Wolfpack

Don't Be Afraid of Me

Last update tonight, everyone please comment and tell me what you think of this!

 

    I reached the cave and pulled back the blanket. Chanyeol was still asleep under the blankets, his breathing slow and labored. I put down the parcel of medicine and food I had brought, building the fire and unwrapping Chanyeol's leg. What I saw shocked me. 
    Chanyeol still had deep cuts covering his leg, but when I felt the bone, it was only broken. No longer shattered, I could easily set the bone. I remember Luke once telling me something about Occults having extraordinary healing, but I had dismissed it as a myth.  
    "Chanyeol, wake up." I said, finally done with wrapping his leg. He opened his eyes sleepily, letting out a tiny smile. 
    "Hey." Chanyeol winced, pushing himself into a sitting position with a small moan. I unwrapped the parcel of food, moving with quick, darting movements. I didn't care how gentle Chanyeol had been so far, he was a freaking werewolf—the same kind of creature that had killed my family. I might be helping him, but I didn't trust him at all. 
    "Here. Eat." I said, all but throwing the pieces of meat in his lap. Chanyeol jumped in surprise, flinching slightly, and giving me another scared look. It was the same expression from when he got his leg stuck in a trap, and I felt bad suddenly for scaring him. Wait, me scare him?
    "Thank you." Chanyeol said, dropping his head. He picked up the meat, then gave me with a surprised look when he noticed his wrists were chained together. 
    "Did you do this?" Chanyeol asked, rattling the chains I had wrapped around his wrists before I set his leg. I saw with a flash of regret they were too tight (they had rubbed red circles around his wrists) but I would rather have a chained werewolf than be dead. 
    "Yes." I said. We kept staring at each other, not breaking eye contact. I felt Chanyeol's uncomfortableness, and he held his hands out. 
    "Will you please let me go?" Chanyeol asked softly. I bit my lip, looking away when he fixed me with puppy dog eyes. I nodded slowly, tossing him the keys and backing up a little bit. 
    "Thank you." Chanyeol struggled with his chains for a bit, and I finally resolved to help him when a low growl rippled from the cave entrance. I spun in terror, met with a terrifying sight. 
    Two teenage boys with glowing red eyes and massive canines crouched in the entrance to the cave. I saw there were more werewolves behind the two and I felt my heart leap into my throat. Chanyeol and I were alone, in a cave, without any weapons. 
    "Get. Away. From him." One werewolf growled, jumping forward. I skittered back, and he crouched in between Chanyeol and I. He growled again, and flicked his black hair out of his eyes. 
    "I—I—I...just please don't hurt me!" I gulped, curling up with my back against the cave. Tears streamed down my cheeks and I forgot all the training I had been given. I started outright sobbing, lowering my head and covering my face with my hands. I felt someone gently touch my knee, and screamed when I looked up into a werewolf's eyes. 
    "Get away! Please..." I said. His red eyes immediately softened, his brown hair flopping I not his face. 
    "Hey, hey, it's okay. Sweetheart, we're not going to hurt you." he said, holding his hands up. I curled up more, still terrified. 
    "Baekhyun, you're scaring the poor thing." he said. The werewolf between me and Chanyeol—Baekhyun—straightened up, still looking at me distrustfully. 
    "Chanyeol, do you know her?" the nice (?) werewolf asked, turning to Chanyeol. He nodded, giving me a reassuring look. 
    "Yes, she healed me. Don't hurt her." Chanyeol said, standing up a little. Another boy from the doorway helped support Chanyeol, giving him a concerned look. 
    "She's seen us already. She'll go back and tell someone, and then they'll come and kill us." Baekhyun said. I shook my head, drying my tears and gulping.    
    "I—I won't tell. I promise, please don't kill me." I whispered. The werewolf in front of me gave me a surprised look, his eyes fading from red to brown. 
    "Kill you? We wouldn't kill you. I'm Suho." Suho said, giving me a reassuring look. I looked over, Baekhyun's shadowed eyes making me think differently, and Suho obviously backed away. 
    "We can't just leave her." Baekhyun said. He crossed his arms, eyes also fading, and gave me a calculating look. 
    "Why don't we take her back with us? She can stay with us until we figure out what to do with her." A werewolf holding Chanyeol said, his dark eyes reflecting no light. 
    "Jongin's right. Let's just take her." another boy strode forward, his sharp jawline matching the flat line his mouth was in. 
    "Sehun, what about feeding her?" Suho asked. Sehun crossed his arms, shrugging, and the last werewolf stepped forward. He had large eyes and longer black hair, and his face looked kind of...squishy. 
    "I'll do it. I'm Kyungsoo." Kyungsoo said, giving me a small smile. Suho nodded, and I gave them another panicked look. 
    "Come on, we won't hurt you." Suho said, holding out his hand. I shook my head, wrapping my arms around my knees. 
    "I don't want to go." I said. All my toughness was absolutely gone, and I hated myself for it. 
    "You have to. Now come on, I promise we won't hurt you." Suho said, giving me a pained look. I could tell he didn't want to hurt me, but he didn't have a chance. 
    "Come on, we're going." Baekhyun said. He stepped forward, grabbing my arm, and I screamed. Baekhyun clamped his hand over my mouth and I bit down hard, making him wince. 
    "Stop that!" Baekhyun said, dragging me to my feet and hauling me off. Suho trailed after, protesting, and Jongin helped Chanyeol. 
    "You're hurting me!" I cried, feeling Baekhyun's fingers leaving bruises on my arm. He didn't pay attention, only letting me go with Suho took me instead. 
    "Baekhyun, leave her alone." Suho said warningly, and he took my wrist. He didn't hold me tight enough to hurt me, but I couldn't get away. 
    "Please let me go." I begged, tears streaming down my cheeks. Suho gave me another look, and Jongin stopped in front of me. 
    "Get on my back." Sehun said. I shook my head, and Suho picked me up and draped me over Sehun's back. The tall boy started running, the other werewolves racing with him through the forest. 
    I clung tight to Sehun's neck, not wanting to fall, and closed my eyes. The trees raced by dizzyingly, and I tried to avoid being sick. I just wanted to wake up, to make everything be a dream. But I couldn't wake up, and now I was heading to the home of a werewolf pack where I could be killed, beaten or worse. I closed my eyes, feeling more tears stream down my cheek and sighed. Would I ever get home?

 

Ooh, Baekhyun's not a very nice wolf...don't worry, he'll get better! Do you guys want Skye to be with Chanyeol, Baekhyun or Suho? Please comment with any questions or thoughts! 

Saranghae!

—Sujin