Chapter 1 - That feeling.

The Ugly Twin.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why him?

Why is it always him?

Why is it not me?

Why has it never been...

...me...?

 

 

***

 

 

Mrs. Kim glanced at the clock. It's 6.36 AM. She put down the plates with their breakfast and sighed heavily. "Taemin-ah?"

A boy with long almond colored hair turned his head to face his mom. "Yes, mom?"

"Go wake Jongin up." Mrs. Kim said. Her hand started to pour milk to the empty glasses. "I bet he's still sleeping. It's almost the time to go to school, why hasn't he awaken yet? That lazy kid."

"Yes, mom." Taemin obeyed and stood up. He rushed to his younger twin brother's bedroom on the second floor.

"That kid is troublesome. He shouldn't have asked for a separate room with Taemin. You see, he couldn't wake up on time unless Taemin's there! They will be late again today!" Mrs. Kim sighed heavily.

"Don't fulfill Jongin's wish next time." Mr. Kim said without tearing his eyes off from the newspaper. "He has been asking too much weird things lately."

Mrs. Kim just sighed.

Why couldn't Jongin be more like Taemin, who's more quiet and obedient?

It had been three months since Jongin asked Mrs. Kim to separate his bedroom with Taemin's and Taemin still couldn't understand what the main reason is. Jongin had never been a morning person. What made him think it was a wise option to sleep in another room? Was Taemin nagging too much to wake him up back then? Or was it because of Zico?

Taemin really wondered for the answer.

Taemin opened his twin's bedroom and found his brother was sleeping soundly under his thick blanket. The younger didn't show any sign to wake up any sooner. That'd be bad.

"Hey, Jongin-ah." Taemin shook his brother lightly. "Hey, wake up. Mom is calling you. You should start to freshen up now or she will personally come and kick you."

Jongin groaned and stirred. He opened his heavy eyelids slowly and hid under the blanket again when he saw Taemin's face.

"Hey, hey. I'm being serious. Wake up now!" Taemin pulled his twin's blanket and the other groaned even louder.

"I'm awake, I'm awake. Leave me alone." Jongin shooed Taemin away, hoping the other would dissappear right away.

"No way. I should watch you enter the bathroom with my own eyes. I can't risk us coming late again today because you'll fall asleep right after I leave your room!"

Jongin groaned louder and squeezed his tired eyes harder.

"Jongin-ah. Do you want me to call mom... Or dad?"

Jongin sighed as he raised his body up. He stared at Taemin who was fully dressed in his casual clothes, looking comfy yet decent enough to please people's eyes.

He smelled like flowers - his almond colored hair tied in a small loose ponytail, and hazel eyes staring into Jongin's own darker ones.

Why was he so ing gorgeous?

"JONGIN-AH!!!"

Jongin flinched when he heard his mom's shout.

"WAKE UP!!!"

"He's awake mom! He's taking a bath now!" Taemin replied all the while pulling his twin up, and pushing him to the bathroom.

Jongin stared at his other half blankly.

What was this kid doing?

Trying to look nice in front of mom and dad by covering him up like that?

Wow.

"What are you doing? Take a bath now!" Taemin hissed, a bit worried. "Hurry up and go down for breakfast!"

Jongin watched as Taemin walked out of his bedroom, heading downstairs. The tanned guy sighed and entered the bathroom. Jongin the shower and stared at the water droplets. He turned his head to face the mirror. His eyes traced his own features from the reflection... Nose... Lips... Face... Body...

Why couldn't he be more like Taemin?

Taemin's tall nose... Small face... Pale skin... V-line...

They only have the same lips. But Taemin's lips are prettier. It's thick, but shaped perfectly. Bright rosy red.

While Jongin's?

Ugh.

Jongin sighed and turned off the shower. He dried himself and got dressed grumpily.

Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim had finished eating their food. It was just Taemin who hadn't touched his breakfast yet. The older twin was waiting patiently for Jongin. At least they could eat at the same pace so that their parents wouldn't scold Jongin for being slow anymore.

"Jongin! Come quickly and eat! Taemin has been waiting for you!" Mrs. Kim scolded Jongin.

Jongin sent a look at Taemin.

Being his hero as usual, huh?

Jongin sat himself accross his brother and started digging in his breakfast.

"I'm getting stressed because of you, Jongin-ah. Why can't you be more like Taemin? Wake up earlier! What were you doing last night? Playing games?"

Jongin didn't answer. He simply munched slowly at his pancake.

No, he didn't play games. He just spent his night writing all his heart's contents on his blog.

About how he hates being compared to his older twin.

Jongin ate in silence, listening to his mom's scolding.

Taemin sighed. His parents always scold Jongin for whatever he does.

"Mom, can you please hand me the honey?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter