Chapter 31 - Explotion

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Let the hidden words spoken, I know that I'm not the one for you.

Have never been, and will never be.

If giving up is the way to free me from these, then let it be.

When you feel that you have to stop running, do it.

Shout out your worries, free yourself.

If it's not meant for you, leave.

Let the destiny find its own place back in this tiny little world.

 

 

 

 

Jongin stared at his latest blog post for the last time before sighed. His heart throbbed in pain whenever Sehun's face flashed through his mind.

Chanyeol had already fallen asleep with earphones both on his ears. He went to sleep once he finished the plane's meal. Chanyeol studied a lot these days and instead of having a date with his pillow and bed, he stayed up late for his books instead. No wonder the 8 hours sleep he took last night still hadn't enough.

Jongin turned his head to his right and met Chanyeol's calm sleeping face.

The giant's eyes were shut tightly, hid the rich brown colored orbs behind them. His small red lips parted a little, creating a cute view for Jongin.

Jongin watched as Chanyeol's chest rose up and down. Chanyeol was really in a deep slumber.

Jongin shifted in his seat and took a better view of Chanyeol's face. To those flawless soft milky white skin, tall nose, perfectly moistured lips, and down to his v-line. Chanyeol was beautiful and Jongin had known it from the start. Back then in senior high, Chanyeol was one of those popular kid. He had the looks, the brain, and also personality. Jongin loved to hang around Chanyeol's school. He would waiting for the older to come out from his classes and they both would go get patbingsu while chatting around. Jongin could remember clearly how the girls and boys turned their attention to Chanyeol whenever he passed by.

Jongin bit his lower lip. Well, he had never thought Chanyeol's type would be him. An ugly duckling Kim Jongin. Jongin thought Chanyeol's type would be the hot y Bora or the natural beauty Sandara from his senior highschool. Chanyeol ended up choosing him.

Jongin's eyebrows knitted together as he examined Chanyeol's face. Was this boy even serious with his confession last time? The more Jongin thought about that, the more it didn't make sense. Well, Sehun even lied to him. Chanyeol wasn't an exception either. But Chanyeol is his best friend. Would Chanyeol had that heart to lie to him?

Jongin let out a long sigh and he moved back to his original position, no longer boring holes on Chanyeol's face. The dark-skinned boy turned his attention outside, shifting his attention toward the clouds. It looked like cotton candies.

Jongin's lips curved into a smile. He laid his head on the window. To be high above the sky, feet no longer touching the ground... Jongin still couldn't believe that he finally could fly on the plane again.

How does it feel to be dead? Would it feel good? Would it mean no longer pain on the earth? Would it mean happiness?

Jongin blinked as a sudden hotness appeared on the corner of his eyes.

Would it mean to be loved? Would it mean there was no longer betrayal? Would it mean no longer one-sided-love?

Jongin raised his hand slowly, fingers touching the surface of the window.

Would it be good to die?

Jongin was surprised with the sudden noise from the plane's speaker. The stewardess gave the information that their plane was about to landing on a few minutes. Jongin's face brightened and he turned to shook Chanyeol lightly.

"Chanyeollie, Chanyeollie! We've arrived!"

Chanyeol slowly stirred on his seat, slowly opening his tired eyes. He blinked for a while and pull his earphones out of his ears. "We've arrived?"

"Almost." Jongin smiled brightly. "In a few minutes we will be landing in Japan!"

"A few minutes?" Chanyeol laughed. "Just a few minutes. Let me go to sleep again."

"Hei, Chanyeol!" Jongin pouted as he shook his best friend's arm. "Don't sleep! I've been watching you sleep for hours!"

"You watched me sleep?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrows. "What does that mean?"

"W-what?" Jongin was taken a back with the question.

"Did you just admiring my handsome face while I sleeping?" Chanyeol asked while rising his eyebrows up and down with a teasing expression on his face.

