Chapter 30 - Goodbye for a while

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 4 AM, and Chanyeol was awakened by the smell of bacon. The tall giant stirred in his sleep and opened his eyes slowly. The lamp on the top of his bed was still switched off but the one on the kitchen room wasn't.

Chanyeol rubbed his tired eyes sleepily and rose from his bed. He glanced at his side and he didn't find Jongin there.

"He's cooking," Chanyeol mumbled to himself and then turned his head to check the mini clock on the night stand.

4.01. Their plane was scheduled to leave on 9 AM. There was plenty of time left but Chanyeol had promised to bring Jongin to the hospital before they leave. Chanyeol didn't want to risk Jongin's health at all.

Chanyeol rose from his bed lazily and yawned. It was still so dark outside and that kind of lighting just lured Chanyeol to sleep but the other dodge that feeling away. Lazily, he then made his way to his kitchen.

The kitchen in Chanyeol's apartment was placed in a special room a little far away from his bed. It was mini but clean and tidy enough to work at.

Jongin was still frying the bacons when Chanyeol approached him. The tanned guy looked up from his cooking and smiled.

"You've awakened?"

"Someone awake me with a smell of bacon." Chanyeol laughed as he leaned on the kitchen's door frame. "What's for breakfast, chef?"

"Just simple breakfast," Jongin answered while tossing the now well-fried bacons on the plate. "Since someone is too lazy to even shop for grocerries."

Chanyeol chuckled as he crossed his long arms infront of his chest. "Should I shop for that? I can't turn them into edible food anyway."

Jongin sighed when he heard Chanyeol's words. Well, that giant boy was kinda true. Chanyeol couldn't cook, and he was also too busy (or too lazy) to did so. Chanyeol's fridge was only filled with chocolates and some eggs. There were bacons and sausages, but other than that the boy had nothing.

Well, unless a poor lonely tomato on the bottom of the fridge. Jongin was lucky enough to get them.

"You should get rid of those instant noodles." Jongin said, referring to Chanyeol's collection of cup noodles. "It's not healthy."

"But it could be eaten," Chanyeol said lightly. "And who cares, I just eat them once in a while. Delivery orders are always available."

"Delivery orders don't guarantee a healthy food either." Jongin grumbled. "You're a doctor and yet you can't take care of yourself."

"That's why I need a wife that cooks well." Chanyeol said without thinking.

Jongin stopped his action cracking eggs when he heard that. He looked up to see Chanyeol stared back innocently.

"What?"

"Nothing," Jongin said and finally cracked the eggs. He started to fry them and cleared his throat nervously. "Go take a bath. We should be leaving in an hour."

"Yes, sir." Chanyeol said while turning around to leave. Jongin locked his eyes on the eggs until Chanyeol entered the bathroom.

Once the click sound of the key was heard, Jongin immediately looked up from his eggs and sighed.

Chanyeol's confession.

Jongin closed his eyes and rubbed his temple. Did that kid just play around with him? Or maybe Chanyeol just lying to him so that he did the ring operation?

Jongin scoffed. Right. People around him just want to play with his heart, didn't they?

And Sehun. Jongin just checked the other once he woke up this morning. The blonde boy dissappeared. Jongin couldn't help but feeling so disappointed with that. But wasn't he the one that wanted Sehun to go?

Jongin turned off the stove and started to divided the breakfast into two plates. He put them on the table and waited for Chanyeol to finish bathing before eating the early breakfast together.

Jongin stared at his phone that he was holding. Once he had ran away from the house, he immediately changed his number. The only one that knew his number this far was only Chanyeol. That means... No Sehun too.

Jongin's thumb touched his phone and sighed for the uptenth time. Even when Sehun didn't know his new number, he still secretly hoping that the blonde boy's name would popped out on the upcoming message. But didn't Jongin want nothing to do with Sehun anymore? Jongin didn't know. Jongin was weird.

And it was Sehun that had made him one.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"You should take vitamins and limit your intake of oily food, okay?" Doctor Siwon said while scribbling down the notes under him. "Don't overwork yourself, have a nice rest."

"Yes," Jongin nodded without tearing his eyes off Siwon's note. Beside that note, there was amount of pills that Jongin should take when he's in Japan.

"And if you suddenly get trouble with your health, you can go visit my friend who is also a doctor there." Siwon said again while pulling out a name card from his drawer.

"Thanks," Chanyeol said while taking the name card and put it on his wallet.

"Okay, that's all. I hope you have a wonderful holiday." Siwon smiled brightly.

"Thanks," Jongin and Chanyeol bowed in unison before turning away to exit the examination's room.

"Are we going to the airport now?" Chanyeol asked once they had closed the door of Doctor Siwon's room.

"No, no." Jongin shook his head. "Can I visit Myungsoo first? Just 15 minutes."

Chanyeol raised his eyebrows before nodded. "Okay."

Those two then made their way to Myungsoo's patient room. Jongin peeked at the inside and found no one there. He then pushed open the door slowly.

Myungsoo was sitting on the bed, eyes fixed on something he was holding. He turned his head when he heard the door's sound and brightened when he saw his visitor.

"Omoo! Jongin hyung, Chanyeol hyung!"

"Hi!" Jongin waved his hand excitedly and approached the other boy. "What are you doing?"

"Making a loom band!" Myungsoo beamed while showing Jongin some handmade bracelet that he had created. "It's pretty, isn't it?"

"It is!" Jongin exclaimed while taki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter