Making up

Don't Be Afraid of Me


KRIS' POV

    I walked with my hand clasped in Tao's, swinging our arms gently as we strode through the light rain. The cut on his lip was healing even as I watched, and he smiled over at me. After his fight, we had given him a bottle of water and protein bar and he was ready to go again. Luckily, Rome had stopped him. 
    "Only one fight a week allowed." Rome had said, lying through his teeth so I would stop glaring at him threateningly. 
    "Are you still hurting?" I asked, looking over at Tao. He shook his head, a happy smile curling his lips, and looked away.
    "What's for dinner tonight?" Tao asked, looking up at our front walkway. We walked through the little gate, swinging the door open and settling down on the couch.
    "Kyungsoo said something about salmon, but I'm not sure..." I faded away, scooting closer to Tao and wrapping my arm around him. He hummed contently, flipping through channels on the tv and resting his head on my shoulder. I breathed in deeply, enjoying his warmth and closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

CHANYEOL'S POV

    I smiled over at Skye, sitting on the top of the kitchen counter as she made dinner. Actually, she was making a cake, but I totally planned to eat it for dinner so...
    "Whatcha thinking about?" Skye asked, looking over at me while her hand still rapidly stirred the batter. 
    "How pretty you are." I smiled back, watching the way her cheeks flushed with a rosy blush. She turned, pouring the batter into a pan and sliding it into the oven.
    I reached out, aiming for the chocolate batter still lining the sides of the bowl, and yanked my hand back with a yelp when she cracked the spoon across my knuckles.
    "Ow!" I cried, holding my hand gingerly to my side. She smiled at me, sticking her tongue out teasingly.
    "You big baby~that didn't hurt." Skye said, turning to put the bowl in the sink. I snuck up behind her, scooping up a big dab of batter and putting it right on the tip of her nose. Skye squealed, grabbing the hose attached to the sink and stuffing it down my shirt. She turned it on full blast, completely soaking me and making me squeal because of the cold water.
    "I surrender! I surrender!" I shrieked, laughing when Skye turned off the water and kept giggling. I reached forward with a playful growl, grabbing her hips and pulling her close, kissing the batter off her nose.
    She looked up at me with those blue eyes, trapped in the circle of my arms, and smiled up at me. Skye raised herself up on her tiptoes, kissing the corner of my mouth and then moving gradually closer to my lips until she finally landed on them. I kissed her deeply, pulling her up and setting her on the counter, until Baekhyun walked into the kitchen.
    He looked from me to Skye and then back to me, waving his hand and sighing. 
    "Continue." Baekhyun said in a weary voice, sitting down and grabbing a spoon and the carton of ice cream. 
    I leaned in eagerly to obey, but Skye put her palm in front of my lips and pushed me off her. I smiled at her as I backed up, getting out the ingredients for the frosting she would make next. 
    "He's still not talking to you?" Skye asked, sitting down next to Baekhyun. Baekhyun shook his head, eating his ice cream sullenly.
    "But it's been three days." I said, sitting down on his other side. Baekhyun shrugged, sniffing loudly and scrubbing at his eyes.
    "He hasn't left his room, he won't see me...and the worst thing is, I know how much pain he's in. I can feel how much he's hurting and he won't let me do a thing about it. And it's all my fault." Baekhyun said. I shook my head, resting a comforting hand on his shoulder.
    "If it's anyone's fault, it's that Ling's fault. Thank god she hasn't come around here or I would've ripped her apart." I said, clenching my jaw angrily. 
    "But Jaeshin thinks I was with her, that's why he's mad. And he won't even let me explain..." Baekhyun said. I looked over at Skye and she nodded to me, standing up.
    "I'll go talk to him. Stay here with Chanyeol and don't let him burn anything." Skye said, standing up and walking out of the kitchen.
    "Chanyeol." Baekhyun said suddenly, staring intently at his ice cream. I looked down at him, still watching Skye's retreating figure out of the corner of my eye.
    "Hmmm?" I mumbled. 
    "Marry her." Baekhyun said bluntly, looking up at me. I smiled at his abruptness, reaching down and running my fingers over the gold band in my pocket.
    "I'm planning on it." 

SKYE'S POV

    I knocked lightly on the door to the room Jaeshin had taken over, waiting for him to answer. When there was a soft acknowledgement, I opened the door quietly and walked inside. Jaeshin was lying in bed, propped up on pillows, watching a movie on his computer. He looked up when I came in, wiping the dried tear tracks off his face and sniffing.
    "Hey." I said softly, sitting down on the bed next to him. Jaeshin managed a small smile, closing his laptop and looking over at me.
    "What is it?" Jaeshin asked, looking like he already knew. I cleared my throat, trying to think of a way to begin, and then sighed.
    "Baekhyun loves you very much. You know that, right?" I said, looking down at Jaeshin. He shrugged, swallowing hard, and looked away.
    "That girl who you saw him with, she's Tao's sister. She's been nothing but trouble for the pack, and she was trying to create a problem by kissing Baekhyun. Baekhyun feels absolutely terrible for hurting you in any way, and he looks absolutely miserable." I said. Jaeshin looked over at me, wiping his nose and giving me a doubtful look.
    "Really?" Jaeshin said, scooting himself up higher on his pillows painfully. I nodded, fluffing the pillow behind him gently.
    "Baekhyun doesn't want anyone other than you. Please just talk to him." I said, standing up and making my way towards the door. I looked back at Jaeshin, who was staring fixedly at a spot on the bedspread in front of him.
    "Jaeshin?" I said, hoping he would see Baekhyun. Jaeshin kept quiet for a moment, raising his head and looking at me before shaking his head. I nodded sadly, turning and closing the door, knowing I had done all I could. 

BAEKHYUN'S POV

    I looked up, seeing Skye come walking through the door and shake her head. I stood up suddenly, feeling something inside of me snap. Chanyeol reached out to catch my arm but I shook him off, feeling my eyes start to glow and my teeth snap out.
    "I've had enough of this." I growled, stalking to Jaeshin's room and throwing the door open. Jaeshin looked up with a startled expression, his eyes growing large as I burst into the room. I strode forward, my wings fanning out behind me and my eyes burning bright silver as I reached out and grabbed his shoulder. 
    "Ow! What are you-" Jaeshin started, looking up at me with terrified eyes. I cut him off, looking down at him furiously.
    "Listen to me! I'm tired of you acting like you're four years old! I did nothing wrong! Some stupid girl came up and kissed me, and you're acting like I cheated on you or something! Why are you doing this to me, huh? I love you, why are you making this so difficult?" I burst out, looking down into his eyes and seeing them soften slightly.
    "Y-y-you love me?" Jaeshin stuttered looking up at me. I sighed, closing my eyes and leaning forward. 
    "You thickheaded idiot." I murmured, before connecting our lips. Jaeshin's soft mouth molded to mine and opened softly, his arms coming up to carefully twine around my neck. I reached out, not breaking the kiss, and laid my hand gently on his injured hip. Before he could stop me, I healed it and pulled back. 
    "Of course I love you. That's never going to change." I said, one hand still cupping Jaeshin's cheek. 
    "I love you too." Jaeshin said, looking up at me and biting his lip. I pulled back slightly, nodding towards his closed laptop and tucking myself under the covers next to him.
    "What are you watching?" I asked, twining my arms around his waist and letting him rest his head on my shoulder. Jaeshin opened the laptop back up, both of us watching the movie together.

Sorry it's so short guys, the recent updates have been kind of smaller. Please leave me a comment or something if you're actually reading this, all my commentors have disappeared and it makes me wonder if my story is boring now. 
Kamsamnida, saranghamnida~
-Sujin
<3