Fight

Don't Be Afraid of Me

SKYE’S POV

Key and I walked deeper into the caves with Despair, and they were truly taking my breath away. Crystals and gems glittered in the walls, showed by the flickering torchlight. Key and Despair were catching up, leaving me in awe by myself.

We finally reached a small door cut into the rock, and Despair opened it with a small flash of light. Key and I went inside after, and I was amazed at the giant cavern. A waterfall spilled crystal clear water in a small river through the middle, and little chunks of self-illuminating crystal lit up the cavern brightly. I was in awe of everything, and Despair chuckled at my open mouth.

"There are blankets over there, take whatever you need from the kitchen." Despair said nicely, pointing with his tail to a cluster of rocks that formed a table and an icebox.

"This is seriously incredible." I said to Key, and he giggled. His ears twitched as he grabbed some blankets and made two beds on the floor.

I was tired, so as soon as I ate dinner (bread, cheese and ham), I fell asleep on my floor bed. I knew Despair and Key talked all through the night, and realized they were good friends. That was my last thought as I dropped off to sleep.

CHANYEOL’S POV

Regular fights are chaos. Werewolf fights? They’re insanity. I thought as I picked up a black wolf and threw him as hard as I could into a tree. He whined, lying still, and I sent a jet of flame at a wolf pinning Chen down. It shied away, jumping off him, but Chen was still on the ground. He was bleeding from a series of claw marks on his chest, and his arm was wrapped protectively around his ribs.

I ran forward, firing a few balls of flame at other wolves. It mostly just singed their fur, my powers exhausted from fighting for so long. It was easy to tell my pack from the others, we stayed in our human forms to fight. It was easier to use our powers that way.

I hauled Chen up by his arm, ignoring his grunt of pain, slinging him across my shoulders. I looked around, knowing we had no chance to win this fight. Fey’s pack knew we had powers, and they had taken out the ones who were the most powerful first.

Tao, sprawled on the ground by Kris. Yixing, guarded protectively by Suho and Xiumin. Jongin unconscious in the middle of the fight, needing help desperately. Lu Han was nowhere to be found. I dropped Chen gently by Suho and Xiumin, running forward again to grab Jongin and pull him to safety. Before I got there, a large black wolf jumped on his chest, lunging forward to bite his throat. The wolf jerked back with a high whine as a flash of light exploded directly in its sensitive eyes, Baekhyun appearing a second after. His teeth were bared in a ghostly grin and he shot another bolt of light at the wolf. It stumbled away blind, and I picked Jongin up, looking around.

Kyungsoo was chucking pieces of rocks at the wolf he was fighting, and Sehun shot a blast of wind at his wolf. Suho and Xiumin were working together with water and ice to keep Fey away from them, Kris flying up and around the others, launching powerful kicks below. Seunghyun and Taeyang were fighting with blasts of sparks, and long knives. Jiyong was unconscious below them, Seungri and Daesung protecting him with some pretty awesome martial arts skills.

Baekhyun flashed away, murmuring something to Kris and Suho as they desperately tried to hold off more wolves. Baekhyun’s voice appeared in everyone’s head, low and commanding.

‘We need to turn and run in the direction we first heard Lu Han yell. There’s a giant forest that way, and we can find him on the way and flee into the forest. It’s so big, we should lose Fey no problem.’ Baekhyun said. Everyone nodded, and Kris unleashed a howl.

I turned and ran, picking up Chen when I reached the others and taking off in the direction of Lu Han. Kyungsoo was the last to go, striking the earth and making a large wall of rock erupt up. He turned too, following us into the trees. Fey’s angry shriek echoed through the forest, following us.

"I will find you!"

We ran for hours, most of dragging and leaving trails of blood from our many wounds. Finally, all of us slumped down on the border of the Darkwood Forest. Lu Han was nowhere to be found, but we were all too tired to look now. Seunghyun and Taeyang set to work bandaging and healing as many hurt wolves as they could, but there were just too many injuries to deal with at once.

"We have to do this tomorrow." Taeyang panted, exhausted. Kris and Suho nodded, settling down with us on the mossy grass.

"Everyone, try to get some sleep. We’ll get Lu Han tomorrow." Kris said. Everyone except Sehun nodded, and I noticed him stand up as soon as Kris fell asleep.

"I’m going to go find Lu Han." Sehun held up his finger to his lips to shush me, and I nodded wearily. I knew I couldn’t stop him, so I let him go.

A few hours later, I woke to Sehun shaking my shoulder. There were purple smudges under his eyes, but he wore a weary smile.

"I found Lu Han!" Sehun pointed to Lu Han’s sleeping form next to him. "And I caught Skye’s scent!"

"What?" I sat up, looking around.

"She’s somewhere in this forest." Sehun said, lying down.

"We have to find her!" I said, almost standing.

"Tomorrow." Sehun silenced me. I nodded, curling up and going back to sleep. I was exhausted.

As you guys have noticed, updates will be shorter now that I’m working. I’m also sick today, so do I get a bonus for updating both of my stories when I feel like crap? *hopeful smile* Yes? No? Maybe so? Anywho, please leave me a comment to let me know you like my update, it would really mean a lot. I love you all, stay healthy!

Kamsamnida, saranghamnida~

-Sujin

<3