Jongin bowed down and shook his head. His fingers gripped the edge of his shirt tightly.

"Then who?"

Jongin looked up to see Taemin's pissed expression. Taemin is surely dissapointed. Jongin felt guilt splashed him on the face.

"Jongin? Why don't you answer my question?"

Jongin gulped.

"Hei!" Taemin didn't realize that he had just shouted at Jongin until he saw Jongin jumped slightly.

"A-Answer me first!" Jongin said with quivering voice. "Do you like him? Minho?"

Taemin sighed. He had this bad feeling.

Did Jongin really like Minho?

What if he did?

Taemin couldn't just give Minho to Jongin.

This time, Taemin was clearly in love with Minho.

Not like Zico. It wasn't a puppy love anymore.

Taemin stared deep into Jongin's eyes.

"Yes. I like him."

Jongin immediately paled. He should have known that Taemin would say that.

"What's wrong?"

"Taemin-ah..." Jongin opened his mouth. "Today... There are some boys come to me."

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows. Boys?

"I don't know them... But maybe they are from our college." Jongin looked away since Taemin's stare made him nervous. "...they warned me about... Minho."

Taemin's eyes widened and his eyebrows furrowed even more. "Huh?"

"They told me that... You should never get close to Minho because Minho... Belongs to someone else."

"This doesn't make sense!" Taemin groaned. "Are you being serious, Jongin?"

Jongin almost felt like crying. What, Taemin didn't believe him? "I- it's true!"

"And why did they come to you anyway? Why not to me? Aren't they some bunch of cowards?"

"...they thought I were you..."

Taemin blinked again. "...huh?"

"They thought I were you! They thought I were Kim Taemin! That's why they come after me!" Jongin almost shouted. He couldn't bear the look on Taemin's face anymore. It almost seemed like Taemin wasn't trusting him.

"B-but we are different... Our looks are totally different..." Taemin's voice came out a little shaky.

Of course they were different. Their hair colours, their skin colours...

Sadly that wasn't what clicked on Jongin's mind.

"Yes, of course! We are different! You are a lot prettier than me, anyway! Maybe they were too blind to even see that! But I'm telling you the truth! I'm just being worried here!" Jongin almost shouted and a tear rolled on his cheek. His emotion got mixed and he couldn't even think straight anymore.

Taemin blinked and guilt immediately washed over him.

Jongin raised his body from Taemin's bed and ran outside.

"J-jongin!" Taemin stood up and immediately chased after Jongin.

Jongin fastened his pace and dashed onto his bedroom. He immediately locked it from inside and left Taemin knocking on the outside.

"Jongin-ah!" Taemin knocked on Jongin's door. "I'm sorry! That's not what I mean! Really!"

Jongin went to his bed and threw his body on it.

What's with Taemin? He was just trying to help! How could Taemin stare at him with that accusing eyes? Jongin didn't lie!

Jongin's sobs escaped his lips as he hug a bolster beside him tightly. He pressed his right cheek on it desperately.

"...they are all mean... Sehun, Taemin..." Jongin whispered against the bolster and closed his eyes. He pitied himself to cry again.

Yesterday, and now. Maybe tomorrow he will cry again for something else?

That night Jongin fell asleep while hugging his bolster which was wet by his tears.

 

 

 

***

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter