Love's Obstacle

Rules Of Marriage

[ Author's POV ]

Kevin waited as he leaned his body onto the wall. He checked his watch and wandered his eyes toward the crowded road to see whether Min Ji was there. His hope ruined when he didn't saw her. Kevin sigh in defeated but then blinked his eyes innocently when he saw a pair of feet stood in front of him. Kevin looked up and saw Min Ji was smiling at him. "Sorry if I made you wait."she beamed and giggled. Kevin smiled awkwardly and shook his head.

"It's okay."he replied, slowly pulling away his body from the wall. He grabbed Min Ji's hand and asked her to join him in a cafe. The usual cafe that he loves to go. They sat on a small round table near the window and stared at each other. "So, why do you want to meet me?"Min Ji asked, tilted her head and faked a smile. Why did she asked? Of course she knew why Kevin wanted to meet her. He wanted to break up!

Kevin heaved a sigh, interwined both of his hands and placed them on his chin. "Noona,"he started and gulped. Min Ji waited from him. "You know that- I love you, right?"he continued. Min Ji slightly nodded and giggled. "Of course I know, Kevin-ah."she shrugged her shoulders and chuckled. Kevin sighed heavily. How should he continue? "I-I'm sorry, noona."he beamed, looking down onto the table.

Min Ji remain silent, no expression on her face. She's not smiling nor angry. "I think- I-I have fall in love- with her."

As expected.

Min Ji heaved a sigh and slightly nodded. "I know."she beamed; caused Kevin to look up at her. He frowned. Min Ji knew about it? How? "Looks like I lose."she faked a smile, controlling her tears from flowing. Kevin blinked his eyes in confusion. "Wha-What do you- mean?"he asked, still doesn't understand what was Min Ji talking about. Min Ji heaved a sigh.

She leaned her back body onto the upper side of the chair and looked back at Kevin. "She deserve to be love- by you."she coed. "I don't know what had happened between you two until you fall in love with her but- I think that you two- were destined together."she continued and slightly shrugged her shoulders. Kevin's mouth were glued. He doesn't know how should he response to this.

"Thanks, Kevin. For giving me your heart before. I really appreciate it and now- it's time for her to get your love."she smiled. Kevin frowned and gulped.

"Confess to her, Kevin."

----

Hyun Ae was standing in front of the school gate with Kibum, waiting for Kevin to arrive. Sun Mi had gone with her boyfriend to celebrate their graduation day together. Hyun Ae pouted when she didn't saw Kevin anywhere. Suddenly, her phone echoed; caused her to startle. She heaved a sigh and took out her phone from her pocket. She stared at her phone and flowers bloomed inside when she saw Kevin's name on the screen.

"Hello, oppa?"she squealed and giggled. "Where are you?"she asked, hoping that Kevin would gave her a positive response. "Sorry, I might be a little late. There's a traffic jam here."Kevin pouted through the phone. "Oh, I see. It's okay. We'll wait for you."she giggled. Kevin nodded through the phone and hung up. Hyun Ae turned her face toward Kibum and smiled at him.

"Kevin oppa might be late."she giggled as she kept her phone back into her pocket. Kibum smiled weakly and nodded. "It's okay."he spoke. Hyun Ae turned her face around and sometimes peeked through the road to check whether Kevin's car was there. She hummed a song while waiting for Kevin. Kibum heaved a sigh as he stared at her. He needs to find out now. About Hyun Ae's answer.

"Hyun Ae,"Kibum started, eyes were glued on Hyun Ae's eyes. Hyun Ae frowned when she saw how serious Kibum was. "Have you thought- about your- answer?"Kibum urked his eyebrow, slowly leaned his body closer toward her. She was stunned when she heard him. Her answer? God, she totally had forgot about it. How should she answer it?

Hyun Ae looked down onto her feet and sighed. "I-I'm sorry, oppa."she beamed and bit her lower lip. "I don't know about my feelings toward you. You're so nice to me and I'm comfortable being around you."she continued and sighed. "But, I don't think- I can love you."her grip onto her bag tighten as soon as she finished her sentences. Kibum clenched his fist and gritted his teeth.

He knew Hyun Ae will reject him. She had been love Kevin so much. But, why does it need to be Kevin? Why did she love someone who she used to hate before?

Kibum took a step forward, reaching his hand to her body and quickly pulled her into a hug. Hyun Ae's eyes widened when she felt she was in Kibum's embrace. She gulped and froze. "But I love you."Kibum beamed as he hugged her tightly. "Everytime I think about you, I went crazy."he gritted his teeth and gulped. "I'll do anything to get you though it'll sacrificing my life."he buried his face onto Hyun Ae's shoulder.

Hyun Ae's heart ache. What could she do now? She had broke Kibum's heart though she had promised she won't. "What am I going to do?"she thought and sighed, letting herself into Kibum's embrace.

 

Kevin parked his car far away from the school gate and slammed the door. "Why are there so many cars today?"he muttered and pressed a button on his key to lock his car. Kevin kept the car's key into his pocket and headed toward Hyun Ae's school, hoping that she won't get mad for being late. Kevin whistled as he strolled the route. But then, his eyes were caught on something.

His smile on his face faded when he saw- Kibum was hugging Hyun Ae. He gulped, quickly hid behind the wall near the school. He stared at them silently. "Why is he hugging my wife?!"Kevin's heart yelled as he gritted his teeth. His blood started to boil up when he heard all Kibum's words. So, Kibum loves Hyun Ae?

[ Kevin's POV ]

I plopped my body onto the sofa and leaned my head on the upper side of it. I heaved a sigh as I placed my hands on my forehead, thinking about all Kibum's words.

"I'll do anything to get you though it'll sacrificing my life."

I gulped. So, Kibum do loves Hyun Ae. How come I didn't know about this earlier? Is that why she asked me to help her getting along with Kibum? Is it because- she loves him too? My head was about to explode when I thought about it. Damn it! I was planning to confess to her but now Kibum had interfee. And since Hyun Ae loves Kibum too, she'll totally reject me!

Suddenly, my phone echoed; caused me to snap from my thought. I tilted my head toward the coffee table where I put my phone. I reached for it and stared at the phone's screen. A message from Soo Hyun. I pressed the button on the phone and read the short text message. 

"We'll be having our reunion night along with Alexander and Kibum. Make sure you come to the practice room at 8 PM this Sunday."

I unconciously nodded and replied him with "Okay" and send it to him. Then, I put back the phone onto the table  and sighed. What should I do now?

----

Me and Hyun Ae was waiting for the others to come. Damn it! They told us to not be late but now they are the one who were totally late! I checked my watch and frowned. 15 minutes had passed, even our manager was not here. Are they going to let us die freezing here? I heaved a sigh and silently stared at Hyun Ae who was impatiently tapped her hands.

"Where are they?"she suddenly asked. I shrugged my shoulders and sighed. "I don't know."I mumbled. Soon, we heard squeals of joy coming from the side. Both of us tilted our head to the side and saw the other U-KISS was approaching us. How can they look so happy after letting us freezing here?!

"Oh, you two are here!"Aj squealed and ran toward us. I gave him an annoyed look. "Do you guys hate me so much until you guys wanted to kill me?"I muttered. I heard them chuckled, so do Hyun Ae. Dang! This is not funny! I'm totally freezing.

"Sorry, Kevin-ah. Just chill."Soo Hyun chuckled as he shove the key into the door knob, opened it and let all of us entered. I pouted, gave Hyun Ae a space so she could entered before I do. "What's the first plan?"Hoon suddenly asked and sat onto the floor, picking up all the trashes that we made yesterday. "Of course,"Alexander blurted.

"Food!"he squealed and giggled. We laughed at his own childishness. "Who's treat?"Dong Ho asked. Then, our eyes quickly glued on our manager and a mischiveous smile appeared on our face. Our manager sigh in defeated. "Okay."he pouted and quickly took out his phone from his pocket to called the deliveries.

We sat on a circle and started any conversations. Seriously, we had so much fun but, I realized something. Hyun Ae wasn't really enjoyed the fun. She was like zoning out and only spoke when the others asked her some question. I wonder why is she being like that?

 

After we ate all the foods, all of us started to tidy up. Throwing all the trashes into the dustbin and planned to play some games. "Hyun Ae, can you come with me?"I heard a voice from behind. I turned my face and saw- Kibum was holding Hyun Ae's hand. My eyebrows furrowed. From her face expression, I knew she was feeling hesitated but it looked like Kibum was dragging her out of the room.

Why did he want to be with her alone? Something's fishy.

I followed them quietly to the outside. I saw them stopped at the corridor and quickly hid behind the wall. Why is he holding her shoulders? Then, I saw him brought his face closer toward her. Don't tell me- he's going to- My instinct was right when I saw him- kissed her forehead.

My blood started to boil up. Why the hell did he kissed my wife?! He's not allowed to even touch her!

"Marry me, please."I heard him spoke when he pulled away his face. My heart ache. Kibum, proposing to Hyun Ae? That's unforgiveable. I stormed off back toward the practice room and sat with the others.

This is too much!