Chapter 39 - Denial.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was making himself a good breakfast when the bell of his apartment rang.

"Hm?" The tall boy looked up from his half-filled bowl of milk and turned his head around. "My bell?"

Another ring echoed throughout the apartment and this time Chanyeol put down the box of cereal he was holding before and walked toward the door.

When the door slid open, Chanyeol was surprised to see Jongin outside.

"Jongin!" The elder yelped.

"C-chanyeol..." Jongin immediately looked down to avoid Chanyeol's eyes.

"You just went home like that last night, and you didn't even pick up the phone." Chanyeol crossed his arms. "If Taemin didn't call me, I would be waiting in the hospital until the dawn!"

Jongin's face filled with regret. "I'm... I'm s-sorry..."

"But that's okay." Chanyeol smiled. "I heard you have make up with your family."

Jongin raised his head to meet Chanyeol's smiling face. "Yes..."

"That's a good thing, then!" Chanyeol said and pushed the door wider. "Come in. Wanna have a breakfast together?"

"I have eaten..." Jongin rejected softly. "...urm... I'm here... For talking..."

Chanyeol stopped moving and stared at Jongin. "Talking? About?"

Jongin dared himself to look at Chanyeol's orbs. "...about us..."

The air around them immediately turned heavy. Chanyeol blinked for a while before cleared his throat.

"About us?"

Jongin gulped down forcefully. "Y-your confession..."

Chanyeol could feel his body tensed at the mention of his confession back then.

"...that... A-..." Jongin suddenly lost his voice. He cursed silently at how fast his well-arranged words evaporated once his eyes met Chanyeol's.

The two ended up falling into silence again. Chanyeol waited as Jongin tried to gather his words with all of his might.

"Ab- about your confession..." Jongin replayed again, wincing at how his voice trembled. "...I'm... I'm...,"

"It's a 'no', right?" Chanyeol let out a bitter smile.

Jongin felt his heart stopped beating when he heard Chanyeol's sad tone.

Oh, this couldn't be...

"I know it's a 'no', Jongin-ah. Don't worry, I've known it." Chanyeol smiled again. "I'm okay with that."

Jongin stared at Chanyeol, didn't really know what to do nor say.

"I know you like Sehun, has always been, and will always be." Chanyeol's hands clenched into tight fists.

"Chan..." Jongin gasped out. His eyes burnt hot as tears gathered on the corner. His heart pounded in pain.

Hurting his bestfriend's feeling, was the last thing Jongin had ever wanted.

"I'm okay with that." Chanyeol smiled while nodding his head. "I'm happy for you guys."

"You..." Jongin bit his lower lip. "You won't... You won't hate me, right?"

Chanyeol was stunned for a while.

Hate?

Of course no.

A lone tear rolled down from Jongin's eyes. "I... I don't want you to hate me... *sobs* y-you, you are my b-best friend *sobs*. Y-you are m-my family t-too *sobs*. I c-can't imagine h-how my life w-will be wit-, -thout you... *sobs*"

Chanyeol's head went light when he saw Jongin cried. He immediately pulled Jongin closer to his body and patted the shorter boy's head lovingly.

"Hei... Hei... I'm not going anywhere..."

Jongin burried his head on Chanyeol's well-built chest and cried. He was so afraid, he was so afraid that Chanyeol might leave him.

"I promised you that I would never leave you. Right?" Chanyeol whispered. "Even if I can't become your lover, I will keep stay here for you. I will stay as your bestfriend. I'm not going anywhere, Jongin-ah. Don't cry."

Jongin's hand fisted on Chanyeol's clothes desperately. "I'm afr-raid *sobs*, I'm s-so afraid you m-might leave me... *sobs*"

"I'm not." Chanyeol smiled as he drew a comforting circle on Jongin's back. "Come on, stop crying for me. Hei... Hei..."

Jongin didn't stop his crying. He just wanted to stay there for a few more minutes. He was so relieved that Chanyeol promised him to stay. He couldn't even imagine a world without Chanyeol, without his bestfriend.

Chanyeol on the other hand, knew that it would hurting him so much to stay as Jongin's bestfriend. To see the chemistry between Jongin and Sehun everyday.

But he had promised Jongin he wouldn't go anywhere.

He had promised Jongin he would stay.

He loved Jongin too much to care about his own feeling.

No matter how painful the tomorrows, he would stay still.

For the one that he loves unconditionally.

For Kim Jongin.

 

 

 

***

 

 

Sehun had been released from the hospital. He had no serious wounds so he was discharged in only one day.

Sehun felt his smile widened. He was in such a good mood. He had been released from the hospital, all fresh and healthy again...

... And he's been accompanied by his lover in the world, Kim Jongin.

"Is this all?" Jongin asked while putting back the last shirt back into Sehun's suitcase. "That's all."

Sehun grinned wildly. "Thank you, honey."

Jongin blinked and blushed madly when he heard that teasing tone.

"You are all red, baby."

"Sehun-ah, stop, don't look at me." Jongin whined cutely while hiding his face away from Sehun.

"You looked so cute, baby."

"Sehun, stop."

"But I miss your blushing face." Sehun said while holding both of Jongin's face. "No, don't look at me."

Jongin shut his eyes tight as he tried to pull away from Sehun's hands. "I looked ugly right now. Don't look at me this close!"

Sehun frowned. "What ugly? You don't looked ugly."

"I'm ugly." Jongin huffed when he finally could pull away. "My face bloated and my eyes are puffy."

"I don't find them ugly."

Jongin didn't answer and just busied his hands with the suitcase instead.

"Hei, baby. Look at me." Sehun said again while pulling Jongin's face into his hands again.

"Ah, Sehun-ah!" Jongin let out another whine. His eyes met Sehun's, and he went all tensed in a flash of second.

"Look." Sehun whispered. "You are so pretty. What ugly?"

Jongin pouted and avoided Sehun's eyes.

Sehun wasn't lying. Jongin looked so pretty. Flawless. That's how Jongin looked in Sehun's eyes.

"Listen to me, my love." Sehun whispered ans lowered his face to get even closer with Jongin's. "I don't want to hear you saying yourself 'ugly' anymore. Because even if the world turned upside down, you will still be pretty for me."

Jongin bit his lower lip as his face went even more red than before.

"I love you..." Sehun whispered gently before closed his eyes and leaned down toward Jongin.

Jongin blinked in surprise before slowly also closing both of his eyes down.

Closer...

Closer...

"Hei, Seh-, ups..."

Jongin and Sehun's eyes shot open and moved to the source of the voice.

Luhan, on the door.

"Aish you guys, why are you guys keep on kissing whenever I appear!" Luhan protested and closed the door harshly. "Get ready! I'm waiting in the car!"

Jongin and Sehun who were both too shock to even react just turned their heads and stared at each other for a second before broke into laughter.

"We better go now." Sehun chuckled. "Luhan could kill me if we abandon him any longer."

Jongin chuckled and nodded his head. "Yes." The two then grabbed the leftover belongings and went to the parking area.

Luhan was the one driving them back from Seoul sky hospital. He seemed to be in a hurry.

"You looked tense, Lu." Sehun said. "Are you in a rush?"

"Kinda." Luhan bit his lower lip. "I have to meet Xiumin after this."

"Wuuu..." Sehun immediately smirked. "So... Now you have been hanging out with Xiumin, huh?"

Luhan blinked nervously when he heard Sehun's tone from the back seat. "Well... You are too busy stressing out that I hang out with him more often."

"So you have to thank me." Sehun nodded his head. "When you guys will meet?"

"10 minutes from now." Luhan said. "But I don't think I will make it in just 10 minute

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter