Chapter 23 - Track.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taemin opened his heavy eyes and whimpered. His head was hurting and he felt like his world spinning around. Taemin blinked for a while, trying to focus his blurred vision.

"Ah, Taemin."

Taemin turned his head and saw Sehun was staring at him worriedly.

"You've awakened? You have just fainted in the practice room and that's why I should bring you here."

Taemin blinked while looking around. It took seconds for him to finally realized where he was.

"How are you feeling?" A pretty girl with nurse cloth approached Taemin.

"I'm alright." Taemin answered and smiled. "It's okay, I'm just too tired."

"It shows." The pretty nurse with nametag 'Boa' replied. "Have you eaten?"

Taemin shook his head lightly.

"Your blood pressure is too low." Boa said. "You should eat something and have enough rest."

"I will." Taemin said while trying to sit up. Sehun who was standing beside him immediately helped.

"I will give you some vitamins. It's nothing serious so you don't have to drink medicine." Boa said while walking to her cabinet and took out a few vitamins.

"Thank you." Taemin smiled sweetly.

"I thought you were Kim Jongin at first, you know?" Boa chuckled. "But turn out you guys are twins. Kinda surprising."

"You know Jongin?" Sehun rounded his eyes.

"Yes, he comes here often." Boa said.

"For what?"

"He gets ill easily." Boa said. "Headache, nausea, dehydrated... Has he been catching illness easily since he's little?"

Both Sehun and Taemin frowned. They didn't know that Jongin had been visiting the infirmary room that often.

"He was once fainted too." Boa said and turned her head toward Sehun. "And I think... You are the one who brought him here, right?"

"M-me?" Sehun widened his eyes. "When?"

"In the beginning of this semester I guess." Boa said. "You don't remember?"

Sehun widened his eyes. Was the boy that he brought to the infirmary room back then... Could it possibly... Jongin?

"Kim Jongin's health is not that good." Boa said. "I think your twin has to pay a visit to the doctor. I'm afraid he gets a serious illness."

Taemin knitted his eyebrows in disbelief. There's no way... Jongin always looked healthy infront of Taemin. Ah, but wait. Jongin had ever fainted once infront of Taemin back then.

"Make sure he see the doctor." Boa said again. "Tell him to get a proper check up."

Taemin nodded slowly. He still couldn't believe what Boa had just said. Jongin had a serious sickness? Seriously?

Sehun on the other hand secretly flashed back all the weird moment when he was with Jongin. That time when they were in a ferris wheel... And... When he fainted back then in Sehun's car... Then for the first time they met, when Sehun saved him up. Ah, it's all make sense now. That's why when Sehun saw Taemin's face that day, he felt like he had ever seen that face somewhere else. It was Jongin. It was Jongin that he helped.

Sehun's chest suddenly rose in fear. What kind of sickness did Jongin has? Why that boy fainted easily... And... Having difficulties in breathing? Sehun gulped down nervously. His hands fisted on his side.

He didn't want Jongin to got sick.

No.

He wasn't going to let that happen.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jongin pressed the reject button on his phone. Sehun had been calling him but Jongin just didn't want to talk to him... Yet. The tan boy was standing on a bus now, heading to the place that he hadn't been for a while.

Chanyeol's apartment.

Jongin bit his lower lip while thinking about the possibility of what Chanyeol might be doing at this hour. Jongin knew that Chanyeol didn't have any classes on wednesday. That giant would usually spent his wednesday lying on his sofa and munching snacks. Jongin hopped off on the bus stop and walked toward Chanyeol's apartment.

It had been a week since the last time he saw Chanyeol. Since his relationship with Sehun went in a steady pace, Jongin couldn't see Chanyeol that often. Sehun would bring him somewhere each day and Jongin couldn't squeeze in a free time for Chanyeol.

Jongin stopped infront of Chanyeol's apartment and pressed the bell. He waited for a while. His brain flew back to Taemin and Sehun. Sehun didn't like Taemin. Sehun liked Jongin. If not, they wouldn't run their relationship now. Taemin had gotten himself a boyfriend too. There's no way Taemin would ruin his relationship with Sehun.

Right?

Ah.

But if we flashback the time... Zico was also once falling to Jongin, but soon he got captured in Taemin's beauty.

Jongin sighed sadly when he remembered that fact. A fear started to tickle his heart. Would that thing happen again? Would Sehun fall to Taemin afterwards? Jongin exactly knew that Taemin was so much more interesting than him, so much prettier than him.

Jongin was in the middle of the heavy thoughts when the door being swun open. The owner came out with a glasses hung low on his face.

"Jongin!" Chanyeol said in pure surprise. "What brings you here?"

"H-hi." Jongin greeted awkwardly. "I... I just want to meet you."

"Meet me? Why?" Chanyeol asked as he step aside, signaling Jongin to enter his apartment.

"Just..." Jongin stepped inside. "...just kinda miss you."

Chanyeol's expression softened when he heard the words. He immediately broke into a small smile. He closed the door and walked behind Jongin.

"What did you just do?" Jongin asked when he saw many books with opened laptop on the top of Chanyeol's desk.

"I've been studying." Chanyeol said while stratching his head. "Exams are coming."

"Me too!" Jongin huffed and pouted. "And I don't even understand anything!"

Chanyeol chuckled. "That's gonna be bad! You should really get yourself a private tutor!"

"Oh, yeah." Jongin rolled his eyes. "I can't ask for your help anymore since we are now in different major!"

Chanyeol just grinned and patted Jongin's head lovingly. "You should study hard by yourself, Jonginnie."

Jongin pouted. Back then in their senior highschool, Chanyeol would take Jongin to a cafe and teach him the material for exams there. Chanyeol was a brilliant kid. He was smart, dilligent and also very patient. But in college Chanyeol learned medic and Jongin learned Business. Chanyeol couldn't teach him like he used to anymore.

"You become skinnier." Jongin said when he noticed how Chanyeol had lost his baby fat. "Have you been eating right?"

"Well..." Chanyeol grinned. "I guess I'm just too busy studying."

"That's not good!" Jongin gasped. "You can't skip eating only for studying! That's a big no-no!"

Cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter