Run Away

Don't Be Afraid of Me

LU HAN’S POV

"Lu Han hyung!" Sehun whispered excitedly, tugging on my belt loop. I looked down, shushing him, and crouched down further out of sight. We were hunkered down behind a dumpster, waiting for Skye to come back for us.

"Lu Han hyung!" Sehun whispered again, slipping back in honorifics. I finally looked over at him, motioning for him to be quiet, and was met with the unfortunate sight of two large brown puppy eyes. I sighed, rolling my eyes, and crossed my arms.

"What?" I asked quietly. I saw Sehun shiver slightly and frowned; it was getting colder. Goose bumps lined our bare torsos, and Sehun shivered again.

"Look. Hot chocolate." Sehun pointed pleadingly to a small coffee shop on the corner. "Can we get some, please?"

"I’m sorry, Hun-ah. We can’t go out like this, and I don’t have any money." I said. I looked around, fog blanketing the city, and struggled to see through the grey mist.

"Can’t you use your powers?" Sehun asked pleadingly. I shook my head, still trying to see where Skye was. The door to the supermarket was already swallowed up by fog, and only the neon sign above the door showed through.

"It’s too risky." I said, shushing him. Sehun nodded sadly, and I frowned. It had been so long since he’d been able to have hot chocolate, and I could sense how scared he was to be here. He covered it well with his excitement, but now it was starting to show through.

"Maybe if Skye has extra money." I murmured. Sehun gave me a small, hopeful smile, but I could still see the worry in his eyes.

"Skye, where are you?" I whispered. I was starting to feel scared too, overwhelmed by so many people. I was dying to get out of here, back to where it was safe. But I couldn’t let Sehun see that, so I reached back and wrapped my arm around his shoulders instead, rubbing them to keep him warm.

I ducked back to look around the dumpster, and instead saw a group of men dressed in white striding towards us. They perked up as soon as they saw me, and I ducked back down hurriedly.

"Hun-ah, there are some men coming. Just play it cool, let me handle it." I said. Sehun nodded with wide, scared eyes, and I turned back.

The group halted a few feet away, the man in front ducking down. There were four of them, and I noticed the guns on their hips with a sinking feeling. Each had a tazer and a nightstick on the other hip, and silver badges gleamed on their chests.

"Hello?" The one in front called. Officer Reynolds, his badge read. He stepped around, looking down at Sehun and I with a kind smile.

"Well, what do we have here? Boys, you’re almost past curfew." Officer Reynolds said. He extended his hand, but Sehun and I stood on our own. I looked over, feeling how tense Sehun was, and prayed he could control himself.

"Sorry, sir. We’ll get right home." I said, praying my voice wouldn’t waver. I could the muscles in my back and chest tightening, and my teeth ached to elongate.

"What are you boys doing out this late? And in this state?" Officer Reynolds gestured to our bare torsos with a raised eyebrow. I froze, stuttering to come up with a lie.

"Football practice ran late, and our shirts were soaked from mud. We left them at school, and were just heading home." Sehun lied smoothly behind me. I turned, giving him an incredulous look, and saw he was staring steadily at the police officer.

"Oh-okay boys. Well, head on home." Officer Reynolds said. Something seemed off, and I could hear the way Reynolds’ heart accelerated when he said that.

"Will do. Thank you, sir." I said. We turned to go, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I shivered at the cold glove, and masked a whimper when Officer Reynolds’ fingers dug into the soft flesh around my shoulder.

"Boys, you’ve got to come up with a better lie than that. It’s not football season, and school is out for the week. Moreover, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you two in this town, and I know almost everyone." Officer Reynolds said, a knowing glint in his no longer kind eyes.

"I’m sorry, sir. We have to go." I said, stepping back out of his reach and nudging Sehun. He was frozen, and I could feel the electricity in that air that accompanied a shift. Oh Sehun, not now. I cried mentally.

"Hun-ah, take a deep breath. Let’s go." I said, taking his wrist and giving it a small squeeze. Sehun snapped out of it, dropping his head submissively and turning away.

"Hold on, I’m going to need some ID." Officer Reynolds said. I turned, seeing him rest his hand lightly on his nightstick, and shook my head.

"We don’t have ours with us." I said. Officer Reynolds shook his head, smiling wryly.

"Come on, boys, I’m just trying to help you. Let me see your identification bracelets, and I’ll let you go." Officer Reynolds said. I squeezed Sehun’s wrist again, and he bent down slightly.

"Be ready to run." I murmured. Sehun nodded slightly, and I mustered a small smile for the officer.

"Sorry, sir, but we really have to go." I said. I shoved Sehun forward and we both broke into a run, ignoring the officers’ cries behind us.

"Follow me." I said, frowning at our lack of options. Sehun nodded, keeping pace with me, and we dove into the maze of streets. About half an hour later, we collapsed against the wall of an alleyway, shaking with exhaustion.

"I think...we lost...them." I panted, sliding down and tucking my knees up to my chest. Sehun panted next to me, also curling up. Rain had started to patter down, and both of us were shaking with cold.

"What...about Skye?" Sehun asked. I shook my head, too tired to even try to sort out the mess we were in.

"Just get some sleep for now." I said. Sehun nodded, and we both nodded off to sleep. I was wading through dreams about spending a day in the snow, when a voice jerked me awake.

"Hey, you there! Don’t move!" Sehun and I woke up, seeing a different guard dressed in white striding towards us.

"What do we do?" Sehun asked, looking terrified. I shrugged, at a loss and just as scared as he was.

"Don’t you boys know you’re out past curfew? Get home right now!" this officer said, waving his arms at us. Sehun and I stood, brushing off our soaking, dirty jeans and lowering our heads.

"Yes, sir." I said, staring at my feet. Sehun and I both were displaying classic submissive motions, dropping our gazes and head away and hunching our shoulders.

"Get!" the officer said again, turning away. Sehun and I started trudging away when the static of a radio reached my ears. We both froze, hearing the officer pause too.

"Two teenage individuals...male...needed for questioning...treat as though they were holding a weapon...seem to be very dangerous." The radio crackled. The officer turned, starting to yell at us, and Sehun and I bolted.

We charged through the rain, blindly following the street. We reached an intersection and charged across, dimly registering the headlights that were plunging towards us.

"Lu Han!" Sehun yelled, tackling me. I skidded out of the way of the white truck swerving by, falling down by the side of the road. I looked back, seeing Sehun also sprawled out, just in time for the truck to hit his leg with a loud crack. Sehun whined high in his throat, pulling himself forward on his elbows hurriedly.

"Sehun!" I scrambled forward, pulling him out of the road. He whimpered, and I hoisted him up. Draping his arm around my shoulders, I helped Sehun stagger through the streets. We ended up in a dark alleyway when both of us finally collapsed.

"Hun-ah, let me take a look at it." I said gently, stretching him out. Sehun whimpered again, tears mixing with the rain on his face. I rolled up his pant leg, wincing.

His leg was broken, and a large gash leaked blood from being dragged against the road. I wished for Yixing’s healing abilities, but instead got to work. We didn’t have anything for bandages, but I took a deep breath and forced the bone back in place. Sehun yelped, and I tried to block out the sound.

"I don’t have anything for the pain, but you’ll heal much faster because of your change." I whispered, trying to comfort him. Sehun nodded, swallowing hard, and I curled up next to him. We were both freezing, rain pouring down and soaking us.

"Try to sleep. You’ll heal faster." I said. Sehun nodded, wrapping his arms around my torso and resting his head on my shoulder. I looped my arm around his shoulders like when we dogpiled at home, and Sehun dropped off to sleep. I took a little longer, still marveling at his bravery. He pushed me out of the way, I remembered. Shaking my head in awe of our little maknae, I fell asleep too, sleeping fitfully.

SKYE’S POV

"And this is the kitchen." Jiyong led me through the apartment. He had already pointed out the bathroom, and had volunteered the room he shared with Seunghyun for me to sleep in. I was swaying on my feet from exhaustion, but I nodded.

"We try to keep everything in its place-"Jiyong broke off suddenly, ducking down to peer in the cupboard he had just opened.

"Where’s the rice?!" Jiyong called. I snorted, watching him ruin his ‘neat and organized’ image immediately.

"Could I just grab a shower and get to sleep?" I asked, not wanting to be rude. Jiyong nodded, and I went into the bathroom while he continued to look for the rice. I rolled my eyes, starting up the hot water and relaxing in my first hot shower in a while.

Afterwards, I went into the bedroom offered to me, falling into bed. Seungri came in somewhat shyly to give some pajamas he had bought, and I thanked him. I changed quickly, falling into bed and worrying about Sehun and Lu Han. I hoped they were okay...

I dropped off, praying they wouldn’t do anything stupid before I could find them tomorrow.

Wahh, poor Hunhan! But there was a tad of a ship in part of it, how did everyone like it? Please leave me comments, and tell me if you think Hunhan should be captured by police or found by Skye in the next chappie? Thank you!

Please subscribe, comment and upvote! Saranghamnida~

-Sujin

<3