Rain

Don't Be Afraid of Me

KRIS' POV

    I looked over, shifting from foot to foot nervously as I crossed and uncrossed my arms. Rome looked over at me, resting a reassuring hand on my shoulder. He gave me a comforting look and I nodded softly, trying to take a deep breath. 
    "Tao will be just fine. He's the one who wanted to do this." Rome said, looking over at me from my other side. 
    "Watch, it's starting!" Rome said, pointing towards the ring in the middle of the room. I looked up, expecting to see Tao, and was simultaneously relieved and disappointed when I saw two boys I didn't know. 
    They circled around each other warily, the dyed blonde boy jumping in to land a punch on the other's face. The other boy ducked under it, reaching out and grabbing the blonde's ankle. He yanked out quickly, the blonde falling to the ground and rolling out of the hold. The second boy turned quickly, stomping his heel down on the blonde's chest. 
    The air rushed out of the blonde boy with an audible puff as he curled in on himself. The other boy rained kicks on his ribs, stopped when Maru jumped in between them and dragged the blonde back. His hands were out, stopping the attacker, and he turned to Rome. 
    "Fight goes to Cheol-su!" Maru called, leaping back out of the circle and returning to the other members of Rome's group. 
    "Is Tao next?" I asked, growing more and more nervous. When Rome and High Top had opened up a fight club, I hadn't worried, but now that Tao was joining it? This was a bad idea. 
    "No, would you please just relax?" High Top snapped back. I twisted my hands in my lap, trying not to think of Tao getting hurt. 
    "Here, that's Tao." High Top finally nudged me, making me look up. Tao walked into the center of the ring wearing loose black pants and a tight black shirt. He looked over at me and smirked, flicking his hair out of his eyes and blowing me a kiss.
    "He'll be fine." Rome said. "Maru's watching." 
    I took a deep breath, looking over at Rome's friends watching from the sidelines, tensed to stop the fight if anything happened. Tao jumped up and down loosely, rolling his neck out and clenching and unclenching his fists.
    "Alright, start!" A tall, lean young man stepped into the ring and Tao immediately tensed. I breathed in, catching the fighter's scent and finding the distinctly metallic scent of an Imugi. 
    The Imugi rolled his shoulders too, crouching forward and pulling his fists up in front of his face. His gold eyes burned into Tao's red ones, his lips pulling back in a lazy smile that flashed long teeth. Tao did the same, showing off his white canines, and the Imugi hissed low in his throat. 
    "Go!" Maru called, nudging the Imugi forward. Tao pulled his hands up in front of his face, circling around the Imugi as he stepped forward. 
    Tao exploded forward, a front snap kick darting forward and catching the Imugi in the chest. Tao followed it quickly with a round kick, then a side kick. He finished off with a back kick, knocking the Imugi flying and finishing his kick perfectly. He held it for a few seconds, smiling softly, then turned to look at the Imugi. 
    The Imugi popped himself up, giving Tao a feral look and jumping forward. He punched towards Tao's throat, Tao easily blocking it, but Tao stepped directly into the punch from the opposite side. The Imugi knocked Tao back, blood spraying in a fine mist from Tao's mouth. He landed on his stomach, scraping his elbows as he braced himself. 
    I cringed, struggling to stay in my seat. The Imugi jumped up, landing on Tao's back and digging his heel into Tao's spine. Tao flipped over, grabbing his leg and using the momentum to propel himself up. The Imugi stood too, both of them watching each other carefully. 
    The Imugi struck suddenly, leaping forward and executing a round kick. Tao caught his foot, pinning it with one arm and then sweeping his leg behind the Imugi's supporting leg. He used his free hand to punch the Imugi's solar plexus, sending him crashing to the ground with Tao on top. Tao straddled the Imugi's chest, punching his face until the Imugi grabbed Tao's shirt. He folded both legs under Tao, straightening them and kicking Tao right in the ribs. 
    Tao went flying back, landing on his back on the floor. He coughed, pulling his arms in and rolling to the side seconds before the Imugi kicked the ground where Tao's head had been. Tao stood up, facing the Imugi, and I saw the determination in his eyes. 
    I clutched the sides of my chair tightly, loosening up slightly when I heard them start to crack. Tao breathed out, focusing in on one point, and I saw him start to lean forward. The Imugi moved forward, his hand extended in a punch, and Tao struck. 
    His body stretched forward, his right foot propelling itself over his head and striking the Imugi right in the temple. He went down like a rock, Tao still remaining perfectly balanced in his scorpion kick. I widened my eyes, unable to believe my little taozi just kicked someone over his head, and was jerked back out of my head by Maru running forward and dragging the Imugi out of the way. 
    Tao turned to me, raising his fist and smiling before collapsing on the ground. I gasped and ran forward, pushing my way through the group of people. I dropped to my knees by Tao, lifting his head up and his cheek lightly with my thumb. 
    "Tao?" I said, sighing in relief when his eyes flickered open. His mouth dropped slightly in a smile, and he panted. 
    "How'd I do?" Tao asked softly, looking at me. I smiled down at him, swinging him up in my arms and kissing his forehead.
    "You were fantastic."   

JAESHIN'S POV

    "Where are we going?" Baekhyun whined, allowing me to pull him along the hallways. The kids were having nap time, and we had about 15 minutes to ourselves. Time that I was not going to waste. 
    "Here." I said, turning the knob in front of me and swinging the door to the supply closet open quickly. I turned, smiling at Baekhyun and grabbing the front of his shirt. 
    He followed me inside, closing the door and plunging us both into darkness. His hands found my neck, cupping the back of my hand gently and smoothing his thumb over my skin. I smiled seconds before he kissed me, loving the way he softly held me. He was always so careful with me, making sure I knew how much I meant to him. 
    The quick press of his lips turned into a pleasant pressure, his hands skimming down to massage the skin between my shoulder blades. I sighed as his hands slid up under my shirt, the base of my wings. I opened my mouth, letting him inside, and his tongue flicked over my lower lip tenderly. 
    I breathed in through my nose, his warm scent curling all around me, and ran my fingers through his hair. I grabbed one of his wings gently, not breaking the kiss, and pulled it out so I could bury my fingers in his soft fingers. I his wing, feeling Baekhyun arch his back in pleasure. 
    His hand paused one my jawline, cupping my cheek to give himself more leverage as he gently toyed my bottom lip with his teeth. He pulled back, leaving little kisses down my jawline and neck, on the skin. I tilted my head back, wrapping my hands around his hips and letting him pull me close. 
    "We should go." Baekhyun finally pulled back, breathing in deeply and resting his forehead against mine. I nodded, my lips softly and letting him lead me from the closet. 
    His fingers twined through mine as he ran his hand through his hair, smoothing it down. I smiled at him, following him back to the classroom. 
    "Baekhyun!" I looked up at the voice, watching as Baekhyun saw someone inside the classroom and stopped dead in his tracks.    
    "Baekhyun!" A tall, slender girl called, running forward and throwing her arms around him. Baekhyun still had a shocked look on his face, his eyes getting even larger when she pulled back and kissed him. 
    I froze, watching with my hands stuffed deep in my pocket and feeling my heart twist painfully in my chest. I turned, walking back out of the room and feeling tears start to drop down my cheeks. 
    Of course he's got a girlfriend, of course. He didn't really care about me, he was just playing around while his girlfriend was gone. I wiped the back of my hand angrily across my cheeks, slamming out of the doorway and running blindly in the first direction I thought of. 
    As I ran, my thoughts tormented me. He used you. He hates you really. You were a joke to him. You should just run away. 
    I pushed myself harder and harder, trying to scrub away my tears. They blinded me and I fell back when I ran into a solid wall. I grunted when I landed on my back, looking up and wondering distantly how I could've run into a wall. 
    Instead, I found myself looking up a tall, muscled man blocking my way. He was looking down at me, his forehead creased in a frown, and I gulped when I saw the five men standing behind him. 
    "Running into people is disrespectful." His voice was deep and I cringed, getting to my feet slowly. 
    "Sorry." I mumbled, scrubbing fresh tears off my cheeks. He snorted, looking to the men behind him. 
    "Sorry? That's it? See, I have a thing about disrespectful people." He said, motioning his friends forward. 
    "I think you can beat the disrespect out of them. What do you think, boys?" He asked, turning around and looking back at his friends. He smirked, turning back to me with a smile and shrugging. 
    "It's worth a try." I cringed when one man strode forward, grabbing my collar and propelling his fist into my mouth. He threw me down and I curled up, wrapping my arms protectively around my head. Someone kicked my wings and I cried out, trying to curl up more. 
    Blows rained down on me, blood trickling from my mouth and a scrape on my forehead. I flickered in and out of consciousness, finally giving up and letting the world fade to black. 
    When I woke up, my entire body flared with pain. I kept my arms curled around my head for a moment, briefly registering the ice cold pinpricks of rain. I finally opened the eye that wasn't shut, I recognized the distinctly consuming blackness of night. 
    I tried to push myself up but failed, giving up and lying on the ground. My clothes were soaked with rain and blood and I closed my eyes, more tears trickling over my cheeks as I fell back asleep. 

Leave me a comment of what you thought of this update, I'm sorry it took so long! 
*snuggles Jaeshin* mianhae baby 
Kamsamnida, saranghamnida!
—Sujin
<3