Chapter 46 - Don't leave

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin read the letter from Myungsoo for the tenth times that day. He was sitting on the patient bed, with surgery gown on.

Mr. and Mrs. Kim looked tense, standing outside of Jongin's room.

Taemin was also all pale, sitting on the waiting chair. That time he called Minho to accompany him.

Jongin turned his head to the left and glanced outside. Sehun was there, right infront of the door. The blonde boy was lying his head on the glass door, looking extremely tired. His eyes were closed.

Guilt crept into Jongin's heart. He had been letting his family going anxious these days. They looked tired, sleep deprived and worried.

Jongin slowly averted his gaze away from his family and back to Myungsoo's letter.

 

"Jongin hyung. It's a good name!"

"That's why... I've decided to not think about it! I maybe have lost my ability to walk, but I still can talk, feel, hear, smell... And see a beautiful hyung is sitting infront of me right now!"

"Jongin hyung?"

"Jongin hyung!"

"Hyung!"

"Hyung~"

"Saranghae..."

 

 

Jongin bit his lower lip hard as he fought with the urge of crying. He immediately folded the letter into two and put it on the small table beside his bed.

Myungsoo...

The door of Jongin's room being pushed open. Two nurses came and approached Jongin.

"Jongin-ssi, good evening." A nurse with nametag 'Lee Ji Eun' on her chest smiled. "Are you ready for the operation?"

Jongin blinked. A fear flashed through his eyes.

"Don't worry. Everything will be alright." Ji Eun smiled. She then gently detached the infuse out of Jongin's wrist.

The other nurse prepared a wheel-chair for Jongin and helped him to get on it.

"We are now will be leaving for the operation room." Ji Eun said with her sweet gentle voice.

Jongin nodded his tensed head and gulped down nervously.

The other nurse opened the door of Jongin's room and helped Ji Eun to push Jongin's wheelchair out. Seeing her son was pushed out of the room, Mrs. Kim immediately stood up and walked after them.

"H-how long will we have to wait?" Mrs. Kim asked.

"Maybe around two hours, madam." Ji Eun answered. "Once the operation light is turned off, that means the operation has been done."

Mrs. Kim turned at her pale son. Her hand touched Jongin's cheek and rubbed it gently.

"Don't worry. Mom will be waiting for you, okay?"

Jongin nodded and smiled, tried hard to hide his fear deep inside. He didn't want to show his mom his weak side. He had to be strong.

They stopped infront of the operation room. Jongin was being lifted up again and this time he was laid on the bed for the patient.

"Come out save and sound, okay?" Mrs. Kim whispered and kissed Jongin's forehead. "Mom, dad and Taemin will be waiting for you. Okay? Sehun will also be here. We won't go anywhere so please be okay. Okay?"

Jongin nodded and smiled. "Yes, mom."

Sehun also approached his boyfriend. He stopped beside Jongin and held the tanned boy's hand.

Jongin turned his head and met Sehun's eyes.

Sehun put a small preassure on Jongin's hand, but making sure he didn't hurt the other.

"Fighting."

Jongin flashed a smile and nodded. "Fighting..."

With that, the nurses slowly pushed the bed into the operating room.

Two doctors came a moment later. One of them was doctor Siwon. He was holding a box on his right hand.

"Doctor Siwon!" Mrs. Kim approached the male doctor and held his hand. "P-please save my kid. Okay?"

Doctor Siwon smiled. "I will do my best. Don't worry, Mrs. Kim. Jongin-ssi will be alright."

With that last word, the two doctors entered the operating room.

And the red light was .

The operation had started.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Chanyeol looked down on his feet.

It was snowing in Seoul, transferring coldness throughout Chanyeol's feet, up to his body. The tall boy was now standing infront of Sunggyu's apartment. He had been searching around the hospital for hours and finally decided to go out.

"Where are you, Kim Sunggyu..." Chanyeol whispered to empty air. He slid down onto the wooden floor of the small apartment's balcony.

Some snows were falling to his body but he didn't care. He would be waiting for Sunggyu.

