Chapter 45 - Letter.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun groaned as he pressed his forehead on the cold wall. He closed his eyes and released a deep sigh. He was feeling miserable that time. Stress filled his brain, wasting a space for it to rest even just a second.

The sharp eyes glanced at the closed door beside him. It was Jongin's patience room. The boy inside had been locking himself up for a whole day. Since hearing about his donatur, Jongin rejected the operation. He didn't want to listen to any of his parents words. He also didn't want to meet anyone. He locked himself on his room, sitting on the bed lifelessly.

A beautiful nurse came with a tray of food on her hand and stopped right beside Sehun.

"He hasn't eaten his breakfast yet?"

Sehun glanced at Jiyeon, the nurse and shook his head weakly.

Jiyeon peeked inside of the room and sighed. "I will just feed him with the infuse."

Sehun closed his eyes again, feeling frustration building up inside of him. He ignored Jiyeon who walked away to grab more injections.

Jongin was really playing around with his own health.

Didn't he know that it wasn't good to skip meal like that?

Sehun was a worried sick now. The blonde boy finally decided to reach the door knob and twisted it open.

Just when he was about to walk inside, Jongin's hoarsh voice stopped him.

"Sehun?"

Sehun gulped down.

"If you are here to talk about the operation again, the answer is no. I'm not receiving the operation with Myungsoo's heart." Jongin said coldly.

"Jongin-ah..." Sehun almost cried when he heard that. "Can't you just-,"

"No." Jongin replied sternly.

"Jongin-ah, please?"

"No."

"Jongin-ah!"

"NO!"

With that last shout, Sehun stopped. He didn't want to argue further more.

"Okay. But can't you eat? You haven't been eating since this morning."

"I don't have any appetite." Jongin said.

"Jongin-ah, don't be like this."

"..."

Sehun sighed and massaged his hurting temple. "You are making the whole family worried."

Still no reply from Jongin.

"If you eat your meal, I will stop nagging."

Jongin still didn't move.

"I will feed you." Sehun said and approached to get a better view of Jongin. "Okay?"

Jongin still didn't reply. His face was gloomy and he kept his eyes on the window, staring out at the snow outside of his hospital.

Sehun sat down and grabbed a spoon. He gently took a spoonful of porridge and brought it close to Jongin's lips

. "Jongin-ah, ahhh..." Sehun said gently.

Jongin didn't open his mouth, ignoring Sehun's words.

"Jongin-ah, come on. Please open your mouth." Sehun pleaded, kept pressing the spoon close to Jongin's lips.

Jongin shook his head slowly. "I don't have appetite..."

"You will get sick." Sehun said with pleading voice. "Come on, come on just a bite. You haven't been eating this whole day, Jongin-ah."

Jongin stubbornly insisted and kept his mouth shut.

Sehun sighed and closed his eyes. He rubbed his pounded temple. A sudden dizziness washed through his head.

Ah, Jongin.

Why are you being like this?

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Snowflakes were falling from the sky, decorating the gloomy sky of Seoul so it became less dreary. Bright christmas lights were spreading all over the town, adding a joyful touch to the world.

Sunggyu was sitting on the red colored sofa, staring outside of the window. He was wrapped in an oversized light brown colored sweater, all cozy and warmed up.

Chanyeol approached the sitting boy with two mugs on each of his hand.

"Here. Have a sip."

Sunggyu turned his attention to the two mugs that were just placed on the top of the table. Two mugs of hot chocolate. It was topped with the snowy white whipped cream and some small-sized marshmallows. A steam came out from it, showing the sign that it was just freshly made in the kitchen. Perfect for a cold winter night.

"Thanks..." Sunggyu almost whispered, taking the mug and wrapped his long fingers around the mug.

Chanyeol smiled and sat down beside Sunggyu. They were now both turning their attention to the television.

Since the day when Chanyeol saved Sunggyu from the river, Sunggyu had been staying in Chanyeol's apartment.

Chanyeol just wanted to make sure Sunggyu was secured and saved...

Well actually he just tried to make sure Sunggyu didn't do anything funny afterwards.

Sunggyu was lonely after Myungsoo's death. He took 10 days off from his office, -which gladly his boss allowed-, and spent them on Chanyeol's apartment.

Chanyeol took a glance at Sunggyu. The boy had been so much calmer than before. That night when they were both fell into the river, Sunggyu cried for hours. Chanyeol spent the whole night rubbing the boy's back and listened to the other's mournful cries, letting sunggyu poured all his anxiety and sadness onto Chanyeol's chest.