"N-no!" Jongin's face heated up since Chanyeol stated the truth. "I- I didn't!"

Chanyeol just chuckled even though he secretly hope Jongin really did. His eyes shifted to the outside of the window. "Oh, look!"

Jongin turned his head from Chanyeol's face to the direction that Chanyeol was pointing. "Huh?"

"It's Japan."

Jongin's eyes widened when he finally could see Japan's land from above. The modern country was perfectly decorated neatly, created an eyecandy for those who were watching from the sky.

"It's Japan..." Jongin gasped as he moved his face closer to the window. His eyes shone in pure excitement when he saw his dream's country.

"It's Japan." Chanyeol chuckled.

Jongin could feel his adrenaline rushed though his ears. His knuckles went white due to his excitement.

"Do you like what you see?" Chanyeol asked while putting down his iPod back to his bag.

"I do..." Jongin whispered. His eyes glittered in tears. Not because of sadness, but because he felt so touched. He really really was about to land on his dream country.

Jongin's grin went wider.

Finally, Japan.

One of his dreams come true!

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Key was staring out from his bedroom in boredom. He played with his nails and sighed.

"This is really boring," Key pouted as he paced around his bedroom.

It had been four days since he came home from jail and his parents had forbid him to go anywhere. Key stopped infront of study table and eyed the simple styrofoam that he sticked there. It was a styrofoam that filled with photos and souvenirs. Key traced each picture of him and his friends with his fingers. There was a picture of him and Krystal, with Luna, Sulli, Amber, Victoria... There was some with his friends in highscool, friends in junior highschool...

Key stopped when he saw his photo with Taemin. It was kinda nostalgic. They took that photo back then in their senior highschool. Key had dyed his hair red and black while Taemin had his almond colored hair for the first time. They smiled so brightly, hands around each other in a friendly manner.

Key gulped down when an emotion rushed toward him. He missed Taemin. Taemin was his first bestfriend, and he's also Key's favorite bestfriend. Taemin was the one listens to him whenever he had troubles. Taemin was the one that helped him with those annoying school matter. Taemin was the one that lifts him up whenever he's down. They shared their secrets, they shared their foods, they shared their problems. Key felt like he's choking on his own tears.

He missed Taemin.

He missed Taemin's laugh, Taemin's shooting words, Taemin's smile.

He missed his bestfriend so much.

Key erased his tears with his sleeve. He was the one that breaking this friendship apart. There was no use to cry over it anymore. Taemin hated him now. Taemin must be hated him so much that the other maybe wouldn't bother to glance at him anymore.

Key gripped his chest tightly as he cried out again soundlessly.

Taemin had been really good toward him. How could he reply that kindness with such an evil plan?

"I'm sorry, Taemin-ah..." Key whispered as he touched the laughing figure on the picture. "I don't deserve a friend like you. I'm so sorry..."

Yes, Key was blinded with love. He was blinded so much that he couldn't even see how pure Taemin's affection toward him.

Jealousy, jealousy, jealousy. Key was eaten alive by jealousy. There was this quote saying, "True confidence leaves no room for jealousy. When you know you are great, you have no need to hate."

Seems like Key didn't have that kind of confidence after all.

Drrrt.

Key glanced at his phone which he had thrown on the bed carelessly. He dragged his feet toward it and took it.

A message from Onew.

Key sighed and closed his eyes. Onew had been calling and sending messages to him, a lot.

Key was hesitating to respond to them. Key was afraid that once he met Onew, he would fall for him deeper again. Key didn't want to give himself a false hope. It was hurting him and killing him softly.

Key threw his phone away, leaving the message unread. He slammed his body on the bed and stared at the ceiling.

He also missed Onew. The gentle smile, the crescent shaped eyes...

Key missed every part of Onew.

Key took a strawberry-shaped doll that Onew had given to him months ago and hugged it tightly. If only this strawberry doll could turn into Onew...

Key closed his eyes and sighed.

Yesterday his dad had talked to him. His mom was also there, listening. Key's dad was beyond pissed with what Key had done. He's Kim Sooro, the well-known strict man that has no room for flaws. No matter how much he loved his son, he wouldn't let Key's stupid act left unpunished. And Sooro had decided what was the punishment.

Key opened his eyes and extended his left hand. His orbs moved, examining his fingers carefully. The fingers that once were held by Onew...

Key's lips curled into a small bitter smile. It had been a good memory, together with Onew. Key knew his feeling was only one-sided but he couldn't help to feel happy whenever he sees Onew's bright smile.

"Saranghae, Onew-ah..." Key whispered to the empty air before curled his fingers to form a small fist.

"KEY-AH!"

Key jumped when he heard his name was being shouted. He immediately sat straight on his bed.

"KEY-AH, I'M HERE FOR YOU!"

Key's eyebrows knitted together. Who was that? It couldn't be his parents or family since they called him by 'Kibum' and not 'Key'.

"KEY WILL YOU PLEASE SEE ME?"

Key's mouth hung open a little.

Wait... This voice...

"KEY, I WILL WAIT UNTIL YOU SEE ME!"

Onew?

Key jumped out from his bed and without thinking pushing his windows opened wide. There he was, Onew. He was standing infront of Key's gate, staring at Key with hopeful eyes.

"On-," Key gasped. "-what... What are you doing here?"

"Explaining myself." Onew replied. "Because what you thought wasn't true. I have stopped liking Taemin months ago."

Key's eyebrows furrowed even more. "What do you mean?"

Onew stared at Key's face. The boy looked horrible. Dark bangs hung under his eyes, skin dulled from the lack of sleep, hair messy.

Onew inhaled and closed his eyes. "You think that it is Taemin that I'm chasing for? No, Key. It's you. I don't know since when, but it's changed into you."

Key didn't answer immediately. He just stared at Onew blankly. Onew could see distrust in those dark alluring eyes.

"Maybe you don't believe me," Onew sighed. "But this is my true feeling. I swear."

Key sighed. He couldn't lose to his own feeling. He opened his mouth and paused before asking in a low voice. "How can I believe you? You always have your eyes on Taemin. You always put all your attention to Taemin. I know he's beautiful and much much better than me, but..."

Onew shook his head. "I don't, okay-, maybe I put attention to Taemin much. But it's only an affection to a little brother. Not more than that."

Key bit his lower lip. "Are you speaking like this to comfort me? Because if you do, you don't have to. I'm alright."

"No!" Onew almost snapped instantly. "I'm not comforting you! I'm just speaking the truth!"

"And why should I believe you?" Key narrowed his eyes. His heart screamed furiously to believe what Onew had said but his brain said the opposite.

"Because I love you." Onew replied with determination.

Key sighed and shut his eyes close. "Forget it, Onew. I'm a jerk. You should search yourself another person. Forget my existence."

Onew widened his eyes when he heard that. "What-? No!"

Key gave Onew one last sad smile before waving his hand. "Go home, Onew. Exams are coming."

Onew widened his eyes when Key closed his windows shut. He opened his mouth but no words came out.

Key on the other hand slumped onto the floor and cried. He had missed Onew so much and if he saw Onew's face a second longer, he was sure he would just run into the other's embrace. Key put his palms onto his face and tried to muffle the heartbreaking cries that came out from his lips. It's a goodbye. He couldn't do this anymore. No matter what happened, he and Onew were not meant to each other.

 

I have been told once but I felt the heart beating on that day

 

Key raised his head from his palm when he heard someone singing outside.

 

I know from the start I was not sure what, we sounded like it is destiny

 

Key turned his head toward the window's direction. Was it Onew?

Love me and Time will lead you Forever without breaking up I thought I was dreaming, like a real dream

It was Onew's voice. K

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter