Testing and Taoris

Don't Be Afraid of Me

CHANYEOL’S POV

"Baekhyun, wake up." I whispered, trying tp nudge him with my shoulder. The chains securing my hands behind my back made it hard to move, and I slowly shifted to a sitting position. My legs were also chained together, and I grunted when I felt them cut into my flesh through my jeans.

"Baekhyun, come on." I nudged him again, and he opened his eyes slowly. He had been out for several hours, and I winced at the blood that trickled down from the back of his head and neck.

"Wha’?" Baekhyun slurred, looking around. He winced, and I tried to help him sit up too. We leaned against the concrete wall of the cell we were in, the heavy stone door securely locked.

"Come on, you have to help me get us out of here." I said. Baekhyun nodded groggily, his eyes still unfocused. I sighed, realizing he wouldn’t be helpful at all, and instead strained against the chains holding my hands.

The door slid open suddenly, and I squinted against the suddenly bright light. I scooted closer to Baekhyun, looking up. Three guards carrying heavy-duty machine guns flanked a man in a white lab coat.

"Ah, yes! Two very nice males, I’ll learn a lot from them." he said with an excited smile. I frowned, not liking the way he looked at Baekhyun and I.

"Be careful, sir, they’re very dangerous." one of the guards muttered, shifting his gun. I covered a smirk, smelling his fear.

"Nonsense, they’re chained up. It’s perfectly safe." the scientist rolled his eyes, stepping forward. I growled, my eyes flashing red, and leaned protectively towards Baekhyun. He was unconscious again, and I wasn’t going to let anyone near him.

"Hello there, pups. I’m Dr. Roberts, but everyone just calls me Rob. What are your names?" Rob took another step forward, smiling obliviously. I snarled again, and he reached out as though to touch my ear. I lunged forward, canines out, but was stopped when a guard knocked the of his gun into my shoulder. I whined, going back, and Rob turned to the guard with an angry look.

"Don’t touch them!" Rob commanded. The guard dropped his gaze, mumbling an apology, and Rob turned back to me.

"I’m sorry about that. You see, if you do that, they’ll discipline you. Let’s not have any situations like that again, okay?" Rob said, kneeling down. I stared at him stonily, my shoulder aching, and narrowed my red eyes.

"Can you speak?" Rob asked, giving me a calculating look, and shifted closer to Baekhyun. He reached out to touch the side of Baekhyun’s neck, and I lunged forward again. I growled, flinching when the guard swung his gun down again. He didn’t hit me, but let it hover as a warning.

"Fantastic protective instincts." Rob murmured, adjusting his glasses. I got as close to Baekhyun as I could, nudging him to wake him up.

"Now, I want you to listen." Rob said, holding my gaze. I looked up at him, staring him down, but he didn’t remove his gaze. "Your friend is hurt, perhaps badly. I need to take a look to see if he needs further medical care. You have to let me touch him, so I can see what I can do to help him."

"He will heal." I said gruffly, giving him an unyielding look. Rob gave me a surprised look, shifting closer.

"You can speak?" Rob said incredulously, staring intently at me. I snorted, looking down at Baekhyun.

"Of course, we’re not idiots." I said. Rob nodded, grabbing a clipboard and scribbling rapidly.

"How many languages can you speak?" Rob asked, looking at me intently. It was making me uncomfortable, but I took comfort in Baekhyun’s warm weight next to me.

"English. Chinese. Korean. Japanese. Spanish. French." I listed. Rob’s mouth parted in an O, and I rolled my eyes.

"And you said he’ll heal? So your healing abilities aren’t a myth?" Rob asked. I shook my head, looking around. I felt like I was forgetting something, but he distracted me with more questions.

"How quickly do you heal?" Rob asked. I shrugged, and his eyes lit up. "Let’s test it!"

I shrank back, not liking this at all, and gave him a threatening look. Rob held out his hand, and one of the guards grudgingly gave him a knife. Rob held it carefully, and I shrank back more against the wall.

"I’m sorry, I just have to see..." Rob said, slicing towards Baekhyun. I scooted quickly forward, intercepting the knife and wincing. Baekhyun’s head was slack on his neck, and I felt the knife cut a slice along my side.

"You crazy bastard! He’s unconscious, why would you-" I yelled, looking back at Rob. He wasn’t paying attention, watching instead with fascination as the cut closed quickly, my skin not even showing a scar.

"Incredible." Rob murmured, looking down at me. I saw him give the knife back and breathed easier.

"Wait, Skye! Where’s Skye?" I said suddenly, looking around. She was the thing I’d been forgetting, and now I was frantic to find her.

"You mean the girl who came in with you?" Rob asked. I nodded, looking up at him, and he shrugged.

"She’s receiving medical attention and then being questioned in another part of the building. Why?" Rob asked. I shrugged, looking down.

"She’s part of the pack. I was worried about her." I mumbled, not wanting to admit it to myself. Rob gave me a calculating look, frowning.

"She’s a werewolf too?" Rob asked. I shook my head, looking down at the floor.

"No, she’s a human. She just stays with us. Please, don’t hurt her!" I said, looking up at him suddenly. Rob nodded, holding his hands out.

"I promise I won’t let anyone hurt her." Rob said. I nodded, and he beckoned one of the guards over, and they whispered together.

"There’s one last test I want to do before I leave for the day." Rob said, looking at me questioningly. I narrowed my eyes, staying as close to Baekhyun as possible.

"What?" I asked lowly, waiting for another knife to come out. Instead, a guard came with something far more deadlier.

"I want to test the theory that aconite poisons werewolves."

SKYE’S POV

I woke up slowly, remembering nothing of why I was in a hospital bed. Slowly, everything came back to me, and I rattled the handcuff on my wrist experimentally. It wouldn’t budge, and a nurse appeared soon after, and she fiddled with my IV. I felt myself slipping off, praying that the boys were okay.

SEHUN’S POV

I came to slowly, finding myself strapped to a hospital bed. Lu Han was in the bed next to me, a bandage twining around his head. The last thing I remembered was pushing Lu Han out of the way of the car, and I was confused. If I had saved him from the car, why were we in the hospital?

Human scents twined all through the air, making my teeth prick my lip in fear. I wanted to be out of here, and I tried to shift my legs to escape. A bolt of lightning shot up my leg, and I looked down to see a gash stretching my calf.

A nurse appeared carrying two syringes, and she walked over to Lu Han. I tried in vain to sit up, yelling at her.

"Hey! Get away from him! What are you doing?" I yelled. She ignored me, injecting something in Lu Han’s arm. I strained more, and felt my claws shoot out. I ripped through the thick leather ties holding me and jumped up off the bed.

"Ahhh!" the nurse screamed, dropping her syringes when I straightened up as much as I could, flashing my eyes. I roared at her, ducking when she started throwing metal pans of tools at me.

"Monster!" she yelled, turning and running out of the room. I sliced through Lu Han’s bonds, slinging him over my shoulders and thundering down the hall.

I had to find the others! I had to!

TAO’S POV

I sighed, walking up to Kris. He was standing on the bank of the stream, looking out at the water with a dejected slump to his shoulders. I knew he blamed himself for the missing pack members, and I walked up and wrapped my arms around his muscled waist.

"Tao." Kris said. I hummed a reply, resting my head on his shoulder. He twined his fingers through mine, turning to face me.

"It’s not your fault. Chanyeol and Baekhyun will find them and bring them home just fine." I said, looking steadily into his eyes. Kris looked down, frowning, and I tipped his chin up with two gentle fingers.

"Trust me." I said. Kris nodded, leaning forward and planting his lips on mine. His lips were warm when he gently nudged mine open. I wrapped my arms around his neck, running my fingers through his soft hair. His tongue explored my mouth and I did the same, when he bit my lip gently. He broke the kiss and instead traced little pecks down my neck, gently on the hollow of my collarbone. I gasped, and his hands roamed over my bare chest and down to the front of my jeans. He hooked a finger in the waistband, smiling when he kissed me again.

"Come on, let’s go to our room." Kris smiled. I nodded, taking his hand, and followed him up our room.

You’re welcome for the Taoris makeout! More to come, just tell me if you want me include your ships! Everyone, please comment to tell me what you think of this chappie, I worked hard on it!

Saranghamnida, kamsamnida!

-Sujin

<3