Chapter 26 - Illness.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mister Kim Kibum. You are caught because of your attempt to terrorize Kim Taemin and his twin." A police with big built body said and showing a handcuff. "You are coming with us to the police station."

Key didn't talk much. With his expressionless face, he offered his hands and the police cuffed them together.

Taemin, Minho, Onew and Jonghyun were standing outside of the broadcasting room. They watched as the police officers guided Key out.

Key walked passed Taemin, Jonghyun and Minho without giving them a glance but when he reached Onew, the cat-eye boy stopped. He turned his head to the left, stared at Onew. A smile curled on Key's lips.

"I'm sorry." Key said with low voice. "I have embarrased you."

Onew just blinked away his foggy eyes. His eyes traced Key's expression carefully, noticing how pale and skinny the cat-eye boy had become.

"Onew-ah," Key whispered out. Tears swelled on his eyes. "Saranghae..."

With that statement, the police pushed Key lightly as a signal for him to walk on. Onew's eyes followed how Key was being taken away from him. Key glanced at him for one last time, gave a slight smile before turned away and never looked back anymore.

Minho and Jonghyun both peeked at Onew's expression in sympathy. They could see pure sadness on the boy's face.

"Onew-ah..." Jonghyun called out.

Onew turned his head toward Jonghyun.

"A-... Are you okay?" Jonghyun asked carefully.

Onew gulped down forcefully. He turned his head back to watch Key who was being shoved down onto the car. A little too rough for Onew's liking.

"Onew-ah..." Minho called out when they received no answer from Onew.

Onew stared as two well-built police entered the car, sitting on Key's right side and left side. The door was being closed and Onew felt his heart fell.

"Key..." Onew whispered while taking a step forward and watched as the police's car left the spot.

Minho and Jonghyun didn't say anything. They could see how Onew was so shocked with everything that had just happened.

Onew happened to come to the broadcasting room earlier than Key had thought. The boy reached the door just when Key slapped Taemin on the face. Onew then heard all Key's ramble and he decided to hide himself not far from the door.

Yes, Onew had heard everything.

Minho and Jonghyun came when they heard the radio's broadcast. They came right after Sehun left the spot, listened to what was actually happening and ended up standing straight inside of the room.

"It wasn't Key's fault..." Onew whispered. "The police couldn't just catch him like that."

"What do you mean?" Taemin who was really in a deep emotional mix snapped. "If it wasn't his fault, then whose fault is this? Key is the one who blackmails me! He's the one who just hurt my twin!"

Minho who saw his boyfriend suddenly went hysteric immediately rushed over and calmed the other down. Minho was also angry toward Key when he found out about what was happening, but he was torn up between confusion of what was actually happening and confusion of what to do or to say in that situation. Minho was mature enough to not let his feelings got over his logical thinking and that was the reason he just stay silent. The same thing also happened to Jonghyun who was standing frozen not really far from them.

Onew turned his head toward Taemin. "If there's anyone to be blamed, it's me."

"What?" Taemin gasped. "What do you mean? You- you are allied up with him t-to be against me too? You?"

Minho hugged Taemin's frail body tighter. "Taemin-ah, calm down. It's not what you think."

Onew gulped. He knew Taemin was being too furious, confused and scared now. The boy then turned toward the spot where Key had just left.

Key had gone, and he took something away from Onew.

He had taken half of Onew's life away.

Onew found himself tightening his fists and suddenly dashed out of the room, dropping something on the cold ground due to his fast movement.

"Onew!" Jonghyun called out in surprise. Both Minho and Taemin turned their heads to saw how Onew had dissappeared from the room.

"Where's he going?" Taemin asked with shaky voice.

"Police station of course," Jonghyun said. He sighed then walked toward the door. He bowed down to pick up the thing that Onew had dropped before. It was a pendant.

"He's there to help Key?" Taemin asked in disbelief.

"He's there to clear up the misunderstanding." Jonghyun said while clicking open the pendant.

Taemin and Minho watched as Jonghyun walked toward them with the opened pendant on his right hand.

"Because everything..." Jonghyun said while offered his hand toward Minho and Taemin. "Has never been like what Key think."

It was a pendant with a small photo of a boy on it.

Key's photo.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Chanyeol waited anxiously outside of the patient's room. The doctor had run the CT scan examination like what Chanyeol asked before.

Chanyeol glanced at his wrist watch. 3.49 PM. The tall boy bit his lip worriedly and kept stealing glances at the examination room.

Chanyeol sighed when he saw no one came out from the room. He looked down at his phone and widened his eyes when he remembered something.

Key!

Chanyeol punched Taemin's number on his phone and waited for the almond haired boy to answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Taemin!" Chanyeol blurted out. "It's- it's about the culprit that terrorized you! I- Irene told us that I was Key! Did you-"

"Oh yes, Key has been caught already." Taemin replied.

"Oh, really?" Chanyeol blinked. "Good, then!"

Taemin didn't reply and Chanyeol sighed.

"I'm sorry. I know that he's your best friend."

"..."

"Are you okay now?"

"...I am..." Taemin said with a shaking voice and Chanyeol could tell the other wasn't alright. Not at all.

"You will get over it." Chanyeol said, encouraging Taemin.

"I hope..." Taemin replied. "Ah, by the way Chanyeol hyung, where are you? Are you with Jongin right now?"

"Ah, me?" Chanyeol lifted his head from his lap. "I'm now in the h-"

Chanyeol's words stopped when a doctor came out from the examination room with some nurses guided him.

"I'll call you later." Chanyeol whispered to Taemin before turning off the phone and approached the doctor.

"Mr. Park." The doctor said with his heavy voice. "Please follow me to my room."

"Yes, doctor." Chanyeol nodded and followed the tall doctor to his room.

"So..." That doctor with Choi Siwon written on his name tag began once both him and Chanyeol had sat on the chair. "After doing two examinations to Mr. Kim Jongin, the results were both showing that Mr. Kim Jongin ..."

Chanyeol waited nervously as the doctor looked at his eyes seriously.

"...has a coronary heart disease."

Chanyeol widened his eyes at the mention of Jongin's disease. "H-heart disease?"

"Yes, and since it has been left uncured, it's getting worse and worse everyday." Dr. Siwon added. "We should do a small operation to put on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter