Beautiful Creature

Don't Be Afraid of Me

CHANYEOL’S POV

Jaejoong and I walked through the forest with Baekhyun between us, sagging weakly. We didn’t talk, but I took the time to watch Jaejoong. He had never treated us with anything but disgust or hate, but I supposed it could’ve been the influence from Fey. I wasn’t about to deny his help now, that’s for sure. Besides, he seemed to have genuinely changed.

"Where are we going?" I asked. Jaejoong shrugged, pointing to a spot a little farther up. I nodded, continuing to watch him.

"About six of my friends are over there. We split off from the main pack last night, and one of them is skilled in healing." Jaejoong said. I nodded again, looking ahead and seeing smoke from a fire curling faintly.

"He’s nothing like Yixing, but he’ll keep Baekhyun alive for now." Jaejoong said. He heaved Baekhyun’s arm up higher over his shoulders, checking Baekhyun’s ashen face anxiously.

"Thank you for your help." I said. Jaejoong nodded, finally reaching a large clearing. The snow had been brushed to the sides and the floor was piled with comfortable pine boughs. There was a shelter in the center, easily 20 ft by 20 ft. Smoke was coming from the fire outside the shelter, and a small stream s by.

"We cracked the top layer of ice so we could get water." Jaejoong said, seeing me staring. I nodded, and he set Baekhyun down on a pile of pine boughs gently.

Baekhyun sprawled on his side, wings stretching out limply behind him. His face was a pale grey color, his eyes fluttering open for a second. I sat down by him, supporting his head to keep it out of the cold snow. Jaejoong disappeared into the shelter, coming out a few seconds later followed by 4 wolves.

"Chanyeol, this is Yunho, Changmin, Yoochun and Junsu." Jaejoong said, pointing to each young man. They nodded to me, smiling softly. My eyes rested on Yunho, his ice blue eyes wildly out of place with his Asian features. He gave Baekhyun a predatory look, smile glinting like steel. I moved closer to Baekhyun subconsciously, noticing the other boys had nothing but friendly smiles to offer.

"Yunho, could you help Baekhyun? He was poisoned with iron." Jaejoong said, looking over at Yunho. The man nodded, stepping closer to Baekhyun.

"Why don’t you guys go inside?" Yunho asked, scooping up a handful of snow and gently pressing it over the gash in Baekhyun’s wing.

"I’ll stay with him." I said, setting my feet when everyone else turned away to go back to the shelter.

"Doesn’t some hot tea sound nice?" Yunho said, pulling something out of the backpack he had slung across his shoulders. It looked like a knife, and I immediately smelled the scent of iron.

"Come on, let’s give him some room." Jaejoong said, slinging his arm around my shoulder and turning me away. I fought his hold, turning back and relaxing when I saw Yunho scraping some iron off the knife.

"Don’t you trust me?" Yunho asked. I nodded, knowing sometimes it took a small amount of poison to make the cure.

"Alright, let’s go inside." I nodded, turning and following the others into the shelter. I had to trust that Yunho would help Baekhyun...after all, appearances weren’t everything.

JAESHIN’S POV

I looked down at the angel sprawled on the pine boughs below me. The disguise I wore was itchy, making me miss my own height and abilities. I grabbed the dagger my lady had given me, holding the silver handle carefully, avoiding the iron blade.

I looked behind me, checking that the wolves were securely in the shelter. All I needed to do was stab the angel and run away. Simple. I stepped forward, raising the dagger in preparation - and froze when the angel stirred.

He moved his legs restlessly, his ashen face twisting in a wince. He flung his arm out, the veins on the inside of his arm showing through black, like they had been traced with ink. His beautiful wings fluttered against the ground, more silver blood dripping from them. I slowly lowered the dagger, feeling my heart tear in two.

I owed my lady obedience, no matter what she asked. But how could I kill this beautiful creature? I breathed heavily, trying to decide between doing the right thing or doing the thing that would keep me alive.

The angel whimpered lowly, making my mind up for me. I set the dagger down, kneeling in the snow next to him and packing more snow onto his wing. Placing my hands over it, I dug deep and found the little flicker of magic in me. Drawing out a small thread of it, I slowly forced it into the gash in the angel’s wing.

He in a deep breath suddenly, sweat beading his brow as my magic wound through him. I searched through his blood stream, pulling all the bits of iron back out and then sealing the gash. I soothed the burns on his fingers and then healed the bruise on his eye.

By now, his skin was back to a smooth white color, two pink spots of color flushing his cheeks. He was still asleep, but he would be fine when he woke up. He just needed to rest. I stood slowly, shedding my disguise quickly.

As I grew taller and my black hair tumbled down to my shoulders, I grabbed the dagger once again. Now that I had betrayed my lady, she was sure to find out. When she did, she would kill me. I knelt down in the snow, taking a deep breath and resting the tip of the dagger against my chest.

I closed my eyes, fully prepared to slam the blade into my heart, when a gentle hand on my wrist stopped me. I opened my eyes, looking down into the deep brown orbs of the angel. He shook his head, pulling the dagger away from my chest and looking at me.

"No. You saved my life. My pack will protect you now, you don’t have to do that." he said, fixing me with a gentle look. "Thank you."

I ducked my head, nodding, and let him throw the dagger away. He knelt, struggling to stand, and I helped him up.

"My name is Baekhyun." the angel murmured. I nodded again, walking with him towards the shelter the wolves had built.

"I’m Jaeshin." I said. Baekhyun looked at me, a pure white smile curling his lips, and he rested a hand on my shoulder.

"Nice to meet you, Jaeshin."

SKYE’S POV

I followed Namjoon deeper into the cave, Mark watching us warily. He and Jiyong started talking, and he soon warmed up to us.

"What happened to everyone else?" I asked, letting Namjoon guide me through the darkness. His golden eyes hovered by me, his hand on my waist.

"We got here, and were immediately ambushed. The kitsunes and us were the only survivors. The entire Army was slaughtered." Namjoon said. I breathed a sigh of relief, glad the kitsunes were alive.

"So, we waited in here, trying to see when you would get back." Namjoon said. I smiled, glad he had thought of the wolves and I.

"Everyone is very anxious to see you." Namjoon said.

We reached the end of the tunnel, reaching a small cavern lit up by small balls of light everywhere. Immediately, I was almost knocked over by five kitsunes jumping onto me. They quickly shifted into their human form, crushing me with their hugs. The Imugis joined in no time, almost suffocating me.

"Guys-" I choked, struggling to breathe. "Guys- too much love...can’t breathe..."

"Give her some space!" Minho called, everyone beginning to back up. I giggled when Onew tripped over a stone while walking backwards, landing flat on his with an audible oomph.

"I missed you guys." I smiled, looking around at them. Hoseok crushed me in another hug, and Taehyung quickly joined.

"We missed you too." Taehyung smiled.

"Now, tell us everything we missed!" Yoongi said, smiling at me. I nodded, sitting down on the cave floor and starting from the beginning.

SEUNGRI’S POV

I slid tiredly from Hellfire’s back. We were both exhausted, riding all day and night. We were almost at the border between Washington and Canada, and we needed to rest. I looked down, seeing my gunshot wound had started leaking blood sometime during the ride.

I ripped a chunk of fabric off the saddle blanket, pressing it to the wound. It hurt like heck, and I soon curled up on the ground next to Hellfire. I slipped off into sleep, too tired to worry about staying up to watch for attackers.

Another update is here~ Did I surprise you guys when Jaejoong ended up being good? It was Jaeshin disguised as Yunho...and he turned out to be good too. Guys, I’ll be honest. I smell a relationship between Jaeshin and Baekhyun, I’m not gonna lie. I know some of my readers are against boy x boy, and I’m trying desperately to think of alternatives. But guys, sometimes the story just has to run its course. If you don’t like it, I’m sorry, and you can read all about Skyechan and avoid Baekshin. And if you really don’t like it, please just unsubscribe and don’t bash my story. I have a vulnerable heart *pout*

Anywho...please comment and tell me what you think~

Saranghamnida, kamsamnida

-Sujin

<3