Chapter 16 - Complicated.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

I'm so in love with you.

I'm in love with your eyebrows.

I'm in love with your jawline.

I'm in love with your voice.

I'm in love with your lisp.

You are everything that I could see, hear and touch.

You are everything that I need, more than just an air to breathe.

You are someone who grows a rainbow inside of me.

And when I'm together with you...

I feel like I'm loving myself a little bit more than I'm used to.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun didn't know since when he become so enthusiastic to meet Jongin. Days passed and he found himself chatting with Jongin almost everyday. Even every little things that Jongin done made him so curious.

Sehun stopped his car infront of Jongin's house and casually took out his phone from the pocket and dialed Jongin's number.

"Hello?"

Sehun found himself grinning when he heard the innocent voice of Jongin. "Jongin-ah!"

"Yes?"

"I'm outside!"

"Woah! That's fast!" Jongin sounded surprised. "I'll be down in a minute. Please wait for me."

Sehun chuckled and turned off his phone. He waited patiently while taping his fingers on the top of stirring wheel.

After some minutes passed, the tanned boy came out from his house. He wore a big black loose tshirt and a black tight jeans. It was simple, yet so stunning for Sehun.

Jongin opened the car's door and hopped in.

"Hi."

Sehun grinned. "Hi."

"So where are we going?" Jongin asked while putting on his seatbelt.

"Where do you want to go?" Sehun smiled.

"Eoh? Why are you asking me?" Jongin chuckled. "I don't really know any good places to hang out at."

"Just state what's in your mind." Sehun said without stop smiling.

"Hmm..." Jongin furrowed his eyebrows and pursed his lips together. "...where...?"

"Is there any place you want to go?" Sehun asked.

"..." Jongin's brain worked a little harder. "Ah... You want to visit my favorite cafe recently? Jib cafe!"

"Jib..." Sehun furrowed his eyebrows. "I think I've heard that name before..."

"Really?" Jongin clasped both of his hands together. "Let's go, let's go!"

The two finally drove off to Jib cafe and Sehun couldn't be much happier to see the cafe that Jongin wanted to go to.

"This cafe has the best- best- best bubbletea in the town!" Sehun grinned super hard. "I've been here once- no, no! Twice! With Luhan!"

"Really?" Jongin grinned as they headed to the cashier.

"He's actually dragging me here, since his crush's big sister is working here." Sehun said.

"Really? Who?"

"... I don't really know what's her name is... But her face resembles Xiumin's face a lot."

"Xiumin...?" Jongin frowned. Well, he'd never heard that name before.

"I'll introduce you to him next time." Sehun smiled.

The two finally stopped infront of the cashier.

"Omo, Jongin-ah!" Eunji smiled brightly. "You aren't coming with Chanyeol?"

Sehun flinched at the mention of Chanyeol's name but covered it perfectly by looking around at the cafe's menu.

"No, today I'm coming with my boyfriend." Jongin smiled.

"Boyfriend?" Eunji gasped. "Woaah, you guys are a couple? How cute!"

Sehun let out a small grin, fully satisfied with Eunji's words.

"Okay, since you are couple and Jongin is also our favorite customer..." Eunji said while smiling. "...actually jib cafe will provide you some special services! Hehe! But I'll keep it a secret! Now, please state your orders~"

Jongin and Sehun liked Eunji. She's so cute, pretty, charming and friendly.

Jongin didn't know but he's quite sure there were 3 types of personalities in this cafe. The cute and bright, Eunji and Minah. The elegant and sweet, the two pastry girls which sadly couldn't be remembered well by Jongin. And the serious, the management's team.

After ordered their food, Jongin and Sehun plopped their on the sofa.

"So do you come here often?" Sehun asked casually.

Jongin nodded with a sweet smile.

"With Chanyeol?"

Jongin nodded again.

"You are going out a lot with Chanyeol." Sehun frowned, tried hard to not showing his dissapoint face.

Jongin nodded again. "He's a very very great friend of mine."

Sehun just let out a bitter smile. "Oh..."

Jongin obviously noticed Sehun's sudden change of mood.

"But don't you think you guys are... Too close to be friends?" Sehun asked at the end, losing to his curiosity.

"Eh?" Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. "...no."

Sehun puffed his cheeks and decided to look away. "Oh..."

Jongin stared at Sehun for a while and playing with his fingers.

The two fell into uncomfortable silence for a few minutes.

"When I was in elementary school..." Jongin suddenly said. "...I didn't have any friend."

Sehun turned his head to look at Jongin. The tanned boy didn't look back into Sehun's eyes. He just kept his attention fixed on his jeans.

"Unlike Taemin, who has been popular since little, I was very quiet and shy. Taemin could lightened up the mood when we were playing hide and seek, could make the other kids laugh..." Jongin stopped and lifted his head to fixed his eyes with Sehun's. "...but I couldn't. I'm not Taemin, and I couldn't be like him."

Sehun watched as Jongin pursed his lips for a while before continued.

"The kids disliked me. I could feel it. I was so nervous around them, and that's why I chose to stick around Taemin all the time. I felt like, if I wasn't with Taemin, the kids would hurt me." Jongin sighed. "Then after some time, Taemin started to leave me for his friends. I was alone and sad. In the break time I just sat on the chair and wrote whatever crossed my mind. I was a total loner."

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, giving all his attention toward Jongin.

"But then Chanyeol came to me. He was asked to return a marker that his teacher borrowed from our class. And then we met."

Sehun noticed a sparkle of happiness on Jongin's eyes.

"He talked to me, but I wasn't responding at first. I was scared, because he looked so bright and talkative. But as the time passed he happened to be very nice and loving. He came to my class every breaktime came. That's when our friendship started." Jongin smiled. "Ever since that day, we are inseparable."

Sehun blinked before slowly nodded.

Wow. They've been friends for such a long long time.

"So... You... Didn't really spend your childhood with Taemin?" Sehun asked hastily. He was being extra careful since Taemin's name seemed to be a senstive topic for Jongin.

Jongin nodded his head. "I didn't dare to disturb him. He was having so much fun with his friends."

"So..." Sehun bit his lower lip. "That's why... You guys aren't close?"

Jongin blinked before shook his head. "We used to be close. Even though we weren't together in school, we talked a lot in house. Well... That was... Until the senior highschool come."

"What happened in senior highschool?" Sehun asked again.

Jongin didn't immediately answer. He just stared at Sehun. "Do you really want to know?"

"Ah- it's okay if you don't want to tell me." Sehun said almost immediately. He didn't want Jongin to end up being all angry again.

"It just-" Jongin cut Sehun off. "-I don't feel like I'm needed."

The two fell into a silence.

"Huh?" Sehun was the one who broke the weird atmosphere. "What do you mean, you are not needed?"

"Taemin has a lot of friends already, so he rarely has a time for me. Even worse then back then in elementary school. He used to go out with his clique and I was alone in the house. He asked me to join him many times but I rejected. I guess... I just don't want to disturb him by being clingy to him like back then in elementary school." Jongin said while playing with his fingers. "So... I'm staying far away from him. Since then. We rarely meet too."

"And you spent your school days with Chanyeol?"

"No." Jongin shook his head. "We both took the different senior highschool. We only got to hangout after school's time but in school itself, I was just... Playing around alone."

"For three years?"

"Hmm." Jongin nodded. "Well I do have some friends but... Not much. Just two or three. But it's enough for me."

Sehun just stay silent. He didn't know what to say or how to respond.

"Sometimes I feel left out, you know." Jongin said again. "Sometimes I feel lonely and I feel like I don't belong to this world."

Sehun widened his eyes. "Why?"

Jongin stared at Sehun before tore his gaze away. "People always compares me and Taemin, because we are twins. Our looks, brains, personality..."

Sehun gulped. Well he's one of that people.

"And I'm always the one that lacking behind, in everything. My parents had never said that directly, but I know they are disappoint in me. Taemin is better than I. He's smarter, prettier, more talented... Taemin is a perfection, while I'm... I'm Just a part of his shadow." Jongin sighed and looked up from his shoes. "The reason why I was mad at you that time, when you mentioned Taemin continuously..."

Sehun blinked and focusing his attention toward Jongin.

"...I'm afraid that Taemin will take away one of the least valuable thing that I have. I once crushed on a senior in my highschool. I madly adored him... But he happened to... Ended up liking Taemin. That's when I started to be afraid of Taemin. I'm afraid he will take away my love. I'm afraid he will take away you."

Sehun's breath hitched when he noticed a glimpse of Jongin's tears that threatened to fall from the boy's eyes.

"Maybe I'm so childish, but I just feel this is not fair. Taemin is pretty, smart and all... But why he also has to attract things that I love?" Jongin crinckled his nose. "So... I'm so sorry for the things that I've done y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter