Visiting Hyun Ae's House

Rules Of Marriage

[ Author's POV ]

Hyun Ae went out from her room as she rubbed her neck tiredly. She stared at the clock on the wall and sighed. "Good morning."Kevin beamed as he walked passed by her. Hyun Ae was startled when Kevin appeared out of nowhere. "Good morning."she annoyedly replied. She then headed toward the living room and sat on the sofa. "What should I do today?"she thought and pouted.

Hyun Ae took the small pillow onto the sofa and quickly hugged it. She remain silent and pouted every seconds, thinking on what she wanted to do today.

Then, something hit her head. "It's been a long time I didn't met my father."she thought again. Hyun Ae tapped her chin continuosly and smiled. "Maybe I should visit him."she thought. "What are you thinking?"Kevin suddenly asked as he shove the chips into his mouth and stared at the television screen. Hyun Ae turned her gaze at him and smiled. She leaned her body closer and gave out her planned.

"Can I visit my father?"she asked and excitedly smiled. Kevin changed his gaze from the television toward her and confusedly arched his eyebrow. "Your father?"he asked back. Hyun Ae slightly nodded and smiled. "It's been a long time I didn't see him and I've miss him badly. So, can I go?"she stated and asked. Kevin remain silent for a while.

"But who's going to do the house cores?"Kevin asked back and urked his eyebrow. Hyun Ae was taken aback when she heard it. "Can't you do it yourself?"she whined and pouted. Kevin smirked as he shove the chips into his mouth. "Though you've stop trying to be my wife, it's still your duty on doing all the works."he said. Hyun Ae heaved a sigh and remain silent. Then, she got an idea.

"Why don't you come to?"

[ Kevin's POV ]

Both of us stood in front of the wooden house silently. Is this- really a house? I meant, isn't it too small? How can they live in a small house like this?! "Don't you want to come in?"Hyun Ae's voice startled me. I look at her and gulped. "O-oh, yeah."I said and pulled my luggage toward the house. Darn it! Why did I come with her at the first place? Both of us entered the house and waited at the front exit.

"Appa!"she shouted. I annoyedly glanced at her. Then, an old man came from a door. It's her father. "Omo, Hyun Ae-ah!"he screeched and quickly approached us. He quickly hugged her and patted her back. "Why didn't you said you're coming?"he asked and smiled when he broke the hug. "I just wanted to surprise you."she replied. Her father turned his face toward me and smiled. "You're Kevin."he said.

I quickly bowed at him and faked a smile. How am I suppose to smile at time like this? "You do look better in real life."he stated and patted my shoulders. I smiled at his compliment. Who wouldn't? Then, he brought us toward the living room. The house wasn't really big. There's only two bedrooms, a bathroom outside the house and a small kitchen at the back. I wonder how they live together before.

Then, her father brought us toward a room beside the couch. We entered and seriously, I wasn't amazed at all. Instead, I felt shock! Why did this room look so small?! My bathroom is two times larger than this room! "You should said that you're coming. I didn't prepare anything so I'll let you two use my room."he said. Wait! What? His room?

Does that meant that this is the master bedroom? If the master bedroom was really small, what will the other room look like?! "Aniyo appa. You don't have to do this. We'll use my room."she interrupted and refused to take her father's offer. I glared at her and gritted my teeth. Is she stupid? Why did she have to refuse? Just take that offer, silly!

"No, you can't. You two will use my room and I'll use your room, Hyun Ae-ah."her father said and cupped her cheek. Way to go, father in-law! "So, Kevin. I'm sorry if this room wasn't big enough."he turned his gaze toward me and sadly smiled. I shook my head and faked a smile. "It's okay. It's not bad at all."I lied.

I saw him nodded and asked us to put all our things into the room before went out. When he went out, we packed out our things and started to arrange them. We do bring alot since we'll stay there for a week before school started. After finished packing out, we went out from the room and headed toward the couch. Hyun Ae went into the kitchen. Maybe she went to prepare the lunch since the lunch time is approaching.

I sat onto the floor. This house wasn't really convenient. There weren't any sofas, carpets or anything that comfortable here. The only things in this couch were small television, flat pillows where we used to sit on it and a short coffee table. Now I know why my father felt sad about his friend. They were too poor.

"Kevin,"I heard a voice. I tilted my head and saw Hyun Ae's father approached me. He then sat in front of me and sighed. "How's your life with my daugther? Is she being a good wife?"he suddenly asked and smiled. I faked a smile once again. "It's fun and she's really a good wife."I lied. Her father nodded and sigh in relief.

"Good to hear that."he said as he nodded. After a few moments, he looked at me. "Did you love her?"he suddenly asked. I was stunned by his question. Why did he asked that? "Kevin?"he asked again when I didn't gave any response. I blinked my eyes awkwardly and looked away, couldn't bare to look at his face. Then, I heard him sigh.

"I know how it feels to marry a stranger though your father and I had been friends for such a long time."he stated. I looked up at him and remain silent. "I shouldn't asked this from you but- can you please take care of her? She's my only daugther and all I want is for her to be happy."he added. I gulped when I heard it but then slightly nodded. Why do I felt something?

Something that's weird. Is it that weird feeling again?

"Appa! Let's eat!"I heard her shouted from the kitchen. Both of us looked toward the kitchen and sighed. Her father turned to look at me and patted my shoulder. "I believe in you, Kevin."he said and smiled before leaving toward the kitchen. Believe in me? I heaved a sigh and walked toward the kitchen just to saw the small family was getting ready to have their lunch. I turned my gaze toward Hyun Ae who was scooping some rices for her father.

Your father believe in me. But do you, Hyun Ae?