Chapter 29 - Meet.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol was brushing his teeth with half-lided eyes. He stared at his own reflection on the mirror and grabbed a mug of water beside him. After rinsing his mouth off, the tall boy splashed his face with cold water to awoke him up.

"Brr," Chanyeol groaned. "It's such an early-early morning!"

It was true, indeed. It was only 4.30 AM. Chanyeol woke up that early to study for his upcoming mid-term exams. Jongin and him would be in Japan for 6 days so he had to learn harder from now on.

"Ah, Japan... With Jongin..." Chanyeol said dreamily while putting his chin on the top of the table. "It's like dreams come true..."

Yes. Chanyeol had always wanted to go somewhere with Jongin, the person he loves. He even added it on his bucket list back then in his childhood time.

Chanyeol's lips curled into a soft smile as he imagined Jongin's happy expression once they step their feet on Japan.

Ting tong!

Chanyeol jumped in surprise when he heard the bell of his apartment rang. Not only once. Twice, thrice...

"What the?" Chanyeol sighed as he got up. Who was the one who wake him up in such an early morning?

Chanyeol pulled the door open and was ready to put on his most annoyed expression but paused when he saw the person infront of him. Jongin!

"J-jongin?" Chanyeol gasped in surprise. "W-what are you d- what h-happened?"

Jongin's eyes were swollen, dried tears were all over his face. His nose was red like a little reindeer, and some choked sobs could be heard from him.

Chanyeol widened his eyes when Jongin slammed his body onto Chanyeol's weakly. Chanyeol immediately caught that fragile shoulders.

"J-Jongin-ah?"

"I'm tired," Jongin whispered weakly. "Chanyeol-ah, I'm tired..."

"What have you been doing?" Chanyeol asked gently as he put his hand on the back of Jongin's head.

Jongin shook his head and buried his face onto the crook of Chanyeol's neck. "I... I just spoke the truth."

"Truth?" Chanyeol's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "What truth?"

"Everything." Jongin said weakly, hands clutched on Chanyeol's hem. "About Taemin, about college... Everything..."

Chanyeol blinked and stared at Jongin's face. The tanned boy's eyes were closing. It seemed like the other had been crying his heart out the whole night.

"D-did it go smooth?" Chanyeol asked.

Jongin bit his lower lip as he remembered each of his dad's words and both of his mom and Taemin's expression. Jongin slowly shook his head and whispered.

"...no..."

Chanyeol sighed and hugged him tighter. "I know, I know... Now get some rest, okay?"

"Chanyeol-," Jongin tugged Chanyeol's hem again.

"Humm?"

"Can I stay with you?" Jongin asked.

Chanyeol raised both of his eyebrows. "What?"

"For them, I'm no longer a family member. J-just for a day, can I stay with you? W-we are going to Japan tomorrow anyway."

Chanyeol stared at Jongin with knitted eyebrows. Just one day? Chanyeol doubted it. Jongin wouldn't want to go home even after their Japan trip ended. Don't get him wrong. Chanyeol loved having Jongin on his apartment. He was more than honored if Jongin decided to stay there. But the problem was... What if Jongin's family went to his apartment and got angry?

Chanyeol was sure that Jongin's family didn't mean to kick him out like that. Chanyeol walked Jongin to his big king-sized bed and laid him there. Jongin looked so exhausted that he immediately closed his eyes once his body touched the bed.

Chanyeol pulled the cover of his bed gently over Jongin and smiled. "Sleep well, okay?"

Jongin nodded weakly and immediately drifted off to dreamland.

Chanyeol shuffled back to his studying table and took his phone. He typed an email to Taemin telling that Jongin was save with him before putting his phone back on the table. The tall boy turned toward Jongin who was still sleeping on his bed.

"Jongin-ah..." Chanyeol's expression dulled. "How could everything happen to you this way?"

 

 

***

 

 

 

Chanyeol and Jongin entered the spacious and comfy room.

"It's been a long time," Jongin sighed as he looked around to observe the cafe's decoration. There was a slight change of furniture, but it was still beautiful for him.

"It's been a long time," Chanyeol repeated with a simple smile on his lips. "Eunji-ah, annyeong!"

Eunji, the cashier girl of jib cafe lifted her head when Chanyeol called her. Those bright eyes widened and immediately curled into eyesmiles. "Omooo! Chanyeol oppa, Jongin-ah! Welcome back to 'Jib cafe'! Ahhh, I haven't seen you guys in a while!"

Chanyeol waved at Eunji while Jongin just smiled.

"What would you order today?" Eunji asked still with her bright smile.

"Urmmm..." Chanyeol glanced at the cakes on the showcase. "Today I'd like a coffee. Yes, a coffee with that sandwich please."

"Okay." Eunji said, still with her smile. "What about you, Jongin-ah?"

"Red velvet cupcake with pearl milk tea."

"Okay!" Eunji asked while inputting the orders on the computer.

"And I need to see Minah." Chanyeol said. "I've contacted here that I'll be here today."

"Oh?" Eunji blinked. "Wait a second, I'll make a phone call."

Jongin and Chanyeol waited as the happy girl made a call for Minah. Jongin turned his vision around Jib cafe.

Warm, spacious, sweet. A home.

This place was truly a place that Jongin needed.

Jongin's eyes accidentally met a sofa where he and Sehun sat on days before. A sweet memories of their date flashed through the tanned boy's mind. Jongin felt his chest tightened as he remembered Sehun's face feature. Eyes, nose, lips... Everything is pretty when it comes about Sehun.

Oh Sehun, the guy that had made Jongin fall head over heels with.

Jongin gulped down as he tried to shoo away the sudden flashback. He focused his attention back to Eunji who just put down the phone and smiled.

"Minah asked you guys to go upstair, to her office. Don't worry, your order will be taken there. Immediately."

Jongin and Chanyeol nodded.

Eunji then showed them the stair that headed toward Minah's office room. Jongin and Chanyeol climbed those wooden stair and stopped infront of a room with a cute 'Minah's office' on the outside.

Knock knock.

Chanyeol knocked on the door. "Minah?"

"Yess~ come in~" Came a reply from behind the closed door.

Chanyeol then pushed the door open and entered the room.

Jongin trailed from behind, looked a little hasty to came in.

"Hi!" Minah greeted with a bright smile. "Welcome to my office!"

Jongin was stunned with how Minah decorated her office room. It was so neat, and colorful. The working desk was filled with books and documents but it wasn't messy at all. Some bright colored files were being opened, revealing designs of cakes and dress on it. There was a rack beside it, filled with books. On the wall, Minah hung a lot of pictures in places that Jongin could name one by one. Japan, France, Indonesia, Vietnam, Germany, and many more.

"Come on, have a seat!"

Minah pulled two chairs for Chanyeol and Jongin and placed it right infront of her working desk. She then walked back and sat on her seat as well.

"So, you guys are leaving for Japan tomorrow?" Minah asked while pulling out a small cute note from under her desk. "As you have requested, I will give you my recommendation books."

"Woaa!" Jongin exclaimed when Minah put the notebook on the desk and pushed it lightly toward Jongin and Chanyeol.

"It was all about my recommendation. Some nice places to visitasa, my favorite eating place, shopping paradise, tips and tricks... And..." Minah then flipped the pages until the back of it. "I even wrote some Japanese useful words here. So don't worry to get lost, okay?"

"You make this really well." Chanyeol said while grinning. "Do you always make notebooks like this whenever you visit places?"

"Yeah, I do." Minah said while pulling out more notebooks from under her working table and put them on the table. "There was the Thailand version, Europe version, China version, Indonesia version..."

"Daebak." Jongin gasped while pulling out the Indonesia travel guide notebooks toward him. There was a big 'Bali' written on the cover.

"I love to make them." Minah said with a big grin. "I always get excited whenever I am preparing for my travel plans so... Yeah, I kinda too over-acting to things."

"But this is really helping." Chanyeol smiled. "Thank you!"

"You are welcome!" Minah said while beaming. "Just send me emails if something happen there, okay? I'll try to help as much as I can!"

"Sure!" Chanyeol nodded. "So... You are not going to school? It's kinda rare to see you on the cafe. Usually you will go to school, or hanging out with your boyfriend and friends, or taking care of your new upcoming business."

"No, I don't have any classes today." Minah said. "And about the new business... I still think about

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter