Campfire

Don't Be Afraid of Me

SKYE’S POV

I snuggle closer to Chanyeol on the log, the heat of the fire at my face. All of us except Jiyong, Seunghyun and Seungri were sitting around a blazing campfire. We were sprawled on the floor and the logs, the kitsunes running around in both forms.

Currently, a sleeping Taemin fox was curled up on Yixing’s lap, the sweet wolf petting him gently. Tao and Kris were sitting together, sharing a s’more. Apparently, the Imugis never went anywhere without s’more supplies, and they were happily cooking marshmallows over the fire.

"Ooh, let’s play a game!" Hoseok suggested suddenly. The others looked around, wondering what was going on in that crazy head. But of course, Taehyung jumped up with a smile.

"Yeah! How about we go around, saying our favorite memory ever? Then we can keep choosing new topics." Taehyung said. We all nodded, deciding it couldn’t hurt, and Yixing volunteered to go first.

"Mine is...hmmm...wait, what was the question again?" Yixing paused. "Oh wait! I got it! My favorite color is purple." Yixing finished proudly. Chanyeol laughed next to me, his deep voice thrumming through me.

"Hyung, the question is your favorite memory!" Chanyeol laughed. Yixing gave a surprised look, then shrugged.

"When I first learned to heal." Yixing said. The others nodded, then Hoseok pointed to Tao, sitting next to Yixing. Tao looked thoughtful for a second, then smiled.

"When I was bitten and became a werewolf." Tao said. I looked up in surprise, tilting my head to the side.

"I thought all of you were born werewolves?" I asked. Tao nodded, smiling at me.

"Everyone else is. But I chose to be bitten a year ago." Tao said. I frowned, unable to imagine someone choosing to be turned into a werewolf.

"Why did you choose to become a wolf?" I asked, genuinely curious. Tao blushed a little, looking away.

"So I could stay with Kris." Tao murmured. The other wolves laughed, wolf whistling jokingly until they saw Kris’ killer face.

"Next!" Hoseok said, pointing to Kris. The alpha shook his head, waving a hand.

"Pass." Kris said. Hoseok pouted, but Kris ignored him. Finally, Hoseok moved on to Chen. Chen took a minute to think, smiling devilishly.

"My favorite memory was when I wrapped plastic wrap around the doorway to Suho’s treehouse." Chen announced proudly. Everyone but Suho and Yixing - the unfortunate roommate - burst out laughing.

"Kibum’s next!" Taehyung announced. The kitsune in question looked up with half-lidded eyes, smiling.

"When my little Taeminnie-ah first shifted into a wittle foxy woxy!" Kibum said, his voice holding barely restrained mother’s pride. Taemin, awake by now, bared his teeth at Kibum, who only waved back.

"Look at my big boy, all grown up!" Kibum said. The game then halted long enough to pull the enraged Taemin off Kibum’s face, then started up again at Jonghyun.

We continued playing until the younger supernaturals were starting to yawn. They curled up and went to sleep, while the rest of us somehow spiraled into a game of truth or dare.

"Yixing! Truth or dare?" Lu Han called.

"Truth." Yixing said. Lu Han looked slightly disappointed, then shrugged.

"Would you date an ugly girl?" Lu Han asked. Yixing shook his head, and Lu Han tilted his head. "Why not?"

"Because there are no ugly girls." Yixing answered sweetly. I smiled at him, feeling my heart melt a little. Whoever ended up marrying him was going to be so lucky...

"Chanyeol! Truth or dare?" Chen called. Chanyeol shrugged, thinking for a moment.

"Dare."

"I dare you...to the bottom of Xiumin’s foot!" Chen said, pointing at the sleeping oldest wolf next to him. Chanyeol shrugged, leaning forward, but I pulled him back.

"Ew, no!" I said. Chen looked at me, a glint in his eye.

"Either Xiumin’s foot...or kiss Skye!" Chen said, smiling like the little troll he was. Chanyeol looked back at me, and I leaned forward and kissed him before he could ask. Little whistles from the wolves sprung up, and we both blushed.

"Come on pups, time to sleep." Kris said, herding everyone over to the thick mattresses of pine boughs. I curled up one, Yixing laying down next to me and covering us both with another bough. I laughed when I saw Chanyeol, sound asleep with all five kitsunes in their fox forms sharing the bough with him.

I closed my eyes, drifting off to sleep peacefully. Everything was back to being calm and peaceful. No one was dying or missing or running away. It was just perfect.

Sorry this update is so short! Because of swim championships this weekend, I wrote three updates tonight, so I’m tired. I made it a fluffy funny little chappie...please leave me some comments?

Kamsamnida, saranghamnida~

-Sujin

<3