Chanyeol was helpless, actually. He's afraid that Sunggyu would jump out to the river again, like what he did two days ago. He's also afraid that Sunggyu got into accident. He got even more worried if he imagined Sunggyu got kidnapped, and , and killed. But Chanyeol's instinct kept on screaming, house! And that's why Chanyeol abandoned his thick doctoral books that he should had been studied for the next day's exam.

He even left Jongin on the hospital, only to look for Sunggyu.

Chanyeol sighed. He rubbed his two palms, seeked out for warmth.

Kim Sunggyu...

Kim Sunggyu...

Kim Sunggyu...

Where did that kid go?

Chanyeol looked around. Gladly the fierce looking girl, Sunggyu's neighbor, was nowhere to be seen. She hadn't comeback, judging from the lights that weren't .

Chanyeol coughed and started to shiver. It's getting colder and colder.

Chanyeol was also getting sleepy.

Chanyeol pull the coat around his neck higher, almost burrying his whole face inside of it. His lips started to tremble.

Ugh...

Where did Sunggyu go?

Chanyeol was almost give up to sleepiness when he felt someone stopped infront of him.

"Chanyeol-ssi!"

Chanyeol's eyes shot open when he recoqnized the familiar voice.

Sunggyu's!

Sunggyu was standing infront of Chanyeol, eyes wide. His right hand was holding a plastic bag.

"W-w-what are you d-doing here?" Sunggyu stuttered, totally surprised with the sudden visit.

Chanyeol stood up, dusting off the snow that fell to his pants without tearing his eyes off Sunggyu.

"Chanyeol-ssi..." Sunggyu was totally dumbfounded. "You... Why..."

Chanyeol didn't know what his body was doing. All he knew the next second was, he hugged Sunggyu. He hugged him tight. So tight.

"I've been looking for you everywhere!" Chanyeol cried out. "You worried the hell out of me!"

Sunggyu was frozen on his spot. Chanyeol's large body was enveloping his smaller one, making it so difficult for him to move. And another problem is...

"You are freezing!" Sunggyu wriggled out of Chanyeol's hold. "C-come on. Let me take you inside."

Chanyeol didn't resist when Sunggyu took his other arm, unlocked the door and brought him inside.

"What do you think you are doing, out there alone in this cold winter day?" Sunggyu scolded Chanyeol and guided him to sit on the sofa.

Chanyeol didn't reply. He trembled in cold, shivering hard. Sunggyu sighed and ran to turn the room heater up. He grabbed a thick blanket which was folded into two on his bed and wrapped it around Chanyeol's body.

"Wait here, I'll look for a towel and dry clothes." Sunggyu said and turned to leave Chanyeol.

Chanyeol snuggled closer to the thick blanket, tried to warm up his body even just a little. He glanced around the apartment while waiting for Sunggyu to comeback.

The apartment was spacious, large enough for two person to fits in. Slightly smaller than Chanyeol's, but it's definitely not a cheap apartment. It was quite expensive instead.

Chanyeol glanced at the door leading toward the bathroom and wardrobe area which was still closed.

Sunggyu wasn't an ordinary office worker. His payment must be pretty high so he could pay for the apartment's rent and Myungsoo's hospital fee.

Chanyeol's eyes scanned the furniture Sunggyu was using, how the walls were painted in creamy blue, and Sunggyu's family photos hanging around. It was decorated neat and artistic.

Chanyeol pursed his lips, feeling a little more curious about Sunggyu's real profession. He sighed and pull the blanket to cover all of his body.

Pluk.

Chanyeol's head popped out again when he accidentally knocked something on the sofa and it fell to the floor.

A small white bottle.

Chanyeol frowned and took a closer look of that bottle. He slowly picked it up and eyed it. It came out from the white plastic bag Sunggyu was holding when he came back.

Chanyeol turned the bottle around, searching for any explanation and stopped when he discovered a big 'SLEEPING PILLS' there.

"Sleep-," Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. "What is this?"

Chanyeol then extended his hand to reach for the empty plastic bag.

So the only thing that Sunggyu bought was slee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter