Chapter 17 - Jealousy.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin woke up with a numb right hand. He couldn't move it at all. The small boy groaned and tried to lift his hand but failed.

"What happened? Did I sleep on my hand last night?"

Thankfully it was saturday, which means it's holiday.

Jongin shifted in his bed lazily and touched his numb arm gently. "What is happening with you, my hand?"

Jongin sighed and slightly massaged his hand. He walked out of his room and met an empty house.

"Mom must be out for uncle again." Jongin mumbled and made his way to downstair. "Should I make any food?"

Jongin ran to the kitchen and checked his food's preparation.

Nothing.

Jongin sighed and turned to head toward the fridge. Maybe making a yogurt with cereal and fruit chops would be good.

Jongin was about to reach for the fridge when he noticed a small note sticked on the fridge.

 

Jongin, Taemin.

Eat the sandwich that I put on the top of the fridge.

I'm going to the hospital. Your uncle collapsed again this morning.

 

Mom.

 

 

Jongin blinked and frowned. His uncle collapsed again? Was the heart-attack he had that bad?

Jongin stood on his toes and reached out to take the plate of food on the fridge.

"Got it." Jongin mumbled and lifted the plate off the fridge.

Eh?

Why Jongin's hand shaking?

Jongin blinked when his right hand started to tremble wildly.

Trak.

Jongin let out a gasp when he dropped his plate back on the fridge.

"Ah..." Jongin groaned as he slowly clutch his hand to his chest. He bit his lower lip and massaged it again.

Why he couldn't take it?

"Jongin?"

Jongin gasped and turned around to find Taemin was standing there, still fully dressed in pajamas.

"What are you doing?"

Jongin shifted awkwardly in his place. "Urm... Nothing..."

Taemin's expression turned a little worried. "What happened to your hand?"

"A-ah?" Jongin startled. "N-nothing."

"Do you sprain it again?"

Jongin shook his head and took a step away. "I don't..."

Taemin stared at Jongin for a while. They both fell into an awkward silence.

Jongin then turned his body again and stood on his toes to reach the plate on the fridge.

Oh, damn. He had dropped it a little further away so he couldn't reach it.

Jongin tsked cutely while keep trying to touch the plate with the tips of his fingers.

Taemin's lips curved into a smile and walked toward Jongin. He stretched out his long hand and reached for the plate. Jongin immediately blushed and bit his lower lip. Taemin gave the plate to Jongin which the other boy took.

Jongin let out a shy nervous smile. "T-thank you."

Jongin wanted to just walk away because the atmosphere was definitely weird but Taemin immediately held his hand, signaling for him to stay.

"A-about last time..." Taemin said. "...I'm sorry..."

Jongin blinked before opened his mouth.

"O-oh..."

"I didn't mean to, you know?" Taemin said. "... I... "

Jongin noticed a slight change on Taemin's face. It was filled with worries and fear.

"N-never mind." Taemin finally said and forced a smile.

Jongin frowned. "Eh?"

"Never mind." Taemin smiled. "I'll... Head up stairs first."

"B-but." Jongin stuttered as he offered Taemin the plate of sandwich he was holding. "You haven't eaten this... Yet..."

Taemin turned his head before let out an 'ah' and walked toward it. He picked one of the sandwich and smiled. "Thank you."

Jongin just nodded wordlessly as he saw Taemin ran upstair.

Something's off with Taemin.

Jongin put the plate on the table and took the sandwich with his left hand. He fed himself and stared at his right hand.

What is happening with his hand?

Jongin managed to finish all his food before took a nice shower. He then headed to his bedroom and glanced at Taemin's bedroom which was right infront of him. Jongin pursed his lips and entered his own bedroom.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"You are head over heels with him, dude."

"Am I?" Sehun frowned.

"Yes, you are." Luhan said while munching his cereal. "The way you look at him, the way you talk to him. You are definitely falling for him."

Sehun lowered his gaze toward his own cereal. "Maybe you are true..."

"You ended up liking a person you accidentally confessed to." Luhan said and grinned. "Isn't it something good?"

Sehun let out a small smile as he ate his cereal.

"Oo... Look at who's smiling like an idiot now." Luhan smirked. "So is it true that you like Jongin?"

"I don't know." Sehun said. His brain flashed images of him and Jongin yesterday.

