Pain

Don't Be Afraid of Me

BAEKHYUN'S POV

    I pushed Ling off of me, breaking her kiss and looking down at her like she was crazy. Memories flashed through my head of Tao's family, his younger sister Ling running away when she heard Tao was changed into a wolf. She hated wolves, so what was she doing here now...kissing me?!
    "What the hell are you doing here?" I asked. I heard the door slam, looking up and seeing Jaeshin was gone. , he probably thought Ling and I were together. 
    "Just looking for my brother." Ling said, batting her eyelashes as she looked up at me. I snorted in disgust, turning away from her. She grabbed my wrist, pulling me back, and I shook her off roughly. 
    "Don't come near the pack." I warned, pushing her back and stalking out of the door. I heard her call out behind me but I ignored her, running towards the exit of the day camp. 
    Jaeshin couldn't have gotten far, I would find him and explain and everything would be fine. Right? Four hours later proved me wrong as I wandered through the rain, nearly hysterical as I looked for Jaeshin. 
    I pulled out my phone finally, dialing Sehun. He finally picked up, his voice bleary and scratchy with sleep. 
    "Wha'?" Sehun asked. I sighed slightly in relief, stopping to lean against a nearby building. 
    "I can't find Jaeshin!" I said, looking around. My clothes were soaked with rain, and I could hear Sehun moving around on the other side of the phone. 
    "Where are you?" Sehun asked. I heard him talking to Lu Han in the background, and hurriedly told him my location. 
    "We'll come from the opposite way. See you in about 10 minutes." Sehun said. I nodded, hanging up, then twisted my hands nervously. Please get here soon. 


SEHUN'S POV

    I bowed my head against the rain, hunching my shoulders and keeping my hands stuffed in my pockets. Lu Han walked next to me, neither of us speaking as we moved towards Baekhyun. I breathed in deeply, savoring the fresh scent of the rain, and stiffened when I caught the thick metallic tang of blood.  
    "Lu Han." I tapped his arm, breathing in and looking down. A trickle of red by my feet caught my eye, and I followed it to a puddle of bloody water. Lu Han gave a small shout a few feet ahead of me, and I ran forward. 
    "Sehun, get him home now." Lu Han said, looking down at Jaeshin. He was crumpled on the ground, soaked with blood and rain, and I heard the slow beating of his heart. His wings were stretched out behind him, broken near the base, and he was covered with bruises and cuts. 
    "Find Baekhyun." I reminded Lu Han. I stooped down, picking up Jaeshin as gently as possible and draping him over my back. 
    I took off running in the direction we had come, trying to go as quickly as possible without hurting Jaeshin. He bumped against my back slightly when I ran, softly. I bit my lip, wondering how on earth Baekhyun could've left him alone like this. 
    I burst into the house, the door slamming the opposite wall as I kicked off my shoes and ran towards the nearest bedroom. I set Jaeshin down in the bed, sprinting through the house to find Yixing. I cursed when I remembered Yixing and Suho had left two days ago with Xiumin and Chen to go fishing. 
    "Is anyone home?!" I yelled frantically, running back to Jaeshin's room. He hadn't moved, still stretched out on his side and unconscious.
    "Sehun?" I looked up gratefully, surprised when a young man a few years older than me walked into the room. I recognized him after a few seconds, flashing Baekho a small smile. The warlock nodded back, looking past me and frowning when he saw Jaeshin.
    "What happened?" Baekho asked, striding forward and resting his fingers against Jaeshin's neck softly. His hands travelled lower, feeling for broken bones with practiced ease, and I breathed a sigh of relief at having him here.
    "We found him out in the rain." I said, looking at Jaeshin. His shirt had ripped in a few places, revealing bruised and cut skin underneath, and Baekho opened his phone.
    "Aron?" Baekho spoke into the phone, checking Jaeshin for a fever with his free hand. "Could you come give me a hand with healing someone?"
    Baekho nodded at Aron's reply, closing his phone and regarding Jaeshin's wings carefully. Both wings were fractured near the base, twisting painfully to the right. 
    "He got kicked here." Baekho noted to himself, mumbling as he took stock of Jaeshin's injuries. "Broken arm. Fractured ribs." 
    "Is he going to be okay?" I asked, hanging back anxiously. Baekho looked over at me like he had forgotten I was there, nodding absent-mindedly.
    "I think so." Baekho said. The doorbell sounded and I ran to answer it, opening it to reveal Aron. The warlock strode past me with a smile, walking to where Baekho was and leaning over Jaeshin.
    "Healing?" Aron asked. Baekho nodded and they spoke in whispers for a moment, Aron finally reaching out and feeling Jaeshin's injuries.
    "This could be a problem." Aron said softly, his hand touching Jaeshin's hip gently. Baekho placed his hand on Jaeshin's hip too and winced sympathetically.
    "Broken?" Baekho asked, looking up. Aron nodded, feeling around experimentally.
    "Badly. Three places." Aron said. Baekho nodded, rolling up his sleeves and stepping around to Jaeshin's head.
    "I'll take ribs and arm, you take hip." Baekho said. Aron nodded, spreading his fingers around Jaeshin's hip and making his eyes and hands glow a steady green. 
    I watched as Aron poured everything he had into the spell, Baekho moving quickly from Jaeshin's arm to his ribs, and then on to the cuts covering his body. Finally Aron relaxed, taking a step back and staggering slightly.
    "That's all I can do. He has to the heal the rest on his own." Aron said, looking over at Baekho. Baekho nodded, looking at the cuts and bruises still on Jaeshin, then turned to me.
    "We've done all we can. Call someone to come heal his wings, we're not messing with them." Baekho said, looking at me. I nodded blankly, still not quite sure what they had done. 
    "Bye." Aron waved at me, turning and walking back out with Baekho.
    I stayed where I was for a second, trying to figure out what to do next, and then shook myself firmly. 
    "Clean his cuts, get him some water, wake him up." I chanted under my breath to myself, trying to pull it together. 
    I ran and grabbed Yixing's first-aid kit, opening it up and grabbing a bowl of hot water. I took off Jaeshin's shirt carefully, wincing when I brushed against his wings and he moaned. Dipping a clean cloth into the hot water, I sponged the blood off his torso carefully.
    "Jaeshin!" I turned, sighing slightly when Lu Han and Baekhyun ran into the room. Baekhyun immediately took the cloth from me, taking my spot and cleaning the blood off Jaeshin's torso. I turned back to Lu Han, filling him in while Baekhyun kept cleaning, lost in his own world. 

BAEKHYUN'S POV

    I leaned forward, wiping blood off Jaeshin's lips as gently as I could with the cloth, looking down at him. His eyes were closed peacefully, a black bruise spreading on his right eye, and I looked at his destroyed wings with a pang.
    I reached out, closing my eyes and resting my hand gently on his wings. I felt them shifting around under my hand as I healed them, pulling my hand back and opening my eyes. Jaeshin opened his eyes a few seconds later, looking around groggily and wincing with pain. He jerked when he saw me, struggling to move back and stopping with a raw yell of agony, his hand going to his hip.
    I reached out to help him but Jaeshin fixed me with a venomous look and struggled back more. 
    "Don't touch me." Jaeshin hissed at me, his lips swollen and split. I bit my lip, watching him shiver slightly and keep his hand pressed against his hip.
    "Let me help-" I started forward and Jaeshin bared his teeth with a hiss.
    "I don't need your help!" Jaeshin said, his eyes narrowing in a threatening glare. I stepped back, feeling Lu Han and Sehun's eyes on us. 
    "But you're hurt." I said, swallowing and looking over at Jaeshin. He turned his head away from me, a colorful bruise blooming along his jawline, and swallowed.
    "Why do you care?" Jaeshin asked, refusing to look at me. I saw a tear hovering in his eye and bit my lip again.
    "Because I love you." I said, reaching out again to heal Jaeshin's hip. He reached out and slapped my hand away angrily, attempting to curl up in a painful ball.
    "Don't lie to me, Baekhyun." Jaeshin said, turning away. I sighed, hunching my shoulders and dropping my hand to my side.
    "If you need me, I'll be down the hall." I said, turning and walking out of the room.

JAESHIN'S POV

    I watched Baekhyun walk away, swallowing again and blinking away more tears. My entire body ached, my hip sending throbbing flares of agony through me. Lu Han stepped forward after a few seconds, resting his hand on my shoulder.
    "Let me see your hip." Lu Han said firmly, his voice soft and low. I let my hand drop away, wincing as he pulled the waistband of my jeans down slightly, revealing a black bruise shot through with flashed of purple and green.
    "Aron said it was still broken." Sehun murmured next to Lu Han. His hands ghosted along my hip, making me yell out again when he pressed in a little.
    "Two places. This is going to take forever to heal on its own." Lu Han said, looking over at me.
    "Let Baekhyun help you." Lu Han asked, fixing me with his liquid brown eyes. I bit my lip and looked away, shivering slightly.
    "I don't need him. I'll heal on my own." I said stubbornly. Lu Han sighed, turning to walk away.
    "Suit yourself. I'll go grab you some fresh clothes. Sehun, come on." Sehun turned to follow Lu Han, leaving me alone with my pain.

I'm sorry this update is so short today...I already wrote an essay earlier today and I'm tired. Please leave me some comments on this *puppy eyes*
-Sujin
<3