Confessions

Don't Be Afraid of Me

CHANYEOL’S POV

"Chanyeol. You might want to wake up." Yixing tapped my shoulder, and I frowned, rolling on my side.

"Leave me alone." I mumbled, shaking my head. Yixing’s voice wobbled, and he tapped me again.

"Chanyeol-"

"Fine, I’m up! What’s your probl-" I cut Yixing off, stopping abruptly when I sat up straight in bed and was met with the sight of Baekhyun sitting lightly next to me. I tilted my head to the side, eyes wide, unable to comprehend what was going on.

"You said he was dead!" I said accusingly, looking at Yixing. Yixing looked white as a sheet, and he swallowed and nodded.

"He is." Yixing said. I shook my head, a small smile spreading over my face, and reached out to touch Baekhyun’s shoulder.

"What do you mean? He’s right-!" I cried, my hand passing through Baekhyun. His figure swirled a little, then reformed quickly.

"Now, Chanyeol, don’t freak out-" Baekhyun said, raising his hands. I squirmed backward, Yixing and I meeting each others eyes with equal faces of terror and shock.

"What the actual !" I yelled, cutting Baekhyun off. Baekhyun-or whatever that was-sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes.

"I deliberately told you not to freak out. And here you are, freaking out." Baekhyun muttered, looking at me. I could tell my mouth was opened, but didn’t register it until Baekhyun reached out and pressed his fingers to my chin. I felt a warm breeze, but nothing else, and I closed my mouth.

"What are you?" I asked, looking at my former best friend with wide eyes. Baekhyun shrugged, shifting slightly on the bed.

"Ghost. I’m here to stay, so stop freaking out. I’m not going to haunt you or anything." Baekhyun finished sarcastically, showing that even in death he still had his humor.

"It’s...good to have you back." I tried. Baekhyun smiled widely, nodding and resting a weightless hand on my shoulder.

"I missed you, brother. I haven’t changed at all, I’m still the same Baekhyun you know." Baekhyun said, smiling at me. I managed a smile of my own, distracted by Yixing raising his hand.

"Yeah?" Baekhyun looked over at the healer.

"I’m confused." Yixing said, giving us a completely lost look.

"Oh, god..."

SKYE’S POV

I woke up at around noon the next day, stretching sleepily. Even though Baekhyun had technically died, the atmosphere of grief was mostly gone, and I decided to change to go swimming. I knew Chanyeol might like to go with me, and I could always take Baekhyun with me...

Hmm, Baekhyun. He sure was acting differently now, and I kind of liked it. I mean, he still had the whole, don’t mess with me I’m a badass werewolf/ghost thing, but he seemed sweeter. Happier. I liked his name too. Baekhyun.

I shrugged, stripping down to my underwear and about to slide into my bikini when a shimmer showed in the corner of my bedroom. I screamed as Baekhyun came into view, and he immediately screamed too (like a little ing girl, I might add). I clutched my clothes to my chest, curling up, and Baekhyun spun around to face the wall.

"What the are you doing here?!" I yelled, hurriedly sliding my pants and button-down back on. Baekhyun stayed facing the wall, his ears turning bright red as he stuttered.

"I uh...I...I thought I heard you call my name." Baekhyun said, still firmly facing the wall. I snorted, spotting his lie, and threw my shoe at his head.

"Bull. I didn’t say anything!" Of course my shoe passed through his head and struck the wall with a dull thump, but he still flinched.

"Yes, you did! I heard you say Baekhyun. I heard it here." Baekhyun tapped his head, turning around slowly. I remembered thinking his name, and realized he had thought I was calling him.

"I’m so sorry!" Baekhyun said, looking at the floor. I shrugged, not really caring all that much. I mean, he was dead and he hadn’t really seen anything.

"Just please, don’t come in again." I said. Baekhyun nodded hurriedly, fading out. I sighed in relief until he was gone, sliding out of my clothes and tying my bikini. I was almost done with Jongin suddenly appeared right in front me.

"Ahhh! You ert, get out!" I screamed, picking up my other shoe and beating his head repeatedly with it. Jongin shrieked, covering his eyes and head simultaneously and turning red.

"I heard you scream, I’m sorry!" Jongin yelled, flashing out of my room quickly. I sagged against my bed, changing back into my clothes. I was so done with swimming by now, it wasn’t funny.

Going outside instead, I paused outside the door to Yixing and Suho’s house; Chanyeol was staying in Yixing’s bed while he healed. I was about to go in when I heard voices coming from the window.

"Aish, it was so embarassing! I can’t believe I did that, I’m such an idiot!" Baekhyun exclaimed. I realized he was talking about flashing in on me, and I covered a smile at how distressed he sounded.

"Now she thinks I’m some kind of ert ghost who did it on purpose." Baekhyun whined. I heard Chanyeol laughing and clapping his hands, and a loud sigh from Baekhyun.

"That’ll teach you!" Chanyeol said. When the laughing finally died away, Chanyeol surprised me by growing serious.

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you about Skye." Chanyeol said. I felt a welcoming murmur from Baekhyun, and froze when Chanyeol kept talking.

"I just...really like her. And she hates me, I mean, I’m a werewolf and she hates werewolves. But she’s just so beautiful and perfect and I know she wouldn’t even look at me twice, but I still think I..." Chanyeol trailed off.

"You think what?" Baekhyun asked, sounding deadly serious. Chanyeol sighed, continuing on.

"I think I love her."

BAEKHYUN’S POV

Well, . This whole dead person thing? Not working. First, I’m an idiot and flash in on Skye freaking changing! And now this. My best friend is in love with the girl I think I’m in love with, and I don’t even have a chance with her because I’m freaking dead!

"Baekhyun? Are you listening to me? I said I think I love her." Chanyeol said, looking at me with wide, slightly scared, brown eyes. I felt something break inside me, but shook it off.

"Chanyeol, don’t be silly. You can’t love her, you don’t know anything about her." I said. Chanyeol shook his head, touching his chest.

"No, I really think I do. I can feel it, right here." Chanyeol said. Well, . Having never been in love before myself, I’m not sure how it’s supposed to feel, but Chanyeol did look pretty starstruck.

"Chanyeol, you can’t be in love! I won’t let that happen to you!" I said. Being in love was what had gotten me killed, I wasn’t going to let it happen to Chanyeol.

"Wait, did you like her too?" Chanyeol asked, narrowing his eyes at me. I shook my head, not stopping him because I was jealous, but because I couldn’t let the same thing happen to him.

"No! It’s just, I hear love makes people do stupid things. You’re already stupid enough without added stuff." I tried to joke, but it came out dry.

"You ARE jealous!" Chanyeol stood up. I shook my head, hating the angry look he glared at me. "You’re dead and you can’t even let me have my girl now!"

"Chanyeol, I don’t want you to die like me! I’m not jealous, I’m trying to help you!" I said, yelling back at him. Chanyeol gave me a startled look, shaking his head.

"What do you mean, love made you die?" Chanyeol asked. I looked down, frowning, and shook my head.

"Love made me jump in front of a blow meant for someone else."

SKYE’S POV

What on earth was happening? I went from being hated by all the wolves, to having apparently two feeling...things for me? And why was Baekhyun saying love made him take that hit for me. It was the hit that killed him, but he didn’t love me when he did it. He only did it because he’s protective of the pack, and I’m part of the pack now.

Haha, please? Baekhyun, love me? And Chanyeol, love me? What about me was there to love? I was just a scarred teenage girl who was weaker than she looked who nobody would ever love. I mean, boys fall in love with beautiful people, not with people who have scars covering their face and body. They go for meek, gentle girls who can take care of them. I couldn’t be meek if I tried. And werewolves always choose werewolves, I’ve never heard of a werewolf choosing a human.

So why would Chanyeol love me? And why would Baekhyun have died for me? This obviously meant he blamed me for his death, even if he didn’t say so outright. And he was right, it was totally my fault he died. I shook my head, deciding not to burden these wolves any more.

I went quickly to the cabin, packed a bag and just started walking. This time, there would be no Baekhyun to stop me, and no Luke to hurt them. I would go as far away from these wolves as I could; I wouldn’t bother them any more.

Please leave comments to tell me if you like my story! They make me so happy! And we’ve had two whole confessions, and two peeping toms! I updated twice today because I probably won’t be able to update tomorrow between swimming pictures, work and going to my best friend’s for dinner. Sorry guys, I hope this is enough to tide you over for tomorrow’s worth. Again, comments make me do a happy dance, so leave me one!

Also extremely important~

Leave me a comment which one of these guys you want me to put in the next few chapters:

1) Chunji

2) Key

3) Peniel

4) Aron

If it makes you guys comment faster, please know that I absolutely can’t write the next update without knowing which guy you pick. He’s too important to the plot, so please comment! Typically, I’ll go off the first guy mentioned, but if you guys are fast enough, I’ll do it by majority vote. Thanks guys, love you all!

Saranghamnida,

-Sujin

<3