Game

Rules Of Marriage

[ Author's POV ]

Kevin and Hyun Ae was having their breakfast together. It was silent as none of them spoke. The only sound that could be heard were the sounds of the spoon collides with their plates. Kevin secretly glanced at Hyun Ae who was enjoying her breakfast without even bothering him. He gulped and heaved a sigh. Should he apologize? For what Min Ji had said to her two days ago.

"He-hey,"he started and gulped. Hyun Ae stopped eating and looked at him. "I-I'm sorry."he beamed and looked down onto his food. Hyun Ae urked her eyebrow in confusion. "For what?"she asked, didn't even understand why Kevin was apologizing to her. "For what Min Ji had said two days ago. She was a bit too harsh."Kevin hesitatedly stated. He bit his lower lip as his grip onto his spoon tighten.

Hyun Ae remain silent for a while. She thought about what had happen two days ago. She remembered telling Kibum about her feeling toward Kevin. And she also remembered telling Min Ji to not worry about her taking Kevin away from Min Ji. Now, since when did she become a big liar? Hyun Ae heaved a sigh. "It's okay."she beamed and faked a smile toward Kevin.

Kevin secretly sigh in relief. He stared at Hyun Ae who had continue eating her breakfast. "Ca-can I- ask you something?"Kevin searched her face. Hyun Ae looked up and blinked her eyes innocently. "What is it?"she asked back and waited. "Are you- really dating with- Kibum hyu-hyung?"Kevin gulped as he asked her. Hyun Ae was taken aback when she heard it.

"N-no, I-I'm not. He was just- joking."Hyun Ae bit her lower lip. Another lie, she thought. Kevin slightly nodded and looked down. Hyun Ae stared at him and gulped. "Why did he asked that?"she frowned but then shook her head and continued eating her breakfast.

----

Hyun Ae was heading toward her school alone. She heaved a sigh as she waited for the green light to cross the road. When the green light appeared, she was about to walk when suddenly someone grabbed her arm; caused her to stop. Hyun Ae turned her gaze toward her arm and then looked up to see who's grabbing her arm. "Ki-Kibum oppa?"Hyun Ae tilted her head. Kibum smiled at her and slightly shrugged his shoulders.

"You should wait for me, Hyun Ae-ah."he coed and slowly loosen his grip onto her arm. Hyun Ae awkwardly smiled at him and bit her lower lip. "So-sorry."she slightly bowed. Kibum let out a chuckle and heaved a sigh. "How are you feeling now?"Kibum asked and wrapped his arm around her shoulders.

Hyun Ae tilted her head in confusion. What does he meant by that question? "Awkward? It's okay, I won't tell anyone though."Kibum continued and smiled. Hyun Ae remain silent. How should she response to him? "Just like I told you that night, I'll help you forget about him."he giggled.

Hyun Ae gulped as she stared silently at Kibum. "O-oppa,"she started. "Why did you have- to do this? It'll make you feel hurt too."she sigh in defeated. Kibum turned his gaze toward her. A warm smile appeared on his lips. He didn't know that Hyun Ae cared about him too.

Kibum slowly sigh. "Because I love you."he replied and slightly shrugged his shoulders. "It's okay if I feel hurt as long as you'll love me."he continued and grinned. Hyun Ae was taken aback when she heard it. Somehow, she felt guilty. Guilty for falling in love with Kevin though Kibum had love her so much now.

Why does this thing should happen? Why did her heart change suddenly when there's someone who loves her more than anything? Hyun Ae need to do something. Something that'll never break Kibum's heart nor her. Something that'll make Min Ji leave her and something that'll make Kevin- to realize Min Ji's existence back.

 

After school, Hyun Ae headed back toward her house. She put her shoes onto the shoe rack and quickly entered her bedroom. Then, after having a shower, she cooked the dinner and have the dinner with Kevin. It was a usual night. After having their dinner, Kevin and Hyun Ae watched the television together.

None of them spoke as their eyes glued onto the television's screen. Well, except for Hyun Ae who kept thinking about something. She secretly glanced at Kevin who was watching the television and gulped. Hyun Ae bit her lower lip; feeling hesitated whether to talk to him or not.

But, she need to do something. She had promised to Min Ji that she wouldn't take Kevin away from her and she doesn't want Kibum to keep waiting for her. She must change her heart back and go to Kibum. Being in love with him again just like before she fall in love with Kevin.

"He-hey,"she started after a long time thinking. Kevin turned his gaze from the screen and looked at her. "Ca-can I- ask you something?"she asked as she gulped. Kevin tilted his head in confusion. "Sure. What is it?"Kevin asked back; urking his eyebrow and waited more from her. Hyun Ae took a deep breath and slowly exhaled as she looked at Kevin's eyes deeply.

"Do you- love- Min Ji unnie?"she took the courage to ask. Somehow, her heart ache when she asked it. Of course she knew that Kevin loves her. Why did she need to ask and received the same answer that'll only broke her heart?

Kevin was taken aback. Why did she asked him that question? How should he answer? "Wha-why did you- ask?"he asked back. His heart beated rapidly now. "It-it's because both of us were force to get married- though we don't love each other."Hyun Ae stated as she bit her lower lip.

"You love Min Ji unnie. So- I thought that I could- help you with her."she continued. Hyun Ae felt reluctant when she finished her words. Help Min Ji? Why did she need to help Min Ji with Kevin though she loves Kevin so much? "Help me- with her?"Kevin asked; urking his eyebrow and feeling confused at the same time.

Hyun Ae slightly nodded and sighed. "Why don't we play a game?"she suggested. Kevin tilted his head. "A game?"he asked. Hyun Ae nodded once again. "Yeah, a game. If you win, I'll help you with Min Ji."she beamed and faked a smile. Kevin remain silent for a while. He stared at her and furrowed his eyebrows.

"What if you win?"he asked and urked his eyebrow. Hyun Ae bit her lower lip and gulped. Should she say it?

"Help me going along with Kibum oppa."

[ Kevin's POV ]

"Help me going along with Kibum oppa."I was taken aback when I heard it. Help her with Kibum? Why? Did she like him? But, she said that they are not dating this morning and why the hell that she wanted to get along with Kibum? "Ki-Kibum hyung?"I urked my eyebrow. She slightly nodded.

I gritted my teeth and somehow felt angry. "Why should I help you to get along with Kibum hyung?"I asked and sighed heavily. "Be-because I don't love you either."she bit her lower lip. My heart ache when I heard her answer. Yeah, she's right. She doesn't love me. Only I'm the one who fell for her.

I'm such a fool! Why do I fell in love with a girl who doesn't even love me? Maybe, I just should forget about her. Yeah, this is the best way. If she helps me to get back with Min Ji and I help her with Kibum, maybe my love toward her will fade.

I looked at her and sighed. Feeling reluctant, I replied.

"Deal!"