Surprise

Don't Be Afraid of Me

SKYE'S POV

    I shut the front door carefully, turning to lean my back against it and close my eyes. I kicked my shoes off, my eyes still closed, and dropped my heavy bags. I was absolutely exhausted, and couldn't wait to go take a hot shower.
    I walked through the dark, empty house and wondered where everyone was. I finally shrugged, going to my bedroom to undress and scurrying across the hallway to the bathroom with a towel wrapped around myself. I twisted the hot water knob on and stepped into the shower, gallons of hot water pounding down soothingly onto my shoulders.
    I sighed, relaxing and turning in a slow circle. After scrubbing my hair and body, I took another moment to breathe in the hot steam and relax. Chanyeol had been avoiding me all week and it was starting to make me worry. Was he not interested in me anymore? The thought made my heart ache, and I stepped out of the shower. 
    Drying off and wrapping the towel around me again, I turned and ran back into my room. I locked the door, not wanting any of the boys to walk in by accident, and turned around to get dressed. I shrieked, flattening myself against the door and looking down to make sure the towel covered me completely when I saw a boy standing by my closet.
    "Hey, Skye." Key said with a friendly smile, turning around and completely ignoring the multiple colors my face was probably turning.
    "Key, what are you doing here?!" I shrieked, trying to back up even more. Key watched me then snorted, turning back to my closet.
    "Would you calm down? I didn't see anything~" Key said, looking through my clothes and clicking his tongue disapproving. I let out an indignant squeal and watched him as he shook his head, turning to grab a box on my bed.
    "Luckily, I came prepared." Key said, opening the box and pulling out a pile of fabric. "Put that on." 
    "Why?" I asked suspiciously. Key sighed, turning around and gesturing for me to grab the clothing. 
    "It's a dress. Just humor me." Key said. "I won't look, don't worry."
    I gave him one more suspicious glance and then nodded, slipping on underwear before picking up the dress. It was made of slippery silver silk, shimmering through my fingers sleekly. I pulled it over my head gently, tugging it down to get it in place.
    "Okay." I said, making Key turn around. He strode forward confidently, reaching out to adjust the dress on me until it hung perfectly.
    "Breathtaking." Key said in a satisfied voice, pulling out a pair of strappy silver heels. I slipped them on, knowing better than to argue with Key, and he pulled me to the bathroom.
    "What now?" I asked, sitting down in the chair Key presented, obediently facing away from the mirror. Key didn't speak, instead moving forward to play with my wet hair. 
    Key finally started moving, blow-drying my hair and then beginning to braid and twist it gently. I sat there in confusion, letting him do whatever he wanted. Afterwards, he started on my makeup. Finally, Key sat back and smiled at me widely, nodding excitedly.
    "Perfect!" Key smiled, grasping my hand and pulling me back into the bedroom. He handed me silver earrings and draped a silvery necklace around my neck. 
    "Look." Key said finally, turning me towards a full-length mirror in the corner. I looked back at the exquisite creature in the mirror with awe, wondering if it was really me. I raised my hand and waved, gasping when the girl waved back. 
    The dress slipped off my curves gracefully, the single shoulder strap holding it up elegantly. The silver silk shone in the faint bedroom light, tiny beaded crystals along the waist catching the light and matching the necklace and earrings. My black hair was secured in a waterfall braid, curling softly down my shoulders and framing my face. My skin looked fair and flawless, dark eye make-up accentuating my blue eyes. My red lips curled in a smile and I looked over at Key in delight.
    "Thank you." I smiled at him, but he waved his hand dismissively. 
    "I had fun. Now, go out the door." Key said, opening the door for me and giving me a mischievous wink. I smiled again, gliding forward and exiting the room.  
    I saw a small trail of red rose petals leading into the kitchen. I tilted my head to the side, the long dangling earrings resting along my neck coldly, and walked into the kitchen. The lights were turned off, all except for a few candles burning on the counter, throwing long shadows around the room. 
    "This way, madam." Baekhyun appeared out of the darkness, making me give a startled gasp and smack his arm. 
    "Don't DO that." I hissed, looking him up and down. He was dressed elegantly in a white button-down shirt, a black skinny tie, and black pants. He beckoned for me to follow him, and I reached out to turn on the lights.
    Baekhyun reached back quickly with one wing, smacking my hand away from the light switch and continuing to walk. I sighed, wondering what was going on, and followed Baekhyun along the trail of roses. 
    Baekhyun led me outside to the backyard, making me look around in wonder. Thousands of tiny lights were strung through the branches of the trees, making the backyard glow gently. Yixing played soft music on a piano to the left, Jaeshin standing by and accompanying him with a violin. 
    I looked around with a smile, making Baekhyun look back at me and smile. Shifting my gaze in front of us, I smiled wider when I saw Chanyeol stand up. He was sitting at a table for two, spread with silvery candles and delicate china. 
    "Skye. You look...wow." Chanyeol said, giving me an enraptured look. I smiled, Chanyeol stepping forward to pull out my chair for me. He was wearing a well-cut tuxedo, his eyes sparkling in the candle light.
    "Chanyeol, what is all this?" I whispered, smiling at him. Chanyeol only smiled mysteriously, turning to meet Baekhyun who was appearing with trays of food.
    "I hope you like it." Chanyeol said, looking over at me. Baekhyun placed a bowl of soup in front of me, Tao giving Chanyeol his. Tao turned to me with a knowing smile and winked, making me smile back. 
    I raised my spoon, taking a small sip of the chowder. It was delicious and I took a bigger bite, Chanyeol eating his own. Soon Tao and Baekhyun appeared with steaks and pasta, Chanyeol and I eating those quickly too. 
    "Dessert." Baekhyun said, setting down a giant slice of chocolate lava cake in between us. Chanyeol and I both met each other's eyes across the table, grabbing our spoons and smiling challengingly.
    I raised my spoon, diving forward to take a bite and Chanyeol did the same. I whacked his wrist with my spoon, making drop his piece of cake, and grabbed it. This resulted in an all-out war that ended with both of us having chocolate-covered wrists, and we were both laughing so hard we could hardly breathe. 
    I clutched my forearm across my side, taking large unattractive snorts of air, Chanyeol doing the same. Finally we both stopped laughing, Yixing and Jaeshin trying their best to maintain their composure and continue their sweet music. 
    Chanyeol gazed at me gently from the other side of the table, his pink lips slightly parted and his brown eyes gleaming. I leaned forward, smiling at him teasingly, and his lips spread more in another signature grin. 
    "What is it?" I asked, looking up at him. Chanyeol grasped my hand on top of the table, curling his fingers around my palm, and slowly got up. 
    Chanyeol moved until he was standing next to me, then slowly got down on one knee. I watched in shock at Chanyeol looked up at me before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a small box. 
    "Skye." Chanyeol started, his deep voice breaking from nerves and making a chorus of snickers come from the watching wolves and kitsunes on the roof of the house. Chanyeol cleared his throat and tried again, looking up at me.
    "Skye. I love you so much. You've been there to help me since before you even knew me, and I can always count on you being by my side. I want you to be able to count on me too. I want nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with you, whether I die tomorrow or 100 years from now." Chanyeol said, opening the box and presenting a silver band with a diamond.
    "So, I'm asking you...to marry me." Chanyeol said, looking up at me. I drew in a shaky breath, looking down at my wobbling hands before looking back into Chanyeol's eyes. 
    "Yes." I whispered. I nodded, then cried out louder, "Yes!" 
    I launched myself forward, Chanyeol catching me and sweeping me up into a hug, lifting my feet off the ground. His arms closed around me protectively as I mumbled yes into his shoulder a million times.
    We finally pulled back, Chanyeol reaching out and sliding the ring onto my finger. I let out an emotional laugh, tears pooling in my eyes as Chanyeol kissed my sweetly. Hoots of victory sounded on the rooftop, the wolves jumping down to hug and congratulate us. 
    I looked around happily, smiling so wide I thought my face would crack. The lonely girl I was a few months who had no family? She was gone now. I looked around at my new family members, being swept off my feet countless times and feeling my heart float around in my chest like it had wings. 
    I was going to be so happy. Really and truly happy. For the rest of my life.

OMG guys I finished the book! They'll be one or two more epilogue chapters to wrap it up, but this is the unofficial end. I want to say thank you so much to all my silent readers, commentors, subscribers, and upvoters. You guys have loved this story so much, it makes me so happy. I hope the ending pleased you, please leave me a comment if you have a certain scene you want me to add into the epilogue or make into a oneshot.
Thank you so much to everyone~ I love you guys!
Hwaiting!
-Sujin
<3