Fight

Don't Be Afraid of Me

SKYE’S POV

I sat down next to Chanyeol, watching Baekhyun carefully wrap a length of gauze around a cut on Chanyeol’s side. Dusk had fallen and now we were sitting beneath the stars, a fire blazing in front of us. There were hundreds of us now, thanks to Baekhyun, camping on the cliff and in the woods by it.

Baekhyun turned to side, hitting me lightly in the head with the tip of one wing.

"Hey!" I said. He turned back to me, smiling slightly, and his wing fluttered a little closer to him. I shot him a playful look, and Chanyeol chuckled.

"Sorry. I’m not used to these yet." Baekhyun said. I nodded, not truly minding, and Chanyeol wrapped his arm around me. I snuggled into his side, not missing the prick of hurt in Baekhyun’s eyes.

"Come on, we should get to sleep." Baekhyun said. I nodded, making my way over to where Peniel’s truck was parked. We could sleep in there on the floor to avoid sleeping on the snow, but it was freezing cold.

I climbed in, letting Chanyeol wrap his arms around me. I still shivered, able to see my breath, and smiled when Baekhyun appeared on my other side. He scooted closer, also coiling his arms around me, and spread his wings over both Chanyeol and I. They formed a warm tent, wrapping around us comfortingly. I sighed, reaching up my hand cautiously. I wanted so badly to touch his wing with my hand, but I was too embarrassed to ask.

"Go ahead." Baekhyun opened one eye, looking at my hand hovering above his wing, and he rolled his eyes. I smiled sheepishly at him, resting my hand gently on the feathers.

I petted his wing softly, not wanting to hurt him, but when he showed no discomfort I slipped my fingers under the tough layer of outer feathers. The inside feathers were warm and downy, and then I reached his skin. It was warm and slightly leathery, but still soft, and I ran my fingertips over it gently.

"Mmmm..." Baekhyun moaned suddenly, startling all three of us. Chanyeol chuckled and I giggled, watching his cheeks turn red with embarrassment. I dug my fingernails softly into the skin, scratching it gently. Baekhyun’s wing fluttered closer to me and he arched closer to me, mewling with pleasure. I laughed again, continuing to pet and scratch his wings until he fell asleep, smiling down at his face. It felt so good to be able to touch him, to see him breathe, to feel his heart beat. I had missed my Baekhyun.

Woah, what? MY Baekhyun? He wasn’t MY Baekhyun, he was just Baekhyun. I had Chanyeol, I loved Chanyeol. But I couldn’t deny the little voice that wriggled around in my head and whispered to me, "You love Baekhyun too."

 

In the morning, I rose to find Baekhyun’s wings curled over me still. I got up, pushing them aside gently, and went out to find Chanyeol. I found him with everyone else, staring over the side of the cliff in disbelief.

"What?" I asked, stepping forward to peer down. I paused in shock, frowning and stepping closer to Chanyeol.

"They’re all gone. They left sometime during the night." Chanyeol said. He was right, all the enemy troops were completely gone, leaving nothing but trampled snow behind.

"They can’t have gone far. We have to chase after them." Kris said. Suho shook his head, looking at all the allies we had standing behind us.

"This isn’t over yet, I agree. But we should use this time to regroup. All of us are weak and some are injured. We should wait a few days." Suho said. Kris nodded after a moment, and I went back to talk to Baekhyun.

"Hey, Baek." I smiled, walking inside. He looked up, yawning and rubbing his messy bed hair. I smiled at it sticking out everywhere, and knelt down in front of him to fix it.

I leaned forward, reaching out to fix his hair, and Baekhyun caught my eye for a second. Before I knew it, Baekhyun’s lips were pressed against mine. His hands curled around the back of my head, his mouth opening mine, and I muffled a squeak when his tongue s in. He kissed me for several seconds, his thumb rubbing circles on my cheek, before pulling back and leaving me shocked.

"Skye, I’m crazy about you. And I couldn’t do anything about it before because I was dead but now-" Baekhyun spoke rapidly, still circles on my cheek and peering deeply into my eyes. I was frozen in shock, mouth open and heart beating too fast.

"What the hell is this?!" Chanyeol’s voice cut Baekhyun off, and we both spun to see Chanyeol standing in the doorway of the truck, eyes sparking furiously.

"Chanyeol-" Baekhyun started, standing up hurriedly. I was still in shock, my mouth hanging open dumbly, and I stood slowly.

"Damn it, Baekhyun! What the hell are you thinking?" Chanyeol started forward, looking about three seconds away from tearing Baekhyun apart.

"Chanyeol, you have to understand I love her too. I have as much right to try to win her affection as you-" Baekhyun was cut off by Chanyeol’s fist flying into his face, claws slashing deeply into Baekhyun’s chest when Chanyeol continued the blow downwards. Blood flowed down and Baekhyun jerked back, touching a hand to his chest. It came away dripping silver fluid, and I stepped in between the two of them.

"Chanyeol, stop!" I exclaimed, pushing him backwards. He growled at me, shaking his head, and I stood in front of Baekhyun.

"Why do you always defend him?!" Chanyeol cried, his hurt starting to show in his voice.

"Chanyeol, you need to calm down." I said. Chanyeol shook his head, shooting one more furiously betrayed looked at Baekhyun before he turned and ran out of the trailer, fleeing into the morning.

BAEKHYUN’S POV

I’m such an idiot. I looked down at the wound in my chest, the silver blood already disappearing as it healed up. I clenched my fist, my blunt fingernails digging into my skin and tearing crescent shaped cuts into my palm. I missed my claws.

I felt my fangs snap down into my mouth, missing the matching bottom set I had when I was a wolf. I only had two now, but I supposed the wings made up for it. I looked over at Skye, wishing there was something I could do to comfort her.

You’ve done enough, Baekhyun.

Instead, I turned around and slunk away, my wings getting caught on the side of box as I tried to walk away. I tugged it, trying to free it, and hissed in pain when a nail on the box ripped a slash into my skin under the feathers.

"Ah!" I turned, trying to inspect my wing. The cut hurt like hell, even though it was tiny, and I spread the feathers. The skin around the cut was burned, looking a lot like when silver had touched me before.

I turned, grabbing the nail, and yanked my hands back immediately with a curse and a yelp. The iron burnt me.

"What’s wrong?" Skye asked, coming closer. I shook my head, turning and walking away. I needed to see Yixing for healing, but I also had to find Chanyeol.

I shouldn’t have kissed Skye. She isn’t mine, and I know it. It was a stupid mistake, and I wanted nothing more than Chanyeol’s forgiveness.

I ignored getting my wing healed, instead trying to find Chanyeol’s scent. I got it, and ran forward a few steps then leapt into the air. My wings spread wide, and I struggled to stay afloat. Finally, I got the hang of it, and I couldn’t resist laughing. I was flying! How many people dream of this? And I was here, doing it.

I looked down, peering through the trees and trying to find where Chanyeol was. I finally found him, sitting at the edge of a frozen stream, sulking. I slowly spiraled down, landing next to him and holding up my hands to ward off an attack.

"What do you want?" Chanyeol asked. I shrugged.

"I just want to talk." I said. Chanyeol raised his head, revealing he had been crying, and I felt my heart soften even more.

"Then talk."

Will the boys be able to talk it out? Guys, I wrote three updates in one night! Who’s proud of me? ^^

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote! I love you all~

Saranghamnida, kamsamnida!

This chappie’s dedicated to my bae, I love you! ^^

-Sujin

<3