Search

Don't Be Afraid of Me

CHANYEOL’S POV

I looked over at Skye, realizing Xiumin and Sehun had never arrived at the warehouse. I quickly woke everyone else up, and Suho put together a little search party. Lu Han, Yixing, Kris, Jongin, Eunkwang and Seunghyun left to search, the rest of us getting ready to sleep. We were all exhausted, and staying up and worrying wasn’t going to help anyone.

"Skye, they’ll be fine. Come on." I wrapped her in my arms and she nodded, clinging to my shirt. She fell asleep quickly and I joined her, slipping off.

In the morning, we all woke up and dusted ourselves off. Peniel and Ilhoon started making breakfast, and Sungjae amused us by attempting to crack a watermelon with his head. He did not succeed. He might have permanent brain damage. Oh well.

After we ate, we started packing everything up. We had planned to meet everyone about 100 miles north of the border, so that’s where we were headed. Kris and his team would meet us there when they found Sehun and Xiumin.

We all hopped back in the trucks, following Minhyuk, who was temporary leader. We were all pretty much silent as we drove, feeling the mounting nerves. We finally saw if the demons had been telling the truth, if the Army had been wiped out, and if our friends were okay.

After two hours of driving, we stopped in the middle of a clearing. We all got out, stretching, and I looked around. We were by the side of a large cliff, snow blanketing everything. Directly beneath the cliff was a large field covered in snow. I looked down and saw tons of black dots moving around against the snow.

"Suho!" I whispered, gesturing for him to come over and look. He did and immediately drew back with a curse.

"Those are all hunters." Suho said quietly. I looked closer and realized he was right, hundreds of human hunters strolling around the snow.

"Suho! You might want to see this." Hyunsik called suddenly, holding up some binoculars. He pointed to the opposite side of the cliff, and Suho and I walked over. Skye hung back uncertainly, staring at the hunters below, but Suho’s gasp make her walk over.

"Holy ." Suho whispered, looking down. I did the same and gulped, looking down at maybe a thousand moving figures. Different scents assaulted my nose, and I felt a cold sweat break out.

"Fey. Aurora. The Furies." Tao said, looking down. I looked back at the side of the cliff where the hunters were and realized we were trapped between the two massive forces.

"Guys? I don’t think the demons were lying." Skye squeaked.

SEHUN’S POV

I woke up slowly, my hands held behind my back in thick handcuffs. I struggled slightly, looking around and seeing Xiumin unconscious next to me. We bounced along, the grooved floor hinting we were in the bed of a pickup truck, covered with a tarp. After about an hour of driving, the truck stopped with a squeal. A car door slammed and footsteps sounded, crunching on the snow.

The tarp ripped back, making me squint in the harsh light, and I looked up at a man in a white lab coat. He smiled down at me, sticking a needle in my arm and making me wince. My vision started blurring and I out, not before I heard his words.

"Call me Rob."

LUKE’S POV

I swung the door to my cabin shut, shrugging off my jacket and draping it across the back of a nearby chair. The sound of the door closing made Seungri turn from his book, and he smiled warily at me. I smiled back, already grown fond of the tough human. His wound was healing slowly, and he would be back to normal in about two months.

"Hungry?" I asked. He shook his head, turning back to his book and I nodded. "I’m gonna go take a shower, holler if you need anything."

"Okay." Seungri said, his voice soft. I tramped up the stairs, turning on the shower water and waiting for it to get warm. I was about to start getting ready to get in when a creak made me pause.

My house never creaked. Unless someone was in it.

I grabbed my pistol from its holster, opening the bathroom door cautiously and peeking out. A punch at my head made me duck, rolling across the floor and jumping up nimbly. I fired off two shots, but my attacker dodged them.

"Seungri! Run!" I shouted, hoping he could hear me. The figure dressed all in black in front of me lunged forward, and I twisted around the knife he out. I lunged forward as well, my gun getting knocked away, and landed a punch to the masked face.

Pulling out a backup knife in my pocket, I flicked it open and heard it lock with a pop. I swung forward, slicing neatly across my attacker’s chest. He paused, looking down, and I jammed the knife point into his throat. With a choking sound he collapsed, sliding down the wall.

I paused, panting, and bent forward to take off the mask. A sudden pain in my throat made me gasp, and claws ripped across my windpipe. I collapsed on my side, looking up into the eyes of a smiling werewolf. Then everything went black.

GUYS I HATE MYSELF SO MUCH! I have the worst writer’s block and I just want everything to flow and go nicely and I have no idea what’s going on in the story! I’m so sorry this is such a crap update...my mom and I had a fight yesterday and we made up but she said some really nasty things about my writing and it made me sort of lose focus on it and doubt everything I write...So, I’m really sorry this is so bad. I’ll try really hard again tomorrow but I just...*sobs* *holds out hands for cuddles* I’m a terrible author.

*curls up in a ball* *sobs while eating ice cream* *wails unattractively*

Mianhamnida from the bottom of my heart guys. I let you down.

-Sujin