Chapter 47 - Heartbeat

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bright...

Jongin scrunched up his nose when he felt a bright light hit his eyes. He closed back his previously opened his eyes and let out a small groan.

"Argh..."

Thump.

Jongin fell into silence when he heard his own heartbeat.

Thump.

Memories began to flooding Jongin's mind, turning back the time and slowly he remembered what had just happened.

Myungsoo...

Thump.

"Jongin hyung?"

Thump.

"Saranghae!"

Thump.

Jongin slowly opened his eyes, hissed lowly as he let his eyes adjusted with the brightness of the room.

After struggling for a few seconds, Jongin finally could fully opened his eyes. The first view that he saw was the bright lamp. He closed back his eyes and turned his head to the right, avoiding direct looking with the lamp.

Jongin then opened his eyes again, and this time was greeted with someone who fell asleep right beside him.

Sehun.

Jongin stared at the blonde boy's closed eyes.

Sehun put his head on his left hand while his right hand was... Holding Jongin's.

Jongin glanced at his fingers which was interwined with Sehun's.

Thump.

Jongin shifted his vision back to Sehun's face.

Sehun looked so peaceful. His lips parted a little as he continued to sleep soundlessly. Just like a baby.

Jongin lips curved into a small smile.

It's his Sehun.

Thump.

His beautiful Sehun.

Thump.

Jongin moved his free hand and slowly put it on the top of Sehun's head, playing with the other's blonde locks.

"Good morning..." Jongin whispered hoarshly.

Sehun stirred on his sleep when he felt his hair was being messed up, but he didn't immediately wake up.

Thump.

Use it to love people around you.

Thump.

Jongin tightened his interwined fingers with Sehun's.

Sehun, feeling the sudden preassure, slowly waking up. He slowly opened his eyes and blinked his tired eyes. Sehun slowly raised his head and and turned it to Jongin's direction. He was so surprised when he saw his boyfriend had waken up.

"J-jong..."

Jongin stared at his boyfriend. A sudden warmth filled his chest, pumping more blood right to his head.

Thump.

Thump.

"Sehun-ah..." Jongin smiled.

Sehun felt his world turned upside down when he heard Jongin's voice. Without saying anything, the blonde boy immediately pull Jongin to a tight hug.

Jongin closed his eyes and smiled when he felt the familiar scent of his boyfriend filled his sense.

Thump.

His heartbeat increased, but Jongin didn't find anything uncomfortable.

No more a tight feeling which choked him.

Just...

Thump.

Warmth.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

The first thing that Chanyeol did once he regained his conciousness was...

"Sunggyu-ssi!"

Chanyeol straightened his body immediately to a sitting position when he Sunggyu was nowhere in his sight.

"!"

Chanyeol immediately felt all his body went weak and numb.

Sunggyu...

Chanyeol tried to pull his body out of the bed and ended up falling to the floor with loud thump.

"Ah!" Chanyeol winced as he slowly pulled his body back to a sitting position.

The tall boy turned to glance at the clock on Sunggyu's apartment room.

9 AM in the morning.

That meant, he had fainted without even prevented Sunggyu from doing anything yesterday.

Fresh tears flew down onto Chanyeol's cheeks.

Is he... Too late already?

"Chanyeol-ssi!"

Chanyeol's head shot up when he heard his name being called up. He turned his head to the right in surprise to find Sunggyu on the door, holding a kitchen utensil.

"W-what hap-," Sunggyu looked panicked. The sharp eyed boy approached Chanyeol and immediately lowered his body to reach Chanyeol's level. "D-did you fall? A-are you hurt... Anywhere?"

Chanyeol was too shocked to even talk. Seeing Sunggyu all healthy and fresh infront of him...

"Chanyeol-ssi! Why are you crying?" Sunggyu went even more panicked when Chanyeol cried harder.

Chanyeol didn't reply. His tears just couldn't stop flowing when he saw Sunggyu. He was so afraid. So afraid that he had lost Sunggyu. That's why when he saw Sunggyu standing there, he was so happy. So happy that the tears wouldn't stop.

"Chanyeol-ssi!" Sunggyu put his hands on both of Chanyeol's shoulder after putting down the kitchen utensil he was holding.

Chanyeol closed both of his eyes tightly and he shook his head. "I...-, I thought-, I thought-..."

Sobs and sobs left Chanyeol's lips.

! ! How could he become a crybaby like this? Chanyeol's a strong and manly man, he had never cried so easily. But he didn't know why, he could cry this easily infront of Sunggyu.

Chanyeol always wanted to looked strong and reliable. He wanted people around him to count on him, making him the reason to stay strong.

But this time... It's an exception.

With Sunggyu, It's an exception.

Sunggyu grabbed a tissue box on the night time table and grabbed some tissue papers from it. He immediately leaned and dabbed the wet tears on Chanyeol's cheeks until it all dried.

Sunggyu sighed and shot his hand to checked on Chanyeol's body temperature.

"Are you feeling any pain?" Sunggyu asked. "Headache?"

Chanyeol slowly stopped crying and he shook his head.

"Then, why are you crying?" Sunggyu asked.

Chanyeol looked up to meet Sunggyu's eyes. A sniffle came out from his lips. "I'm... I'm sorry..."

"Eh?" Sunggyu tilted his head to the left. "Why are you saying sorry?"

"I thought... You were gone..."

Sunggyu stared at Chanyeol in shock. His lips parted open and he blinked several times. He fixed his attention on Chanyeol's face before slowly broke into a small smile.

"Stupid. How can I leave you when you are sick like this?" Sunggyu asked. "I'm cooking for your breakfast. You have to eat, and then drink medicine."

Chanyeol stared at Sunggyu. "So... You aren't leaving me. You are not going to leave me, right?"

Sunggyu furrowed his eyebrows. He stared at Chanyeol for a while before rose from his sitting position. "I'm bringing you food. Wait there."

Sunggyu then left for the kitchen. When he arrived, he immediately closed the door. He glued his back onto the door, inhaled deeply, closed his eyes and released his breath.

Chanyeol...

What he was actually doing?

 

"If you still want to search for any reason to live... can I... Become the... Reason...?"

 

Sunggyu slowly opened his eyes when Chanyeol's words was being replayed again and again on his mind.

"That Park..." Sunggyu hissed and sighed.

Chanyeol's sad expression was displayed once again on his mind.

Thump...

Thump...

Sunggyu tsked and walked toward the stove. He immediately grabbed a big spoon and started to taking some porridge, moving it into a small bowl.

Sunggyu then opened the drawer and looked for a cold medicine. When he found it, he put it on the tray along with the porridge and a glass of warm water.

Sunggyu put his right hand on the door knob, mentally preparing his heart to meet Chanyeol again.

Thump.

Calm down, stupid heart.

Thump.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter