Chapter 27 - Change.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin was walking through the hospital's lobby. He was fully dressed in light blue pajamas, waiting for his operation. Jongin had never gotten himself any operation and he was extremely nervous. Chanyeol had to leave for the operation's administration so Jongin decided to take a short trip around the hospital. His operation would be started an hour later anyway.

Jongin puffed his cheeks slightly. At the end he ended up have to spend money on his hospital's fee. Jongin forbid Chanyeol to tell his family about the heart disease Jongin was having. He had got the title as 'a useless kid'. He didn't want to be called 'a troublesome kid' too so he ended up paying his hospital fee with half of his saving up.

"Goodbye, Japan..." Jongin whined before dragged his feet back to his room.

Jongin pushed the door of a room open and entered it. He shifted his gaze from the floor to the bed and frowned when he saw a boy was sitting on the top of his bed. The boy was also staring at him with the same surprised expression. He had a jet-black hair, a pair of sharp eyes, and a small lips.

"Err..." Jongin awkwardly straightened his body. "W-who are you?"

"E-eh?" The unknown boy raised his eyebrows high, clearly confused with the sudden question.

Jongin turned his head and narrowed his eyes to read the room number that was sticked outside through the glasses window. He widened his eyes when he discovered that he had just entered the wrong room!

"I'm sorry!" Jongin gasped. "I thought this was my room!"

The boy blinked once before finally chuckled. "Ah... No problem!"

Jongin was stunned with how cute that boy looked when he smiled. The way that those small eyes turned into a crescent shape of eye smile was a pleasing view for anyone who see it.

"I- I'm sorry." Jongin bowed down and his heels, ready to dash out of the room.

"Eh, wait!" The boy called out, extending his right hand to stopped Jongin's movement.

Jongin turned his head back at the jet-black haired boy.

The boy gave him a super sweet smile. "Are you... Busy?"

Jongin frowned when he heard the question. He slowly shook his head.

"Can you... Accompany me here?" The jet-black haired boy asked. "I'm lonely..."

Jongin pursed his lips together, thinking about it. He looked around to find no one else was in the room. It was only the jet-black haired boy. Chanyeol wouldn't be back any sooner after all.

Jongin slowly turned his body and approached the boy who was sitting on the bed. The boy let out a sweeter smile and straightened his body a little forcefully.

"Hi. My name is Myungsoo." The jet-black haired boy smiled while handed his small pale hand toward Jongin.

"H-hi." Jongin replied. "I'm... Jongin."

"Hmm..." Myungsoo nodded his head, small smile still being played on his cherry lips.

Jongin sat awkwardly beside Myungsoo, didn't really know what to do.

"I sent my hyung home a while ago because he has been staying here for days!" Myungsoo, the jet-black haired boy said. "I'm afraid he'll get sick."

Jongin blinked before nodded his head. "Your hyung... Must be tired..."

Myungsoo nodded without letting go of his smile. "He's the only who can take care of me."

Jongin tilted his head in confusion when he heard that. "What do you mean?"

"I am an orphan." Myungsoo answered. "And so does my big brother."

Jongin widened his eyes and immediately went nervous. "I- I'm sorry..."

"No, don't be!" Myungsoo grinned. "There's nothing to be sorry for!"

Jongin stared at how Myungsoo smiled. The small pale boy smiled freely, as if there was nothing that bother him. Alone in a patient room, sitting on the bed without doing anything... Jongin felt his eyes went hot. He blinked back a tear that formed on his eyes and smiled.

"Myungsoo-ah, how old are you?"

"Me?" Myungsoo asked while pointing at himself. "I'm 17!"

"Sev-seventeen?" Jongin widened his eyes. How young!

"What about you?" Myungsoo asked.

"I'm..." Jongin hesitated a little. "N-nineteen."

"Nine-" Myungsoo's mouth gaped open. "Omona! Hyung! I'm sorry that I use banmal!"

Jongin immediately shook his head. "I-it's okay. Just use a banmal. It's- it's not a big gap age anyway."

"Jongin hyung," Myungsoo tested on his tongue. His eyes shone and a smile was back on his lips. "It's a good name!"

"What- a good name." Jongin laughed at the innocent comment.

"But it is a good name, right? Why hyung is laughing?" Myungsoo also chuckled. His pale face pinked a little.

"Yes, it's a good name." Jongin said at the end. "Aigo, look at you. You are blushing."

Myungsoo held his cheeks softly and pouted. "I'm too pale, that's why my face looked pink whenever I laugh."

Jongin stared at Myungsoo's pale skin before nodded in agreement. "You are right. You are too pale. You need to get more sunlight."

"I'd love to!" Myungsoo clasped his hands together. "But I can't."

"Why?" Jongin widened his eyes.

"I can't even stand up anymore now." Myungsoo said. "The doctor forbid me to move around too much either."

Jongin blinked. Suddenly some questions popped out in his mind. "Why? What's your illness?"

Myungsoo turned his head toward Jongin before smiled. "Ataxia."

Jongin frowned, before opened his mouth. "...ah..."