Sunggyu took a small sip of the hot chocolate and pressed his lip into a thin line as he watched "Return of he Superman" On the television.

"Sunggyu-ssi..." Chanyeol called out. "...what do you want for lunch today?"

Sunggyu turned his head at Chanyeol. "Err... I'm good... With just anything."

"Do you want me to take you out? So we can have lunch outside?"

Sunggyu stared at Chanyeol for a while before nodded.

"Let's go out!" Chanyeol chirped happily. He then averted his gaze back to his phone, watching his last line chat with Jongin.

There was no reply.

Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. He had been sending the chat since yesterday but why the tanned boy hadn't reply it?

Ah. Chanyeol almost forgot.

Myungsoo.

Chanyeol punched Taemin's number, just being worried with Jongin's condition. He knew the boy loved Myungsoo so much, almost like loving his own brother.

Chanyeol waited in line for a few seconds, until Taemin picked up from the other side.

"Hello?"

"Taemin-ah!" Chanyeol breathed out. "How's Jongin?"

"Err..." Taemin paused for a while. "He's not good, hyung."

Chanyeol sighed. "I understand. He must be shocked with what just happened."

"Not just that, hyung." Taemin replied. "Jongin got angry because Myungsoo donated his heart to Jongin."

Chanyeol's eyes widened. "Eh? What?"

"Myungsoo." Taemin repeated. "He donated his heart to Jongin."

Chanyeol blinked in pure shock and immediately glanced at Sunggyu.

 

 

"What will you do... When your brother... want to donate his organ to other patient?"

 

 

Sunggyu's words flashed through Chanyeol's mind.

"B-but..." Chanyeol almost choked on his own saliva. "Why donated? W-what happened with Jongin? Isn't he alright? Does he need any heart transplation?"

"You don't know?" Taemin sounded surprised and then murmurred to himself. "So he doesn't tell anyone..."

"I don't know!" Chanyeol shook his head. He stood up from his sitting position and started to walk here and there. "S-so how's him?"

"So so bad." Taemin replied. "He doesn't want to eat, he doesn't want to sleep. All he has been doing is staring at the space."

Chanyeol gulped down forcefully. "Really?"

Taemin sighed heavily as an answer. "I'm worried about his condition, hyung. Doctor said that if he kept on avoiding the surgery, he would ended up getting a sudden heart-attack and he could die anytime."

"Oh my God!" Chanyeol exclaimed and closed his eyes. ", h-how does he know? That Myungsoo donate his heart?"

"A nurse accidentally slipped the truth to him."

"Oh, . . ." Chanyeol's left hand formed a tight fist and knocked it on his forehead.

Sunggyu who was watching and hearing everything from the very beginning just sat on the sofa. His eyebrows furrowed. So Jongin had known about the donation thing... And now he rejected it?

 

"Hyung, if one day Jongin hyung know about the heart donation..."

Sunggyu turned his head around to see Myungsoo sitting straight on his bed with a paper on his right hand.

"Can you give him this letter from me?"

Sunggyu hastily made his way to his brother and took the paper away. The paper was filled with Myungsoo's handwritings.

"What is this?" Sunggyu asked while looking up.

"A letter," Myungsoo smiled. "Which probably could make Jongin hyung change his mind."

 

 

Sunggyu blinked. His eyebrows knitted even closer. Where did that paper go? He didn't put it on his jeans and jumped together with it on the river, right?

Oh?

On his apartment!

"Okay, I will visit him soon." Chanyeol said and turned off his phone.

Sunggyu glanced at Chanyeol who made his way toward him and sat right beside him.

"Is this... Coincidental?" Chanyeol asked. "...or have Myungsoo planned everything even before his death?"

Sunggyu bit his lower lip. "It's... It's been planned."

Chanyeol's body tensed, but he tried his best to looked relaxed. "S-so... When you asked me about the donation Myungsoo wanted to give... It's... This?"

Sunggyu stared into Chanyeol's eyes before nodded. "Yes."

"Oh, God..." Chanyeol winced and laid his body on the sofa. "So Myungsoo knew Jongin's condition even before his death? And that's why he asked you to sign the donation contract?"

Sunggyu felt his body trembling when a memory of Myungsoo re-washed his mind. He nodded and looked down.

Please, don't speak about Myungsoo anymore.

Sunggyu was still trying to accept the reality that his brother had gone.

Chanyeol who noticed Sunggyu's change immediately shut up. He tore his eyes off Sunggyu and straightened his body. "...sorry."

Sunggyu didn't reply. He felt his eyes burnt hot with the tears. It's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter