Allies?

Don't Be Afraid of Me

CHANYEOL’S POV

Baekhyun sat down in the snow next to me, his wings blending in with the white. I stared at them enviously, recalling the way Skye had them last night. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. The only thing I kept seeing was Baekhyun kissing Skye, confessing to her. White hot rage bubbled in my chest, and I clenched my fists.

"Chanyeol. I know what I did was wrong." Baekhyun started. I opened my mouth to agree, but he raised a hand. "Please, let me finish."

I nodded, and Baekhyun nodded back. His wings kept fluttering behind him, distracting me, and I noticed one tip was shinier than the other.

"I attempted to take something that was clearly yours, and for that I am truly sorry. I mistakenly believed that now that I was no longer a ghost, I could have Skye for my own. I completely disregarded your feelings for each other, and I have overstepped my bounds. I am so sorry, my friend." Baekhyun said, bowing his head. I bit my lip, listening to his words. This was Baekhyun, my friend since childhood, apologizing and admitting he was wrong. How could I possibly stay angry?

"Chanyeol, please. Forgive me." Baekhyun said, staring at my feet submissively. I nodded, staying quiet for a few minutes while I considered his words.

"Of course. Baekhyun, I can’t stay angry at you. You’ve apologized and realized your mistake, and that’s all I could ever ask." I smiled, looking at him. Baekhyun grinned, stepping forward to embrace me.

"Thank you so much." Baekhyun said. I nodded, surprised to see he still had a purple bruise around his eye from where I had punched him.

"Baek, that should’ve healed by now." I said, touching the bruise gently. He frowned, reaching up to touch the bruise, and I grabbed his wrist gently.

"Look." I turned his hand over, showing him an angry red burn on his thumb and index finger. I touched it gently and Baekhyun hissed in pain.

"Baek, what is this from?" I asked. Baekhyun shrugged, his wings fluttering again behind him. They were so big they stretched over our heads, and I looked down when a silvery liquid dripped from them onto my shoulder.

"Baekhyun, you’re bleeding." I said, reaching up to gently grasp his wing and bring it towards me. Baekhyun grunted again in pain, his wing reflexively jerking away with enough force to make me stumble.

"I know, it hurts!" Baekhyun grunted, turning in a circle while trying to see his wing. I smacked his head gently, shaking my head at this idiot.

"Stand still and let me see!" I said, reaching out again. Baekhyun let me touch his sensitive wing carefully, and I gripped it as tightly as I dared.

I spread the feathers, wincing when I revealed a jagged gash. The skin around it was burned, leaking silver blood and smoking ever so slightly.

"How did you fly like this?" I asked. Baekhyun shrugged, his wing shivering, and I made him sit down.

"Here." I heated some of the frozen river, cupping the water in my hands for him to drink. I didn’t like how pale he looked, and his hands shook when he inspected his burned fingers.

I leaned forward, smelling the cut ever so slightly. The pungent tang of iron hit me, along with the scent of burned flesh and angel blood. I shook my head to clear it of the unpleasant smell, and caught Baekhyun when he started to sprawl sideways.

"We need to get you to Yixing." I said, draping his arm over my shoulders and helping him stand. His wings sagged weakly, and I started walking forward with him. I froze when a voice sounded from in front of us, a sinister muscled figure stepping forward.

"That won’t be necessary." Jaejoong rumbled. I stopped, Baekhyun’s head slack on his neck when I set him down gently.

"Jaejoong." I said, tensing for a fight. He appeared to be alone, but he was the new alpha of Fey’s pack, and he was even more powerful than he looked.

"Chanyeol." Jaejoong nodded. He crossed his arms, tilting his head to the side. "He doesn’t look so good."

"What concern of it is yours?" I asked quietly, feeling the tension in the air. Jaejoong shrugged, his massive shoulder muscles rolling.

"He killed our alpha, Fey." Jaejoong said softly. He bit his lip, shadowed eyes dancing over Baekhyun and I. The iron in his blood stream was quickly weakening Baekhyun; he couldn’t even sit up.

I tensed for Jaejoong to attack, seeking vengeance for Fey’s death, but instead he shrugged again. He tilted his head to the side, eyes sweeping over Baekhyun.

"I should thank him for getting rid of the crazy ." Jaejoong said finally. My eyes widened in shock, and I still stayed ready for a trick. Jaejoong met my eyes then smiled, chuckling slightly.

"I mean it, pup. Come on, it won’t be necessary for you to find your healer because I have some friends who are willing to help. We all hated Fey, we were tired of fighting for her and tired of her constant manipulative lies." Jaejoong said.

"Really?" I asked. Jaejoong nodded, walking forward a few steps and sliding on some shades. He flashed me a winning smile before reaching down and draping Baekhyun’s arm over his shoulder.

"Come on, pup. My friends are waiting for you."

SKYE’S POV

. That was the only word for my situation. Everything has gone to . My werewolf boyfriend is chasing after our friend the angel because he has a crush on me. My warlock friend Jiyong was now leading me through the forest one some crazy mission involving a tracking spell trying to find our friends who are probably dead, and that is all I can think about. .

Yeah, so Baekhyun has a crush on me. And I admit, he’s totally gorgeous. But Chanyeol doesn’t have to try to rip him apart for it! Chanyeol and I are together, and nothing will change that. Unless I’m killed in the next five seconds by a VERY impatient Jiyong.

"What the hell are you doing, contemplating the universe?!" Jiyong cried, smacking the back of my head. I flinched, pulling myself out of my daydreams and into the real world - where he had been calling my name for the past two minutes.

"Uh...sorry." I said. "What was that?"

"I said, I think I found something." Jiyong said, rolling his eyes and stepping forward a few feet. I watched as he pulled a pine bough aside, exposing the entrance to a hidden cave.

"Hello?" Jiyong called. A feral hiss answered him, and I recognized the two golden eyes staring at us from the dark.

"Yoongi!" I jumped forward, landing in the tight embrace...of someone I didn’t know.

The Imugi’s eyes burned down at me through the dark. He hissed again, baring fangs, and I shrieked. I dropped to the floor, away from his dangerous claws, but another voice stopped the dangerous Occult from attacking.

"Mark! It’s okay, I know them." I looked up at the familiar voice, embracing Namjoon after he helped me up.

"You’re alive!" I said, holding him tightly. Namjoon nodded, and I smiled up at him, Jiyong also hugging him.

"Come see the others~"

AURORA’S POV

I looked down at the faerie knight kneeling by me. He was tense, awaiting my reply to the news he had given me. I stood, gliding through the small underground chamber, my hair just brushing my waist.

"So, he has become an angel, has he?" I murmured to myself. The knight nodded softly, and I drew a gleaming dagger from its sheath at my side.

"And his weakness is iron?" Another nod. I held out the dagger to the knight, hilt first. The wide guard on the hilt was made of silver, protecting the user from the iron blade.

I turned, hair cascading down my side and contrasting sharply with my green dress. I looked down at the knight, who raised his head slightly and took the dagger.

"Go to him. Disguise yourself as one of the wolves from Fey’s pack, the higher in command, the better. Say you never liked Fey, you were tired of her, you thought she was crazy. Convince him to trust you. When you have him alone, slit his throat. Do you understand?" I asked, my voice deadly calm.

"Yes, mistress. I will do it, for you." he said, ice blue eyes flashing as he looked at me. I nodded in approval, seating myself once again at my chair. I steepled my fingers in front of my face, looking down at him.

"Now, go."

Guys, it’s not the real Jaejoong! What’s gonna happen to Baekhyun and Chanyeol when they are cornered by the knight, who has the tools to kill/poison both of them?! (Iron blade and silver handle)

And what about Skye and Imugi? Are the kitsunes alive too? *shrug* You tell me.

Four updates in one night, who am I and what have I done with myself??????? I guess this is what happens when I don’t write for several hours...days...weeks... *lowers head shamefully*

Anywho...please leave lots of comments! Be sure to subscribe/upvote if you like it! Thank you so much to all my lovely upvoters, you don’t always get the credit you’re due, but you really mean a lot to me! And my wonderful commenters - 91 comments! That’s a dream come true for me, you guys are seriously daebak. Also thank you to all my lovely subbies, without you this story wouldn’t be possible!

Okay, now I’m going to stop sounding like I just won an Oscar or an academy award or something and just say thank you to everyone, even my silent readers, for loving and supporting this story so much!

Kamsamnida, saranghamnida~

-Sujin

<3