I'm Back!!!!

Don't Be Afraid of Me

I raised my head slowly, feeling drowsiness swim through me and make my vision flicker black. I fought the dizziness, and the black gradually faded away to become a small stone room. I looked around, seeing Sehun unconscious next to me and realized we were both held in place with thick metal handcuffs.

"Hun-ah. Wake up." I nudged him gently, and Sehun slowly woke up. He looked around confusedly, blinking and frowning. We were in a cage large enough to stand up in, the iron bars laced through with streaks of silver. Sehun took one look at the bars and freaked, trying to rip the handcuffs off.

"Hun-ah. Hun-ah, stop! It doesn’t work. Trust me, you’ll just hurt yourself." I said. Our hands were attached to the bar of the cage, and Sehun stopped eventually.

"What happened?" Sehun asked finally, collapsing and breathing heavily. I shook my head, trying to clear it. My thoughts still felt floaty, like they were trying to run away.

"I don’t know. I just remember running with you, and then waking up here." I said, trying to see more of the room. Human guards sat at a folding table not far away, playing cards and holding machine guns across their lap.

"Finally awake, I see?" A voice made me look up, and I snarled at the man in the white lab coat standing by the side of the cage. Rob.

"You bastard! Let us out of here!" Sehun growled, struggling to free himself from the handcuffs again. Rob simply smiled, looking down at Sehun.

"Not yet. I need your help with some things first." Rob said. He leaned forward, adjusting his glasses, and one guard strode over next to him.

"We’ll never help you, you killed Baekhyun!" I spat, struggling to stand. I finally did, sliding my handcuffs along the bar and hissing in pain when my hand touched the silver.

"Yes, that was a shame." Rob admitted, pushing his glasses higher on his nose. "But I need your help with something else."

He produced a small key and unlocked the door to the cage, staying as far from us as he could. The guard stepped inside as well, eyeing us. Rob tilted his head to the side, ignoring the furious growl that rumbled from Sehun.

"I need to know where the rest of your pack is." Rob said. Sehun shook his head, and stood next to me.

"We’ll never tell you." I hissed. Rob sighed, looking down and then back up at us. He shook his head, shrugging and motioning the guard forward.

"I really hate it when you wolves make this difficult." Rob said, the guard stepping forward. He swung the of his rifle directly into my stomach, slamming me back into the bars and making me double over in pain. My ribs cracked and I yelled, feeling my back being burned by the silver bars.

"Stop!" Sehun cried, moving close to me like he could protect me. I grunted in pain, struggling to regain my breath, and froze when I heard the gun click.

"Now, give up your alphas. Or your friend dies." Rob said, his voice low and commanding. I raised my head, looking at the rifle pointed directly at my chest. I looked over at Sehun, and he had a pleading look in his eye.

"Hun-ah, it’s okay. Don’t do it." I whispered. Rob sighed again, waving his hand, and the guard smiled slightly.

"One." Rob stated. "Two." Sehun didn’t move, staring at me with frightened eyes. I nodded at him again, swallowing and taking a deep breath.

"Three." The guard squeezed the trigger. The force of the bullet hitting my chest drove me back against the bars again and I collapsed, hand over the smoking hole in my flesh. Blood quickly coated my hand and I gasped, closing my eyes against the pain and slipping into darkness.

SEUNGRI’S POV

I frowned as I heard Luke yell, sitting up on the couch. I put my book down slowly, grabbing the gun Luke kept taped under the table and padding across to the stairs. I watched, my eyes wide in horror, as a werewolf I didn’t recognize slit Luke’s throat with his claws.

I didn’t look back, turning and running as fast as I could to the stable. Luke kept his horse Hellfire in the stable, and I saddled him up quickly. Hopping onto his back wearing nothing but a pair of sweatpants, I held the gun in one hand and the reins in the other, kneeing the horse to a gallop.

We sped over the ground, heading steadily north, up to Canada. Up to the others.

YIXING’S POV

We tracked Xiumin and Sehun’s scent to a small clearing just off the roadway. Another pair of tire marks lead away from the road, the distinct tires of a pick-up truck. Seunghyun, Lu Han and I split off from Kris, Jongin and Eunkwang, taking opposite trails through the snow.

Soon enough, a lone warehouse built out of concrete and stone rose out of the stone. We knelt under the cover of pine trees, watching the guards standing outside. They were dressed all in white, camouflaged against the snow, and held guns. I lifted my head, catching Sehun’s scent and the smell of fresh blood.

"There." I said. Seunghyun nodded, pointing out the two pick-up trucks parked outside the building.

"We have to move quickly." Lu Han said. I nodded, gesturing to Jongin, Kris and Eunkwang kneeling not far away. Kris looked over at us, motioning which ways to go, and I showed him a thumb’s up.

We moved forward, running low to the snow and each taking a different guard. I snarled, baring my canines and shocking my guard at first. He raised his gun but I knocked it away, landing a quick punch to his throat. He choked, collapsing, and I ran my claws over his throat. Blood trickled down, mixing with the snow and turning it pink.

"Come on." Kris whispered, kicking the door open. He leapt inside, all of us following him, and we were met with the sight of a guard holding a gun to Sehun’s head. The man in the lab coat next to them turned, smiling when he saw Kris.

"Ah, there he is. Well done, my dear boy." I recognized the doctor with a start, matching him to Chanyeol’s description. Rob. The one who killed Baekhyun and caused us so much sorrow.

The guard stepped away from Sehun, both him and Rob exiting the giant portable cell they were in. When he moved I saw Xiumin crumpled on the floor, a gunshot on his chest making blood coat the floor around him. When Kris saw Xiumin, his eyes flashed red and he crouched, ready to pounce.

The guards stood immediately, hoisting their guns and firing blindly at us. I leapt in front of Eunkwang, determined to keep him from being shot. He was human, he wouldn’t heal like us, no matter how fiercely he fought.

Jongin growled, flickering out of sight and appearing behind a guard. He slashed the guard’s throat, using his gun to shoot more guards. I leapt forward, racing to get to Xiumin and Sehun, stopped by the locked bars of the cage, laced with silver. Lu Han saw me and raised his arms, spreading them wider.

The bars flung themselves to opposite sides with a squeal, opening up enough room for me to get inside. I jumped inside, going to Sehun.

"Are you hurt?" I asked quickly. He shook his head, gesturing towards Xiumin.

"Help Xiumin! That guard shot him, I don’t know if he’s okay-" Sehun said. I nodded, kneeling down by Xiumin. A guard made his way in the cage, brandishing a knife, but Sehun jumped up and kicked out with his legs. His double-foot kick caught the guard in the chest, slamming him back with an audible crunch.

Seunghyun appeared next to me, lending his own healing power. I listened hard, trying to find Xiumin’s heartbeat. He was pale, mouth slightly open and his chest not moving. I finally grasped the sound, beating so faintly it was almost inaudible.

"He’s alive." I murmured. Seunghyun nodded, pressing his hands against Xiumin’s chest and joining me. We poured every last bit of our energy into healing Xiumin; pulling out the bullet, cleaning the wound, closing it, repairing damaged skin and muscle and replacing blood he had lost.

By the time we were done, both of us could barely sit up. I looked over just in time to see Eunkwang slaying another guard, moving in a deadly arc with a pair of twin daggers. Kris knelt over a wounded Rob, snarling at him. With a swift movement, Kris raised his hand and plunged his claws deep into Rob’s chest.

The doctor froze with a choking sound, eyes blown wide behind his glasses. He coughed, blood bubbling up from his lips, and collapsed on the floor, heartbeat stopping abruptly. Kris stood carefully, holding a wound on his side.

"For Baekhyun." Kris murmured. I nodded, allowing darkness to claim me, slipping into the warm folds of sleep.

BAEKHYUN’S POV

I walked through the forest, hearing the crunch of hundreds of feet behind me. Satisfaction bubbled in my chest as I thought of all the favors I had called in. Everyone who had ever owed the wolf pack anything, plus everyone who had ever owed them something.

Niel, Chunji, Aron, L. Joe, Changjo, Ricky and Cap - the water spirits. Leeteuk, Heechul, Yesung, Kangin, Shindong, Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Donghae, Siwon, Ryeowook, Kibum, Hangeng and Kyuhyun - werewolves. Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Woohyun, Hoya, Sungyeol, L and Sungjong - vampires. Rome, Siwoo, Ray, Kangjun, T.K. and Maru - humans. Jungkyun, Ron, Yuseong, Z-UK and High Top - demons. Kevin, Kiseop, Hoon, Eli, AJ, and Soohyun - good elves. Yongguk, Jongup, Youngjae, Daehyun, Himchan and Zelo - half-angels.

There were many more groups, all with their own unique names for their clan or pack. ToppDogg (shapeshifting dogs), BlockB (warlocks), 2pm (humans), Alphabat (vampires), Got7 (Imugi), Nu’est (warlocks) and Boyfriend (more humans).

I kept going through the snow, pushing everyone to go faster. I didn’t know how long my pack would wait before attacking, and they couldn’t win by themselves. I just hoped my extra troops got there in time.

SKYE’S POV

"Chanyeol, be careful." I said, watching him pace close to the edge of the cliff. He nodded, looking down at the hunters gathered below. His wolf ears were flicking nervously against his hair, eyes flickering on and off. He was nervous, all the wolves were, but he was too close to the edge for my comfort. Tao was next to us, waiting just as anxiously for Kris to get back.

"Chanyeol, she’s right." Tao said. He was watching the side with the supernaturals, and I walked over by Chanyeol. So far, we hadn’t been discovered up here, but we didn’t know how long that safety would last. All it took was one loud noise, one wrong move, and we were dead.

"Tao, come here." Suho called as loudly as he dared. Tao stood up, waving to us and going to join the others. They were going hiking into the woods nearby, trying to find our friends. Chanyeol and I were left in charge of base camp for the next few hours, making sure we weren’t discovered.

"I’m going to make some food." I said, after sitting on the rock by the cliff side for about half an hour. The others were long gone and I was starving, hunger clawing at my stomach. Chanyeol nodded, continuing his walk along the side of the cliff.

I walked over to the fire we had started, keeping it low as I used it to heat up some old rice from lat night’s dinner. When that was finally done, I ate my portion and filled a bowl for Chanyeol. I walked over to where he was, waiting for him to notice me.

"Here you go." I said, calling him over closer. Chanyeol looked up at me, managing a small smile, I walked closer.

"Thanks." Chanyeol took a step, reaching out for the bowl. Just before he got it, his foot slipped out from under him. The false side of the cliff crumbled, snow plummeting down to the ground.

"Chanyeol!" I dropped the bowl, grabbing his hand and wincing when his weight pulled me down on my stomach. My bad arm sent a flare of pain through me in protest, my fingers struggling to hold onto his hand.

"Skye!" Chanyeol cried out, dangling against the side of the cliff. His large hand wrapped around mine, fingers clasped through mine.

"Chanyeol!" I gasped, panting from the effort of holding him. He swayed, feet scrabbling for a purchase and making more snow and rocks drop down. I slid forward a little, my head and shoulders dangling over empty space.

"Skye! I’m slipping!" Chanyeol cried, frantic brown orbs looking into mine. I gritted my teeth, struggling to heave him up. Instead I slipped a little more forward, my waist and legs the only things keeping me from plummeting over the edge.

"Chanyeol, I can’t hold you!" I gasped, sliding another inch forward. Chanyeol looked up at me, biting his lip, and saw how I was slipping.

"Skye." Chanyeol said. I slipped more, almost crying out at the pain from my arm. I looked down at him, praying the other wolves were coming back to help.

"Chanyeol, I won’t let you fall!" I said, praying I could keep my promise. Instead, Chanyeol looked up at me. I slipped another six inches forward, and Chanyeol shook his head.

"Skye, you can’t hold us both." Chanyeol said. I shook my head, frantically trying to dig the toes of my boots into the snow.

"Just a little longer, Chanyeol." I begged, trying to ignore the shaking muscles of my arm. I knew I couldn’t hold him, and he did too.

"I love you." Chanyeol said. And then he let go.

GUYS I’M BACK! DID YOU MISS ME? I’m here and I’m inspired and I’m so ready to write things! Wow, calm the intensity. *deep breath* Anyway, I was given a long list of chores today and all the mindless scrubbing let me slam through my writer’s block and I expanded the plot.

Anyway, so I figured out a way BOTH Chanyeol and Baekhyun can be dead and still end up with Skye. It’s totally perfect!

No, I’m lying, only Baekhyun’s dead. But I found a way to bring him back to life!

No, I didn’t! I need a ghost Chanyeol!

Anyway...I’m just here to torture your feels and confuse you all. I left you with a literal cliff-hanger, hope you enjoy it! I’m going to update either later tonight or tomorrow, it depends on how many comments I get. Anyway...let me clear up some possible confusion~

1) Sehun and Xiumin are both alive, but Xiumin could still die any second, he’s so weak.

2) Luke is dead.

3) Baekhyun has enlisted the help of: Teen Top, BtoB, Super Junior, Infinite, C-Clown, Bigflo, U-KISS, B.A.P., Toppdogg, 2pm, Alphabat, Got7, Nu’est, BlockB and Boyfriend. Comment if you have another band you want me to include, I’d be happy to do it and I need more people.

4) Yes, Chanyeol is dangling over the edge of the cliff. Yes, he let go because he was pulling Skye over. Yes, he is now plummeting to his death. Yes, Skye might fall after him anyway because she was so close to the edge. No, I regret nothing.

So, please leave me a comment, and be sure to subscribe and upvote! Thank you my lovelies~

It’s good to be back!

-Sujin

<3