Lies

Rules Of Marriage

[ Author's POV ]

Hyun Ae went back into the house after finished watering the plants outside. She plopped her body tiredly onto the sofa and leaned her head onto the upper side of the sofa. Hyun Ae heaved a sigh. She's really bored now. She had done all the house cores and Kevin wasn't at home today. It feels like she's a lonely girl in a deserted house.

"What should I do today?"she thought and pouted. She snapped out of her thought when her phone suddenly coed. Hyun Ae tilted her head toward the coffee table, where she put her phone. She headed toward the coffee table and quickly grabbed her phone. "Hello?"she asked and waited. "Hyun Ae-ah! Where are you?"Kibum's voice was heard through the phone.

"I'm at the house, oppa. Why?"she asked back; as if didn't believe that Kibum was calling her. "I want to ask you out today. Are you free?"he asked back and smiled through the phone. Hyun Ae bit her lower lip while thinking. "No, I don't think I have plans today."she giggled. "Really? Good then. I'll pick you up at 3."he said and quickly hung up before she could say anything.

Hyun Ae heaved a sigh. "Why did he always in a rush these few days?"she thought alone. Hyun Ae then shrugged her shoulders and quickly headed toward her room to get ready. The clock showed 2:15 PM. There's still a plenty of time for her to get ready. She opened her closet and started to pick some clothes.

Her eyes were caught on a grey cardigan with a navy blue shirt. She took it out from the closet and placed it onto the bed. Then, she started to search for pants. Hyun Ae dug her closet and found a light blue jeans that really suit the cardigan. She smiled alone and started to change her cloth with the new cloth that she pick.

After finished changing her clothes, she headed toward the side table and started to put on some make-ups on her face. Then, she stared at herself at the mirror. A warm smile slowly appeared on her face. "I'm all done."she thought alone and smiled. Hyun Ae flashed a look toward the clock on the wall. 2:50 PM. Kibum might arrived in just few minutes.

Hyun Ae launched herself toward the living room and shove her feet into a pair of black sandals before going out off the house. A few minutes later, a blue-black car stopped in front of the house and the window at the driver seat slowly slide down; caused Hyun Ae to see Kibum. "Ready?"he asked and smiled.

Hyun Ae nodded and quickly hopped toward the passenger seat before the car brought them toward a big building near the city; a cinema.

----

"Thanks, oppa! The movie was really great."Hyun Ae squealed as she look at Kibum who was shoving his hands into his pockets. "I've told you, right? Next time you should go out and have some fun. Don't just stay at home."he beamed and replied her smile. "No worries."Hyun Ae giggled as she showed him a thumb up.

Kibum lifted his hand and placed it onto her head; ruffling her hair as he chuckled. "You're too cute, Hyun Ae-ah."he said. Hyun Ae slightly shrugged her shoulders and chuckled. She then turned her face toward the front and suddenly stopped walking. A smile that appeared on her face slowly faded away and was replace with- a weird yet sad expression.

Kibum, who realized that Hyun Ae's sudden changed, tilted his head toward the front. His smile too fell when he saw- Kevin and Min Ji in front of them. Holding hands as their fingers interwined with each other. Min Ji slowly hooked her hands around Kevin's arm as she spoke something which couldn't really be heard by Kibum and Hyun Ae.

Kevin, who was wandering his eyes toward the shops at his right side, changed his gaze toward the front and was shocked yet anxious when he saw Kibum with his wife. He stopped walking; caused Min Ji to turn her face toward his attention. "Hyu-hyung, what- are you doing here?"Kevin asked.

He secretly glanced at Hyun Ae who was staring at him. Hyun Ae then quickly looked away when she saw Kevin had realize her stares. "Omo! What are you two doing here? Are you two dating?"Min Ji interrupted as she loosen her hands onto Kevin. She stared at Hyun Ae who was looking down onto her own feet.

Kevin gritted his teeth when he heard the word 'dating'. How can his wife has a date with someone else when she's already had a husband? And why the hell did she's dating Kim Kibum?! "No, we're not. I'm just asking her out. What are two doing here anyway?"Kibum quickly replied and smiled.

Kevin changed his gaze at him and was about to reply when suddenly Min Ji interrupted. "We are dating!"she squealed as she hooked back her hands into Kevin's hands; caused the younger guy to startle with her own action. Hyun Ae's eyes widened when she heard it. She looked up at the couple and saw how happy Min Ji was to be beside Kevin.

Somehow, her heart ache when she knew that they're dating. But, why did they need to meet here? Why did she need to saw they were dating? God, why are you so cruel?

 

Both couples were sitting at a table for four. Hyun Ae was sitting beside Kibum while facing Kevin as Min Ji was sitting beside him, facing Kibum. The atmosphere was rather awkward and silent as none of them started to spoke. Until Min Ji, who was the brave one to spoke. "So, you two are just going out?"she asked again and stared at Kibum and Hyun Ae.

Kibum slightly nodded and smiled as a response. Min Ji heaved a sigh and slowly leaned her body onto the seat. "I thought you two were dating."she pouted and crossed her arms under her chest. "Kibum is right, Hyun Ae-ah. You should go out and have some fun. Don't just stay at home especially when you're so young and should hang out with your friends."she smiled at Hyun Ae.

Hyun Ae bit her lower lip and glanced at her. An awkward smile appeared on her lips. Hyun Ae then turned her face toward Kevin, who was looking at her from the beginning. "So- why didn't you tell me- that you're going- out?"Kevin asked; swallowed a mouthful of his saliva as soon as he finished his sentences.

"I-I forgot."Hyun Ae beamed and looked down, couldn't bare to look at his face which is obviously angry. "But, Kibum! You two look perfect together. Why don't you two just date?"Min Ji suddenly interrupted; caused both Hyun Ae and Kevin to stun after hearing her words.

They looked at each other and then quickly turned their face away. Kibum let out a chuckle and cupped his mouth slightly. "Really? I have the same feeling too. I love Hyun Ae, but she's already married."Kibum beamed and smiled at Min Ji. Hyun Ae looked at him weirdly, so do Kevin.

Kibum slowly dragged his hand and grabbed Hyun Ae's free hand under the table as he smiled at her. "What are you saying, oppa?"her heart yelled as she bit her lower lip. "Omo, really? I didn't know that."Min Ji excitedly covered and stared at Hyun Ae, who was dumbfounded with Kibum.

"But, it's so sad that you two were force to get married though you didn't love each other. Why don't you two just divorce?"Min Ji smiled at her and giggled. Both Kevin and Hyun Ae was taken aback when they heard it. Kevin glared at Min Ji as he gritted his teeth, trying to hold his anger. Just what's wrong with Min Ji? Is she trying to make Hyun Ae hurt? That's what Kevin thought.

Hyun Ae couldn't stand it anymore. The more she heard her words, the more she hurt. She just wanted to go away and left them alone with their date. When she was about to stand up, Kibum's grip onto her hand tighten as if he didn't want her to leave. He wanted her to stay there; facing everything that Min Ji might said though it'll hurt her heart.

But, the main point is, he wanted her to know that he's protecting her. "They can't. It's their father's demand so they can't resist."Kibum beamed and calmly smiled at Min Ji. Hyun Ae gave in, knowing that she'll obviously show them how hurt she is if she ran away. Min Ji heaved a sigh and pouted. "You're right."she said, feeling dissapointed.

"Oh yeah! Since you two loves each other, why don't you two join us on a double date next time?"Min Ji suggest. hoping that she'll get a positive response from them. Kibum slightly shook his head. "Sorry, but I think it's more comfortable for us to date alone."he replied. Min Ji slightly nodded and shut ; didn't know what should she said anymore.

----

Kibum and Hyun Ae entered the house as soon as they arrived. Hyun Ae tiredly brought her body toward the kitchen without even looking at Kibum. "Where are you going?"he asked and tilted his head. Hyun Ae stopped for a while and turned back; facing him. "I'm going to make tea for you."she beamed and walked back toward the kitchen.

Kibum heaved a sigh, knowing that she's trying her best to hide her anger. He followed her to the kitchen and looked at her worriedly. "Hyun Ae,"he started, caused Hyun Ae to turn her face toward him. "The guy that you love- is Kevin- right?"he asked. His voice barely escaped his throat. It just hurt so much for him to say it. The girl that he loves actually falling in love with his friend. How is he suppose to face that fact?

Hyun Ae gulped when she heard it. "How did he know?"she thought worriedly. "Do-don't be ridicilous, oppa. Wha-why should I- love him?"she stuttered and bit her lower lip. Kibum drew a long breathe. Hyun Ae can't lie to him anymore. He was way too smart than her.

"Stop lying, Hyun Ae-ah. I saw your expression when you saw Kevin with Min Ji. You are jealous."he sighed. Hyun Ae's breath skipped. What else could she said to him for excuses? Kibum walked toward her and leaned his body closer toward her. Slowly, he lifted his hands and covered her cheeks. "If you love him, why don't you confess?"he asked; urking his eyebrow along with a warm smile on his lips.

Hyun Ae bit her lower lip. Her eyes started to get watery when she heard it. Confess? How should she confess her love to a guy who didn't even love her? "I-I can't."she spoke. Her voice was wavery as she kneeled down; caused Kibum to bend to her level. "He loves Min Ji unnie. How can I confess to him?"she sobbed as tears started to flow down her cheek.

"It hurt so much, oppa. I don't want- to love him. I don't want to fall in love with him."she continued and looked down onto the floor. Kibum heaved a sigh. Feeling sad on how hurt Hyun Ae was, he's hurt too. Kibum pulled her into a hug and patted her back. "It's okay."he comforted her.

"If you kept loving him, you'll just get hurt. So, I'll help you. I'll help you to forget about him."he whispered.

 

Kevin walked away, didn't even bother Min Ji who was trying to catch up with him. "Kevin, can't you wait for me?"Min Ji annoyedly pouted as she grabbed his hand. Kevin turned his face toward her. Gritted his teeth while trying to hold his anger, he glared at her. "What's wrong with you noona?! Why did you said that?!"he shouted; caused Min Ji to step aback.

"What's wrong with me? I'm the one who should asked you. Why are you being so emotional when I said that you two should divorce?"she hissed and glared at him. Kevin clenched his fist tightly. How should he tell her that he's deeply in love with Hyun Ae? "You're falling for her, right?"Min Ji answered her own question.

Kevin was taken aback. He heaved a sigh. "I don't know what else should I say to you so you could believe me, noona."he facepalm, trying to calm himself. "Let's just forget about it, okay?"he said and tiredly brought his body toward the route.

Min Ji remain silent as she bit her lower lip. "I need to do something."she thought alone.

[ Your POV ]

I watered the plants at the lawn and heaved a sigh after finished. Kevin wasn't at home today since he's practicing, so I'm alone again. After rolling the hose and placed it neatly at it's place, I walked toward the door; hoping to get into the house. But before I could, I saw her. Min Ji unnie? What is she doing here?

She motioned me to come toward her so I did. I stopped in front of her; feeling awkward at the same time. "Do you have a free time? I wanted to talk something to you."she beamed. I nodded in reply and opened the gate to let her entered. We walked into the house and I asked her to seat. "I'll make some tea."I said and was about to walk toward the kitchen when she stopped me.

"There's no need to. It won't take an hour anyway."she said and asked me to seat in front of her. I nodded and sat on the sofa; feeling anxious at the same time. Why did she suddenly wanted to talk with me? Is there any important thing that she wanted to tell?

"I'll just go straightforward."she started and smiled. "You know, Kevin had changed a lot nowadays."she continued. What's with Kevin? Why did she wanted to talk to me about Kevin? "He didn't always pick up my calls nor replying my text messages. He also kept daydreaming when he's with me."she stated. Well, that's normal, right? He's always like that when he's with me except that he's really a jerk when we're together.

"I thought there must be something's wrong with him and I knew what it is."she continued. She glanced at me for a few minutes and parted her lips. "It's you."she beamed. I was taken aback when I heard it. Me? What's wrong with me? I didn't do anything toward him. "You guys had been together for such a long time and I'm sure- you started to develop a feeling toward him, right?"she urked her eyebrow.

Once again, I was taken aback. How did she know? We rarely meet each other and now she knew that I'm in love with Kevin? "Since you started to develop a feeling for him, you're trying to make him fall for you. And because of that, he changed and started to ignore me."she hissed.

Now, I'm mad! Who the hell she think she is for accusing me? I gritted my teeth and looked at her. "I just wanted to tell you to stop seducing him and trying to take him away for me. Just like I said to you before, Kevin- belongs to me."she crossed her arms as she rested her body onto the sofa.

I heaved a sigh and slightly shut my eyes. I need to think of something. Something that will make this to shut . Slowly, I opened my eyes and looked at her. "I think you must've been wrong. I've told you before that I didn't love him."I started and gulped. She urked her eyebrow. "And even now, I still don't love him instead I hate him. There's no way I'm going to fall for him."I continued.

"You don't have to worry, unnie. I won't take him away from you. I promise."