Dream

Don't Be Afraid of Me

"Chanyeol." I whispered. His eyes glowed like hot coals as he used his sleeve to wipe the blood trickling from his mouth. He leapt forward, slicing through the net around us with gleaming claws and helping us out.

"Skye!" Chanyeol murmured, wrapping his arms around me and holding me close. I melted against him, safe and warm in his arms.

The battle around us was ending, all the trappers killed by the pack. I saw with a smile that none of ours had been seriously injured, and looked back for Yoongi. His arm was broken, hanging limply at his side, but Yixing strode forward and healed it quickly.

The appearance of the wolves surprised me. They seemed wilder, rougher than the last time I had seen them. Their clothes were torn and dirty, streaked with blood. Before when they fought, they had been careful not to kill, but during this fight they had ruthlessly torn the trappers apart.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked. Chanyeol nodded, looking down at me with a short smile. His teeth were still pointed, streaked with blood.

"Have you killed someone before?" I asked quietly, remembering the brutally efficient way Chanyeol had snapped the trapper’s neck.

"Only when they hurt the pack." Chanyeol said. I could feel the thrum of power in his words, and felt it surrounding the clearing. When the wolves had fought those trappers, they were fighting to protect me. And that was what made them so violent.

Lu Han tipped his head back, releasing a loud howl that brought more wolves crashing through the undergrowth. I looked around, surprised to see some new faces.

"This is Jinki, Taemin, Minho and Jonghyun." Chanyeol said. I recognized the kitsunes just as Taehyung and Seokjin came crashing through the undergrowth from the other side.

"Jimin?" Jungkook set down Hoseok and went to Jimin in the net. I calmed the wolves down, explaining how I knew the Imugis. Key gleefully reunited with his friends, all of them shifting and running around the clearing.

I took of Hoseok’s pearl, giving it to Yoongi. He had thanked Yixing for healing his arm, and now walked over to place the necklace around Hoseok. After a few seconds, Hoseok jerked awake, looking around.

"Just rest." Yixing finished healing Hoseok, and I noticed Seunghyun’s clan by themselves off to the side. I walked over, saddened when I saw Seungri lying on the ground in front of them.

Daesung was gone, and Chanyeol had told me he had died. Seunghyun, Jiyong and Taeyang were watching Seungri carefully, Taeyang sending more waves of pulsing green into Seungri. A bullet wound on his chest was wrapped gently, but Yixing had explained that sometimes humans didn’t respond to magic healings. Seungri was on his own for this one, but it didn’t mean Taeyang stopped trying.

"I’m so sorry for your loss." I said, bowing my head. They nodded, and I sat down next to them on the ground. After a while, the wolves started turning in for the night.

Chanyeol came over, curling up against my side protectively. Jiyong stayed firm against my other side, keeping me sheltered from the night. I looked around, wondering at where Baekhyun was, and saw a faint shimmer from the trees. I knew he was watching over us, and that made me fall asleep immediately.

I woke up slowly, blinking my eyes in confusion. The smell of burning meat charred my nose, and I looked around. With a start, I realized my hands and feet were bound. I was sitting with my back to Chanyeol’s, facing the clearing. I realized with a sinking feeling the smell was coming from Seunghyun and Jiyong’s burning bodies. Taeyang was unconscious on the ground next to me, Seungri also next to him.

I moved my head, trying to see more. Tao was awake too, tied up like all the other wolves by us. Blood trickled sluggishly from a nasty slice on his side, and he was fighting to keep his eyes open. I couldn’t see any attackers, but the evidence of a fight was everywhere.

Blood pooled on the ground, all the grass shredded by claw marks and bullets. The black smoke spread a choking layer over everything, making me gag. The kitsunes were unconscious, same with the Imugis. Both were in large metal cages, unlike the wolves who were simply bound.

"Hello?" I called. Baekhyun appeared in front of me, gesturing for me to be quiet. "Baekhyun. What happened?"

"Fey’s pack. You’re all captured. Kris and Suho are dead. Yixing is too. We don’t have much time before they come back. You have to wake up Chanyeol." Baekhyun said. I felt my stomach drop, and tears pricked at my eyes.

Before I could move, Fey glided silently into the clearing. She was flanked by her wolves, appraising the clearing with a cold look. I tried to stay quiet, working my knife out of my boot. I slowly started to cut through the ropes on my hands.

"You know what, just kill the rest." Fey murmured. I froze, trying to control my terror. I sawed more frantically at the ropes, not noticing when I cut my own skin. Blood trickled down, slick and wet. I finally got my ropes off just as one of the wolfmen plunged a long knife directly into Tao’s chest. I screamed, standing up and tripping towards him.

They turned to look at me, and I sent my knife spiraling into Fey’s chest.

"Tao!!" I screamed.

"Skye! Skye, wake up! Skye!" Chanyeol shook me, sending me rocketing back into the real world. I bolted upright, sweat pouring down my back.

"Relax. It was just a dream." Chanyeol said, patting my soothingly. He linked his arms around my waist, Jiyong cuddling closer. I closed my eyes, trying to get some decent sleep.

This chappie is dedicated to Selinah, thank you for your lovely inspiring comment! Please leave me another one on how you like the update~

More tomorrow my lovelies!

Saranghamnida, kamsamnida! *le hearteu*

-Sujin

<3