Jongin was cute, innocent, shy and pure. The way he acted, was so innocent. He didn't make that action up. At the same time, Sehun also could sense that Jongin's a playful boy who loves to throw jokes and tease people around. Most important thing was... Jongin finally opened himself for Sehun. Sehun felt trusted. And Sehun liked it.

"Sooo?" Luhan asked in a playful tone. "That means... You are officially likes Jongin now?"

"..." Sehun didn't answer and just dig on his cereal.

Well... He didn't really know how he's feeling. He liked Jongin. That boy always made him smile. But he also still had that strong feeling toward Taemin. The pretty twin. Sehun still felt his heart skip a beat whenever he's around Taemin. Looking at Taemin was like looking at the unreachable kpop idol that standing infront of the stage. So beautiful, yet Sehun couldn't make the boy his. And it made something inside of Sehun roarred. Because Sehun loved challange, and he liked someone who's not easy to get. Like Taemin.

Sehun sighed. He shoved more cereals into his mouth and grabbed his phone. He then pressed a few buttons on his phone and called Jongin. They had a promise anyway.

"Hello?"

Sehun immediately frowned when he heard Jongin's raspy voice. "Jonginnie?"

Luhan was almost choked on his cereal and raised his head to stare at Sehun with his brown orbs.

Sure. Luhan's definitely going to make fun of him after hearing the cute nickname afterwards.

"Yes?"

"What happened to your voice? Or are you just wake up?"

"I don't know..." Jongin whimpered. "I don't feel well..."

"What? Why?"

"I'm dizzy." Jongin replied weakly. "I'll call you later, Hunnie..."

Sehun opened his mouth to say more but Jongin had cut off his phone call.

"Jong-" Sehun stopped his call when he realized the call had been cut off. He turned his head toward Luhan and cursed. ". I think he's sick."

"Really?" Luhan pursed his lips. "So are you going to him?"

"Definitely." Sehun rushed to his wardrobe and changed his clothes.

"Okay. Take your time. I'll leave once you finish with those clothes." Luhan said while shoving his last cereal on his mouth.

Pabo. Why don't you just admit that you are falling for him? You are obviously falling for him.

Luhan shrugged and put his bowl on Sehun's desk.

He just could hope that Sehun would realize his real feeling before he ruined everything at the end.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"You are not having a fever." Chanyeol said while putting his palm on Jongin's forehead. "Have you drank all the pills?"

Jongin nodded and whimpered when he felt his dizziness increased.

"What is wrong with you?" Chanyeol sighed. He stared at Jongin's painful expression. "Let's go to the hospital. Shall we?"

"I don't want to..." Jongin protested. "There's nothing wrong with me. Maybe I'm just catching cold."

"Cold?" Chanyeol furrowed his eyebrows. "Cold has nothing to do with numb arms."

Jongin just pouted and closed his eyes.

"I'm calling a doctor." Chanyeol said and turned to grab his phone.

"Noo." Jongin said and caught Chanyeol's hand. "Stay with me."

Chanyeol froze when his hand was being held by Jongin. Jongin's small and warm ones were holding his hand like there's no tomorrow.

Chanyeol sighed and decided to just sit down on the chair and watched his friend fell asleep while holding his hand.

Chanyeol stared at Jongin who was closing his eyes longingly.

Jongin looked so fragile and weak. His body had getting thinner and thinner than usual.

What happened to you?

Chanyeol stretched his hand and lovingly carresed Jongin's hair. The soft blonde hair fell between his fingers. Chanyeol stared at the blond locks on his hand.

Blonde.

It was all started a year ago, when Jongin decided to dye his hair blonde, just like Taemin's. Their parents were so happy when Taemin dyed his hair almond and complimented him. They also encouraged Jongin to dye his hair too, so they both looked even more 'twin'. Jongin finally dyed his hair from the natural dark brown to blonde.

It didn't really suit him, since he had a dark skin tone.

But Chanyeol still loved his blonde hair.

It didn't matter Jongin wanted to dye his hair blonde, yellow, pink, red, rainbow, or even gone bald.

Jongin would still looked wonderful for Chanyeol.

Nothing could change that fact.

Jongin shifted in his dreams and pull Chanyeol's hand even closer to his chest. Chanyeol's heart jolted a little when his hand was being pressed to Jongin's soft and warm skin. His eyes then softened and he squatted down beside Jongin.

"My beautiful Jongin." Chanyeol whispered and leaned closer. "Sleep tight."

A

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter