Moving In

Don't Be Afraid of Me

SKYE'S POV

    I sat up, wincing when I felt a sharp pain in my stomach. I looked down, running my hand over the flawless skin, then froze when I noticed the absence of my scars. I reached up, feeling my cheek and staring at my arm. My scars were gone, all of them. 
    I pushed myself up, moving slowly due to the tiredness that was dragging my muscles down. I looked around, I was in Eunkwang's truck. I closed my eyes, trying to remember what had happened, and was caught by surprise when someone wrapped his arms around me. I smelled Chanyeol seconds before he kissed me, opening my eyes after he finally pulled away.
    "You're alive!" I smiled, looking over Chanyeol. There was a small red scar under his right eye from the burns and he sagged against the wall tiredly, but he looked so much better.
    "You're alive too. Baekhyun told me you had died." Chanyeol said, giving me a tired smile. 
    "He was lying?" I asked, sure Baekhyun had been mistaken. Chanyeol shook his head, his palms pressing against the wall behind his back. 
    "No, you really died. L and Baekhyun brought you back; it's the reason those are healed." Chanyeol said, gesturing to my cheek. 
    "What?" I mumbled, touching my cheek again. Chanyeol leaned forward, grabbing my hand and leading me out of the room as quickly as he could. 
    "Come on, everyone's worried about you." I let Chanyeol's roughly calloused hand guide me to the snowy clearing outside the trucks. A fire snapped merrily in the ring of wolves, and Kyungsoo was bush making food. 
    As soon as Chanyeol and I appeared, everyone leapt up to wrap me up in hugs and exclaimed how worried they'd been. Baekhyun and Jaeshin hugged me at the same time, their wings wrapping warmly around my back and flexing to hold me tight. 
    "We missed you." Jaeshin smiled, Baekhyun looking down at me warmly with b eyes. I smiled, going up on my tiptoes to kiss their cheeks. 
    When I had finished greeting everyone, I settled down on a log in between Chanyeol and Tao. Kris was snuggled into Tao's other side, his arm slung loosely around the younger's waist. Suho was standing at the front, waiting for everyone to quiet down enough for him to explain what the plan was. When everyone was finally looking at him, Suho smiled at us and cleared his throat. 
    "Now, as you all know, we won the battle with—" Suho started. 
    "Oh, get on with it!" Chen interrupted, throwing a ball of snow at the alpha. It struck Suho's left cheek, covering his face with white powder. He sputtered indignantly for a few seconds before picking up a ball of his own and launching it right back. Chen ducked behind Sehun, who was hit in the face. He sprang up with a snarl, resulting in a full blown snowball fight. 
    Chanyeol and I joined together, lobbing balls of snow towards Yixing and Tao. In the end, Baekhyun and Jaeshin won by a long shot—flying over everyone and dropping snow on their heads. We were all soaking wet and cold, shivering slightly as we joined around the fire. 
    "As I was saying before," Suho started, glaring at Chen as if daring him to interrupt again. When nothing happened, Suho plunged on. 
    "Kris and I have met with the mayor of the nearby town. He has agreed we can stay in one of the houses owned by a wealthy man who was killed in the war, free of charge. Also, he has announced that the pack is under the protection of the police, and anyone who harms us will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law." Suho said, looking around. I could see we were all dying of boredom, turning to our neighbors and talking amongst ourselves. 
    "We'll be moving tomorrow. Eunhyuk and his friends will get their trucks and give us a lift, and then we'll be home." Suho said. We all nodded, kind of pretending we were listening, but everyone snapped to attention when Kris rose. 
    "We need to be prepared for tomorrow. Everyone, get to sleep." Kris commanded in his low voice. Everyone immediately obeyed, packing into the trucks. 
    I followed Chanyeol, still marveling at the smooth movement of my hip, and snuggled into his side. I could tell he was drowsy, the heavy weight of his arm curling over my side as he pulled me tightly. I smiled softly, wondering how I got so lucky. 

1 Month Later

Baekhyun's POV

    I squinted, light filtering in through the blinds of my room, and looked over at the clock. Jaeshin mumbled sleepily next to me, his head pillowed on my chest and his arms tightening around me. Jaeshin's messy hair tickled my chin, his warm scent curling up around me. 
    "Fi' more minutes." Jaeshin slurred. I smiled, kissing the top of his head and rubbing his back.  
    "We can't. We're gonna be late." I said, swinging my legs to the side and sitting up, stretching my arms and wings out. 
    "Come on, baby." I said, patting his back and massaging the muscles that led to his wings. Jaeshin sighed as I loosened up his muscles, then whined when I got up. 
    "Can't the kids wait?" Jaeshin asked tiredly, propping his head on his hands and lying on his stomach. I shook my head, walking off towards the bathroom. 
    "Our shift starts at 9. It's crafts day today too." I called back. Jaeshin and I had started volunteering at a pre-school, working with all the little children. They were adorable, and thankfully they didn't mind Jaeshin's and my wings. 
    "Nuhhhhhhh." Jaeshin groaned, slowly getting up. I paused in the doorway, a little smile ghosting over my lips. 
    "If you hurry, we can shower together." I proposed, walking away and closing the door to the bathroom. Jaeshin's feet pounded down the hallway and he yanked the door open, more awake than I'd seen him in a while. 
    "I thought you'd never ask." Jaeshin exclaimed, his lips curling in a smile before I pulled him down for a kiss. 

Chanyeol's POV

    I stumbled blearily into the kitchen, wiping my eyes with my fist and accepting the cup of tea Yixing offered me. I slurped some down before Skye padded down the stairs, wrapping her arms around my waist from behind. 
    "Morning, beautiful." I mumbled, turning around to kiss her forehead. Skye smiled up at me, my hand tracing over where her scars used to be. 
    "What do you want to do today?" I asked. Skye hummed in thought, leaning into my chest. 
    "Picnic?" Skye suggested. I nodded, quickly helping her to pack up everything we needed and strolling out of the house with our hands still linked. 

Tao's POV

    I looked around, shifting closer to Kris. The scent of blood hung thick in the air, along with the sounds of a fight nearby. The room was dark, lit through with small flashes of light up ahead, and people crowded in around Kris and I. The scent of blood and sweat mixed, making me feel lightheaded, and Kris wrapped an arm around me. 
    "Are you alright?" Kris asked, looking down. I nodded, my hands shaking, and Kris gave me a small smile.  
    "There's nothing to worry about. Go ahead." Kris said, pushing me forward with a gentle hand on my lower back. 

Oh my god I'm not dead! I'm actually doing the first update in forever and I'm sorry and I just hope no one's mad at me for making you guys wait this long and please leave me a comment on what you think of the update. Gomawo, sorry it's not very good. 
-Sujin