"My body has been slowly shutting down lately, that's why I can't go around too much." Myungsoo smiled. "Without my brother, I will be trapped in this room. That's why I get pretty lonely."

Jongin felt his heart shaken when he heard the other's story. Jongin couldn't understand. How could the other boy smile when his life was a misery? Trapped in a patient room, body slowly disabled, and moreover...

"Aren't you..." Jongin slowly asked. "...aren't you scared?"

Myungsoo blinked before sighed. "I am scared, hyung. I'm scared because I don't know what will happen tomorrow. What if my vision dissappear? What if I can't talk anymore?"

Jongin felt his heart clenched when Myungsoo said that.

"But worrying won't give me anything. It will only make me get more afraid and anxious as the time goes by." Myungsoo said while grinning. "That's why... I've decided to not think about it! I maybe have lost my ability to walk, but I still can talk, feel, hear, smell... And see a beautiful hyung is sitting infront of me right now!"

Jongin blinked and chuckled. "Are you flirting with me?"

"E-eh?" Myungsoo widened his eyes and shook it furiously. "N-no! I'm not! I m-mean, it's- it's a compliment!"

Jongin chuckled and raised his right hand, rested it on the top of Myungsoo's head. "You are wonderful, Myungsoo-ah. You are strong. You are brave."

Myungsoo smiled at the compliment. "I just don't want to live my life crying over something that I can't change."

Jongin smiled even wider. He nodded. "Hyung agree."

"What about hyung?" Myungsoo asked curiously. "What is hyung doing here?"

"Ermm..." Jongin pressed his lips into a thin line. "Hyung... Hyung is having a heart disease."

Myungsoo's small lips parted open a little. "Heart disease..."

Jongin nodded awkwardly. Well, compared to Myungsoo's disease, Jongin didn't feel like his illness was too much.

Myungsoo's lips curled into a smile. "Hyung can get over with that disease. Hyung will be healed."

Jongin stared at Myungsoo. "Y-you think so?"

Myungsoo nodded with a big smile. "A cure for all the sickness in the world is not a medicine, hyung."

Jongin knitted his eyebrows.

"It's happiness."

Jongin blinked without tearing his gaze over Myungsoo's beautiful face. Jongin was about to say something when he felt his phone vibrated. Jongin peeked at it. When he found Chanyeol's name written there, he immediately answer the call.

"Hello?"

"Jongin-ah, where are you?" Chanyeol asked with worried tone. "Why you are not in your room?"

"O-oh, I'm coming back now." Jongin replied and cut the connection off.

Jongin looked up to find Myungsoo was staring at him with those big black orbs.

"I should go back." Jongin said. He didn't want to go back yet actually. He wanted to spend more time talking to Myungsoo. The younger boy was so interesting.

"Okay." Myungsoo nodded and flashed a cute grin. "Take care, hyung!"

Jongin smiled and nodded. He lifted his body off the chair before patted Myungsoo's head one more time. "I will comeback."

Myungsoo's eyes sparkled when he heard that and nodded. "I will be waiting!"

Jongin smiled heartfully and waved his hand. He then escaped the small boy's room and went back to his own room.

Chanyeol was standing outside with a worried expression. When his eyes met Jongin's, the tall boy huffed loudly and approached him.

"I thought you wanted to escape the operation!" Chanyeol barked. "I am so worried! Where have you been?"

"I visited a friend," Jongin smiled sheepishly.

"What?" Chanyeol raised his eyebrows. "A friend?"

"Yes," Jongin smiled. "I just make a new friend."

Chanyeol stared at Jongin for a while before broke into a small smile. "Who's your new friend?"

"I will introduce you to him later." Jongin said without letting his smile off. "You are quite long. What have you been doing?"

"I took care of the hospital's fee and went to your doctor for a small discussion." Chanyeol said.

"Small discussion?" Jongin frowned. "What kind of discussion?"

"Nothing." Chanyeol grinned. He then slipped his hand on his backpack. "After you finish with your operation, you gonna need to rest for a few weeks... Then after that..."

Jongin watched as Chanyeol took out two long paper and handed it to him.

Jongin took it away and shifted his eyes through every words that written there. His eyes widened immediately.

It's a ticket.

"Chanyeol-ah, this..." Jongin gasped.

"Yep." Chanyeol smiled.

"We are going to Japan."

 

 

***

 

 

Sehun sighed and slumped on the front door of Chanyeol's apartment. He had been standing there for hours but nobody walked out of the door. Taemin told him that Jongin would be staying with Chanyeol for a day. Taemin knew that his twin was having a shock so he didn't force Jongin to comeback home yet.

Sehun closed his eyes as he felt a hot droplet of water ran through his cheeks. He had been trying to call Jongin hundread times, but the other didn't pick up. He had texted Jongin many times too, but the other didn't reply. Sehun felt like dying. He needed to meet Jongin. He needed to explain everything to him.

Sehun laid his head on the wall beside of Chanyeol's apartment door weakly.

The lift door beside Chanyeol's room being being opened. A woman with long hair walked out from it with a big plastic of food and frowned when she saw Sehun.

"You are still here?" The woman asked Sehun. "Why don't you go home? Chanye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter