Birthday Party

Rules Of Marriage

[ Author's POV ]

Hyun Ae blinked her eyes innocently; feeling shocked at the same time. Her eyes were glued on the boys, still doesn't understand what was happening right now. "Happy birthday, Hyun Ae!"the boys squealed and quickly approached her. Kibum held the birthday cake and brought it closer toward her face. "Make a wish."he coed and smiled. Hyun Ae turned her face toward him. U-KISS started to get excited and motioned her to blow the candle quickly.

Slowly, a smile appeared on her lips. How should she describe her feeling now? Touched? It's more than that. 

Hyun Ae turned her face toward the yummy cake in front of her. She leaned her face closer and slowly blew the candle. Peoples in the house started to clap and squealed. "Happy birthday, Hyun Ae."U-KISS beamed once again. Hyun Ae slightly lifted her shoulders and smiled. "Thanks."she bowed. "But, how did you guys know today's my birthday?"she asked; urking her eyebrow in confusion.

"Kibum told us about it."Kiseop quickly replied. "Yeah, and Kevin hyung is the one who asked us to celebrate your birthday together."Dong Ho interrupted and smirked. Hyun Ae was taken aback, so do Kevin. Kevin glared at Dong Ho and gave him a 'why did you tell her, idiot?' look. Dong Ho innocently shrugged his shoulders and walked away; heading toward Soo Hyun.

Hyun Ae glanced at Kevin as she bit her lower lip. "Tha-thanks."she beamed; trying her best to give him a smile. Kevin turned his face toward her when he heard it. "You-you're welcome."he replied and quickly looked away, hiding his red face from her though she didn't realize it. Hyun Ae walked away; joined the others and left Kevin there.

Kevin watched as she left and sighed. He shove his hand into his pocket and took out something slightly to prevent the others from seeing it. He took a glance at it and sighed. It's a ring. A silver one with a small diamond at the center. Two small holes were decorated at the left and the right of the small diamond. Kevin sighed once again. "How am I suppose to give this to her?"he thought alone.

-Flashback-

"What does she likes?"Kevin asked as he leaned his body closer toward Sun Mi. Sun Mi remained silent for a while and tapped her chin continuously; trying to think what does Hyun Ae likes. "I'm not really sure."she beamed. Kevin's eyebrow furrowed when he heard it. "You're her friend. How come you didn't know?"he asked back; feeling frustrated at the same time. If Sun Mi didn't know what does Hyun Ae likes too, it's a waste for him meeting her.

"Look. Hyun Ae likes a lot of things. That's why I'm not really sure what does she likes the most."Sun Mi replied and sighed. Kevin looked down onto his hands and frowned. He then looked up at her. "What does she loves to do during her birthday?"he asked again. Sun Mi pursed her lips and then something hit her head. "She loves hanging out with her friends."she coed.

Kevin's face fell; doesn't believe what he just heard. "Only that?"he asked back. Sun Mi quickly nodded and smiled. "She's not like the others. Since she's poor, having time with her friends is a lot more precious rather than getting a present."Sun Mi slightly shrugged her shoulders. Kevin sighed, trying to think on how to make her happy during her birthday. "Can you help me with something on that day?"Kevin started again.

Sun Mi nodded; willing to help him anytime. 

----

Kevin walked along the route alone. Feeling frustrated since he didn't have any idea on what to give Hyun Ae during her birthday, he sigh. "What does girls like?"he thought alone. Suddenly, as he walked, Kevin's eyes were glued onto a medium size banner in front of him. He observed it carefully and a smile slowly appeared on  his face. Kevin entered a shop beside the banner and was greeted by a girl with a black uniform.

"May I help you, sir?"the girl bowed and smiled. Kevin slightly nodded. He observed the display glass in front of him, checking on what ring that caught his attention. Then, he saw a ring. A nice one. "This one should suit her."he thought alone and smiled. "Can I take a look at this one?"he said as he pointed his index finger toward the ring. The girl nodded and took it out from the display glass before handed it to him.

Kevin flipped the ring and observed it. "Girls usually love this design. It suits young woman especially when they're married."the girl interrupted; caused Kevin to glance at her. Kevin smiled. "I'll buy this one."he said and quickly took out a few cashes from his wallet. After buying the ring, Kevin walked out off the shop and headed toward the road.

He hummed a song as he stared at the ring continuosly. But then, something hit his head. "Why am I buying this ring?"he thought alone and frowned. Kevin gulped. "Am I hoping for something?"he thought again. Kevin remain silent and stared at the ring again.

"How am I suppose to give this to her?"

-End of Flashback-

Kevin sighed when he thought about it. He had realize how stupid he is now. How will Hyun Ae react if he give her the ring? She might think that he's crazy. That's what he thought. Kevin slipped the ring inside his pocket and stared at the others who were having fun right now.

"I'm totally crazy right now."he sighed.

----

"Guys, it's already late now."Soo Hyun beamed as he checked his watch. The others turned their gaze toward him. "You're right. I need to go back to Macau tomorrow."Alexander agreed and pouted. The others nodded in silent. All of them stood up; except Kevin and Eli who were totally drunk.

"Looks like they're drunk."AJ beamed as he pointed toward the boys. The others changed their gaze at them and sighed. "Why did you asked them to drink the beers?"Kiseop muttered and urked his eyebrow as he screwed his arms; annoyedly glanced at Hoon. "I didn't expect they'll drink that much."Hoon shrugged his shoulders innocently.

"What are we going to do?"Dong Ho asked. "Let's just bring Eli home. Kiseop, please help Hyun Ae bring Kevin upstairs."Alexander commanded. But, before Kiseop could agreed, Hyun Ae interrupted. "It's okay. I can settle him by my own."she smiled at them. The others looked at her and frowned.

"Is it okay? He's heavy."Kibum asked; urking his eyebrow in confusion. Hyun Ae quickly nodded. "Don't worry. He's not that heavy."she coed. "But-"Soo Hyun was cut-off when she interrupted. "No need to worry. You guys must be tired. Let me do this easy thing."she reassured them. All of them sighed in unison.

"Okay, we'll leave him to you."Alexander smiled. "I'll send you home, Sun Mi-ah."Kibum beamed as he took Sun Mi's hand who was sleepy. All of them started to walk out off the house, accompanied by Hyun Ae. They waved a goodbye to her before leaving. Hyun Ae watched as they dissapeared from her sight and quickly went back to the house.

Once she got to the living room, her eyes observed the condition of the house. It's totally a mess! Small pillows and snacks were splattered all over the floor. Hyun Ae heaved a sigh. She then started to tidy up the living room. Placing back all the small pillows to it's original place, sweeping all the snacks from the floor, wiped the table and threw all the trashes outside of the house.

After finish cleaning up, Hyun Ae smiled happily. She stared at the clean living room and sigh in relieved. But, that 'relief' didn't last long when she saw- the sleepy Kevin. He was sleeping peacefully onto the sofa; didn't even bother whether the house was in a mess or not. "This guy is killing me."Hyun Ae thought and sighed.

She walked toward the sleeping Kevin. Slowly, she took Kevin's hand and put it around her shoulders. Hoping that he wouldn't wake up from his peaceful sleep, Hyun Ae helped him get up from the sofa carefully. Hardly, she brought Kevin toward his room. "He's heavy."she whined inside and sighed.

Once they were in front of his room, Hyun Ae tried as best as she could to twist the door knob so that they can entered the room. When they were in the room, Hyun Ae headed toward the bed; letting go of Kevin's hand and carefully put Kevin on his bed. She stared at him and sighed as she sat beside him on the bed.

Hyun Ae reached out her hand; trying to put off Kevin's sweater. But, before she could able to do that, in a twinkling of an eye, Kevin hugged her. Hyun Ae was startled by his action. Her face turned into a red tomato as soon as she felt she was in Kevin's embrace. Hyun Ae tried her best to struggle and escaped from his unconcious action; hug.

But, the more she tried to escape, the tighter Kevin hugged her. She gave in and sighed. It was almost 10 minutes they stayed in that position and somehow, Hyun Ae felt comfortable. "It feels- so warm."she thought and closed her eyes gently. Though the smell of alcohol surrounded his body, the smell of his own fragrance made her feel comfortable. It's not the smell of a perfume. It's the smell of the soap that he always use.

Hyun Ae fluttered opened her eyes and stared at Kevin's face. "Why? Why did I- fall in love with you, Kevin?"she thought alone. Soon, clear beads escaped from her eyes and landed on Kevin's sweater. She just couldn't stop crying. Thinking on how stupid she is for falling in love with the guy that she wanted to hate.

Hyun Ae buried her face into Kevin's chest; trying her best to stop crying. "I love you, Kevin."she softly spoke.

 

The next day, Kevin woke up. He opened his eyes and somehow felt uncomfortable. Kevin blinked his eyes; trying to get clearer vision. He was shocked and startled at the same time when he saw- he was hugging his wife. Kevin breathe skipped as he stared at Hyun Ae's sleeping face. He gulped; realizing that his heart is beating rapidly now.

Kevin heaved a sigh. He brushed out her hair from her face and stared deeply onto her face. Kevin cupped her cheek gently. He then stared at her lips. Her red cherry lips that made his heart beated again. Slowly, Kevin leaned his face closer toward her; hoping that their lips will touch, for the first time.

But, when their lips were and inch away, Kevin stopped. He snapped out of his thought. His thought of kissing her. Kevin gulped and quickly pulled away his face slowly. He sigh in defeated.

"How am I going to forget about you, Hyun Ae?"