Decision

Rules Of Marriage

 

[ Author's POV ]

Hyun Ae sat on a bench, enjoying the cold breeze that hit her face gently. She shut her eyes and sighed. "It feels so good."she thought. Suddenly, she felt a warm thing placed onto her cheek. Hyun Ae tilted her head toward the left and saw Sun Mi was smiling at her while handing her a cup of hot coffee. "Some coffee will release your stress."Sun Mi chuckled. Hyun Ae pouted, reached out her hand and took the cup from her.

"I'm not stress."she murmured when Sun Mi sat down beside her. Sun Mi sighed softly as she stared at the sky. She then turned her face toward Hyun Ae, who was staring silently into the cup. She sigh in defeated. "How are you feeling now?"she asked and urked her eyebrow. Hyun Ae turned her gaze toward her and blinked her eyes.

"I'm fine. Why did you asked?"she replied innocently. Sun Mi sighed, knowing that her friend was lying. "Hyun Ae-ah,"she blurted. "You have been lying to me so much before but- I can't take this one anymore."she spoke and gulped. Hyun Ae remain silent but then faked a smile. "I'm not lying this time."she shrugged her shoulders and looked away.

Sun Mi shook her head and quickly hold Hyun Ae's hand; caused her to look back at her. "Why don't you confess to him?"Sun Mi suggested. Hyun Ae shook her head and sigh in defeated. "It's useless."she blurted and bit her lower lip. "He won't love me. Not even once."Hyun Ae continued, trying her best to prevent the tears from flowing.

Hyun Ae took a deep breathe and faked a smiled. "I shall go now. My dad might be waiting."she blurted and stood up. Hyun Ae dusted her shirt and looked back at Sun Mi. "See you again, Sun Mi-ah."she waved and giggled. Hyun Ae then quickly walked toward the road and slowly disappeared from Sun Mi's sight.

Sun Mi watched as she left and sigh. "When will you stop lying to yourself, Hyun Ae?"

 

Hyun Ae strolled through the road silently, not even paying any attention toward the crowded places she was in. She walked passed by one by one as she looked down onto her feet. It had been one month now since she and Kevin divorced and she admitted that- she still can't forget about him nor her love toward him.

But she believes that as time flew by- she'll get to forget about him one day. She just need to have faith on it.

Hyun Ae stopped in front of her house, the house that she usually lives with her father before she and Kevin get married. She took a deep breathe and slowly exhaled. "I can do this."she thought and faked a smile. Hyun Ae entered her house and peeked in, trying her best to show the brightest smile on her face. "I'm home!"she squealed.

"You're home, Hyun Ae-ah."her father beamed and smiled when he went out from the kitchen. "What are you doing, dad?"she hopped toward her father and quickly hooked her hands into his arm. "Just making some cookies. Do you want some?"her father replied as he flashed a gentle smile toward her.

"Sure!"Hyun Ae giggled. They both headed toward the kitchen just to see a plate of hot chocolate cookies onto the table. "Wow! Chocolate cookies!"Hyun Ae squealed as she took a bite of it. "It's yummy, dad!"she slightly shrugged her shoulders. Her father remain silent, smiling as he watched his daughter was enjoying the cookies.

He heaved a sigh, knowing that all of them were part of her acts. "Hyun Ae-ah,"her father started; caused her to turn her gaze at him. "I'm sorry."he continued and looked down. Hyun Ae blinked her eyes in confusion when she heard it. "For what?"she asked. Her father heaved a sigh and gripped onto a chair.

"For making you marry Kevin though you didn't love him. If I knew this thing would happen, I won't force you to get marry, Hyun Ae-ah. I'm such a bad father."his eyes started to get watery.

Somehow, Hyun Ae could felt her heart ache. She thought that the only one who was hurt was her. But, it seems like her father was experiencing the same too. Hyun Ae heaved a sigh and put back the remaining cookies in her hand onto the plate. "It's not your fault, dad."she beamed and faked a smile.

"I'm the one who's wrong. I thought I could be happy with him, but it seems like I can't."she smiled weakly. Hyun Ae approached her father who was trying his best to stop crying. "Poor my Hyun Ae."he muttered between the sobs. Hyun Ae giggled weakly and quickly hugged him. "Stop crying, dad. You look like an old man."she pouted as she wiped his tears.

"I need to do something so that I can forget about him."she thought alone and sighed.

----

Kevin was leaning onto the sofa alone at the living room. He heaved a sigh and placed his hand onto his forehead. Kevin gulped. The house that was usually loud is now quiet when she's not here. He sighed once again, feeling empty yet lonely knowing that she's no longer living with him.

Kevin pulled away his hand from his forehead and slipped it into his pocket to take out his phone. He stared at the phone and quickly opened the image gallery. A picture of a young girl who was sleeping appeared on his phone screen. It was a picture that he took when Hyun Ae was sleeping. The only picture of her that he kept.

Kevin's fingertip touched the screen as if he was touching Hyun Ae's flawless skin. He heaved a sigh and shut his eyes in defeated. If only he didn't said that he wanted to divorce, this thing wouldn't happen. And Hyun Ae might be still with him. He felt regretted for making such a nonsense decision.

Kevin fluttered opened his eyes and gazed at Hyun Ae's sleeping gesture. He slowly pressed the option button and gulped.

Delete

Kevin was feeling hesitated when he pressed the delete button.

YES or NO

Kevin shut his eyes once again and gulped. "It's time to forget about you, Hyun Ae."he thought and sighed.

YES

 

Meanwhile, Hyun Ae was busy shopping at the groceries, picking any groceries so that she could cook for her father this night. She peeked through the rack at the grocery shop and pouted. "What should I make tonight?"she muttered but then her eyes caught on something. Hyun Ae smiled and took out can of food from the rack.

"Will dad like this?"she thought and frowned. Hyun Ae blinked her eyes for a while as she thought. Then, she shook her head in defeated. "The only one who loves to eat this kind of food is Kevin."she laughed at herself. Hyun Ae put back the can onto it's place and went toward another place at the grocery shop to search for groceries.

After finish buying all the things that she wanted, Hyun Ae headed out and walked through the road. She looked down onto her feet as she walked but then stopped, when she felt someone grabbed her shoulder. Hyun Ae tilted her head and looked up- just to see a guy whom she knew and haven't met for such a long time.

Kim Kibum

Kibum smiled at her when he saw she was blinking her eyes toward him. "O-oppa?"Hyun A urked her eyebrow. Kibum let out a chuckle knowing that Hyun Ae still hasn't change her reaction everytime they met by accident. "What are you doing here?"she asked and smiled.

"I'm just walking by when I saw you."Kibum giggled. Hyun Ae slightly nodded. Both of them headed toward a park where there wasn't much peoples. They sat on a bench, enjoying the cold breeze together. Hyun Ae held her knees and shut her eyes when she felt her face gently hit by the cold breeze.

"How are you now, Hyun Ae?"Kibum started as he crossed his arms under his chest. Hyun Ae turned her gaze toward him and faked a smile. "I'm super fine, oppa!"she grinned and chuckled. Kibum sigh in relief though he know that she was yet lying to him again. They remain silent once again.

Hyun Ae flashed a look toward two birds who were chirping and dancing onto the other bench. A warm smile appeared on her lips, adoring how cute the 'couple' was. "Have you told him?"Kibum suddenly broke the silent. Hyun Ae tilted her head and blinked her eyes.

She frowned. "What?"she asked back. Kibum heaved a sigh. "Your feelings toward him. He should know about it."Kibum beamed, his face expression changed. Hyun Ae gulped when she knew it now. She sigh in defeated and shook her head. "I can't."she beamed, looking down onto her lap.

"Why?"Kibum interrupted. Hyun Ae smiled weakly and sighed. "I can't love him anymore."she coed. "My heart will just hurt when I think about him. It's better if I just forget about him and- my love toward him."she gripped onto her shirt. Kibum heaved a sigh and loosen his crossed arms. He turned his body at her.

"This isn't what I want after I let go of you, Hyun Ae-ah."Kibum started. "I want to see you happy though I didn't get your heart. You should confess to him and be happy."Kibum blurted. "But I won't be happy too if I confess to him."Hyun Ae interrupted.

"There wouldn't be a chance for me to even fill the tiny spot in his heart, oppa. It's just a one-sided love."Hyun Ae continued as her eyes started to get watery. Kibum sigh in defeated. He lifted his hand and patted her shoulder. "It's all my fault. I'm being selfish and didn't think about your heart."Kibum regretted.

Hyun Ae shook her head and smiled. "The one who is wrong in this matter is me, oppa. I shouldn't have a high hope on both of us. Happy ending doesn't really happen anyways."she sighed. Kibum could felt his heart ache once he heard her. It seems like she had really give up on Kevin.

"I've make a decision."Hyun Ae blurted. Kibum looked at her.

"I'm going to study abroad."

 

=================================================================================================

A/N: Weee! I love seeing your comments. It makes me ROFL! XDDD I know you guys might been distracted because of my writing x) Just like Hyun Ae said, happy ending doesn't really happen anyways :) Oh, and just a warning. The next chapter will be the last chapter! WOO HOO! ^O^ Get ready with what ever might come, I might made you guys mad again. I'm evil >:)