Divorce

Rules Of Marriage

[ Author's POV ]

Hyun Ae strolled through the corridor but then stopped after a few steps. She sank onto the floor and covered . Tears flowing endlessly from her eyes. It just hurt too much. "Why didn't he understand?"she thought and tried her best to wipe her tears. After a few minutes, she stood up and headed back toward Kibum's ward room.

She entered the room and slowly shut the door, peeked toward the unconcious Kibum. She heaved a sigh and somehow, a poisonous arrow shot her heart when she saw him. Hyun Ae approached toward a chair beside the bed and sat on it. She stared at Kibum and gulped.

Slowly, she lifted her hand and brought it nearer toward Kibum's hand. Their hands interwined with each other. Hyun Ae bit her lower lip, knowing that tears are going to fall again. "I-I'm sorry, oppa. I-It's all- my fault."she spoke softly and soon a clear bead escaped from her eyes once again. HyunAe buried her face into the bed and her grip onto Kibum's hand tighten.

"I'm sorry."she whispered before fell asleep.

----

Kibum frowned and fluttered opened his eyes. He heaved a sigh when he felt like a thousand of needles inject his head. Kibum tilted his head to the right and saw a figure sitting on the chair while holding his hand tightly. A warm smile appeared on his lips, knowing that the figure was Hyun Ae. "I must've made her felt worried."he thought and sighed.

Suddenly, he felt a movement and saw Hyun Ae tilted her head. She fluttered opened her eyes and blinked a few times to clear her vision. "O-oppa!"she spoke softly and stood up. Kibum gave her a smile and remain silent. "You're awake!"she squealed and quickly hugged him. Kibum let out a weak chuckle and smiled.

"I'll call the others."Hyun Ae continued when she broke the hug. She took out her phone and started to call the others.

 

A few hours later, U-KISS came along with Alexander and Hyung Jun. "Kibum-ah!"they squealed. Kiseop quickly hugged him as tears flowed down on his cheek. "You made us felt worried."he nuzzled his nose on Kibum's shoulders. Kibum chuckled. Kiseop broke the hug and smiled at him as he pouted.

"I'm fine now. All thanks to Hyun Ae."Kibum giggled. They smiled in unison. Hyung Jun approached Hyun Ae who was standing at the window. "Thanks for taking care of him."he bowed and smiled. "It's okay."she smiled and turned her gaze at Kibum who was busy chatting with U-KISS. Hyun Ae heaved a sigh, feeling relief that Kibum is fine now.

"You should go home, Hyun Ae-ah. You must've been tired."Soo Hyun suggested. Hyun Ae nodded and bowed toward the others before she left. Kevin followed her outside of the room and they headed toward the car park. He drove the car. It was silent as none of them spoke.

They remain silent along their journey toward the house. As soon as they arrived, Kevin and Hyun Ae entered the house. Hyun Ae launched herself toward the bathroom downstairs to get a fresh shower. After having the fresh shower and changed her cloth, she headed toward the living room, just to see Kevin was watching the television alone.

She heaved a sigh and gulped. "Wha-what do you want- for lunch?"she bit her lower lip. Kevin remain silent, didn't even turned his face toward her nor replying her question. Hyun Ae sigh in defeated and walked toward the kitchen to prepare lunch for them. She chopped the vegetables, meat and mix them to make kimchi since it was Kevin's favorite.

After finish making the lunch, she called him, signaling that the lunch is ready. Kevin walked toward the dining table and started to eat before Hyun Ae sat down. She bit her lower lip, thinking about Kevin's mean side today. She shove the food into and sometimes secretly glanced at Kevin who was busy eating.

It was silent. Again.

 

After finish eating his lunch, Kevin threw the remaining food in his plate into the dustbin and put it into the sink. He then walked back toward the living room, not even bothering about Hyun Ae. It was rather awkward for her when he acted like that. Hyun Ae washed all the dishes and headed toward the living room.

She sat beside him and hugged a small pillow. Hyun Ae secretly glanced at him as she bit her lower lip. She can't let the awkward atmosphere to continue. She need to at least say something if Kevin didn't really have any intention to start. Hyun Ae took a deep breathe and exhaled slowly. "Do you have any plan today?"she asked, faking a smile as she turned her face toward him.

Kevin remain silent; resting his head onto his back hand and continued watching the television. Hyun Ae bit her lower lip. "Hey, I'm asking."she blurted. Kevin shot her a death glare and gritted his teeth. "Stop butting in my life! I have no mood to talk to you!"he yelled; caused Hyun Ae to startle.

She blinked her eyes in disbelief. She was talking nicely to him but he replied her with that scary look?!

"What's wrong with you?!"Hyun Ae shouted, not feeling satisfied with Kevin's reaction. "What's wrong with me?! I should be the one to ask you that!"Kevin hissed, gritted his teeth when he thought about last night. Hyun Ae frowned when she heard it. "Wha-what do you- mean?"she asked again, taken aback.

"You shouldn't fall in love with another guy when you're married!"Kevin yelled, as loud as he could. Hyun Ae gritted her teeth. Another accusion for her. "What about you? You shouldn't fall in love with Min Ji unnie too!"she shouted, stood up and slammed the pillow in her hand onto the floor.

Kevin blinked his eyes as if he didn't believe that Hyun Ae was mad that he had love Min Ji, before. She stormed off toward her bedroom and slammed the door shut, making a loud noise. Kevin heaved a sigh and buried his face into his palms. "This is insane!"his heart yelled in frustration.

----

Since that day, Kevin and Hyun Ae didn't talk to each other. The only thing they did when they met was- walking passed by. Not even turned their face to look at each other nor talk.

It was getting late and Hyun Ae was being alone at the house. She sat on the sofa, sometimes checking the wall at the clock as she waited for Kevin to come home. "Where did he go?"she frowned. Then, she heard someone entered the house. Hyun Ae stood up, heading toward the front exit to check whether it was Kevin.

Her instinct was right when she saw Kevin was putting his sneakers onto the shoe rack. "Whe-where did you- go?"she bit her lower lip. Kevin heaved a sigh and walked passed by her. "None of your business."he beamed and quickly headed toward his room, leaving Hyun Ae alone.

Hyun Ae sigh in defeated. There's nothing else she could do to stop him. She walked toward her room, leaving her tears fall onto the floor.

 

The next day, Hyun Ae was washing the dishes when Kevin left after finishing his breakfast. She heaved a sigh and frowned. "Where did he go actually?"she thought and pouted. "Did he meet Min Ji unnie?"Hyun Ae gulped but then sigh in defeated. It was their daily routine since that day. Kevin will left the house after the breakfast and come back on midnight.

On the night, Hyun Ae will wait for him until he's back, like usual. When she heard the door opened, she headed toward the front exit and saw Kevin. "Whe-where did you go? You made me- felt worried."Hyun Ae bit her lower lip. Kevin gave her an annoyed look and put his shoes on the rack.

"I thought you were only worried about Kibum hyung."he muttered and walked passed by her. Hyun Ae gritted her teeth, trying to hold her anger. "Can you please stop it? Why are you getting mad because of it?"she blurted and sigh in defeated. Kevin turned his face toward her and clenched his fist tightly.

"I'm not mad. I'm angry. How can you fall in love with another guy when you're already married?!"Kevin yelled, caused Hyun Ae to step aback. Hyun Ae bit her lower lip. How could he accuse her for something she didn't do? "What about you?! You love Min Ji unnie, right? You didn't love me, so why are you-"she stopped when she felt tears rolled down on her cheek.

Hyun Ae looked down onto the floor as she tried to hold more tears from flowing. She clenched her fist tightly. When will this end?

Kevin heaved a sigh and placed his forehead in his palm. "If we kept being like this- let's just- divorce."he blurted and looked away.

[ Your POV ]

"If we kept being like this- let's just- divorce."he blurted and looked away. I could feel my heart beat skipped when I heard it. Divorce? No, I don't want to get divorce. I want to stay with you, Kevin. I love you but- why can't you see? Why do you keep being like this?

My hands shivered as I gulped. Maybe, this is the best. If I continue living with him, I might just get hurt again and again. He didn't love me so why do I need to be with someone whom didn't ever caught his eyes on me.

I looked up at him and wiped my tears. "Okay, let's divorce."